1997 Accord

1997 Honda Accord

Have You Driven the 1997 Honda Accord?

Great car for the money. Efficient/Reliable

by J.O. from Chicago, Illinois on Mon Jul 30 2012

Great car. This is my third Accord same year same body style same model. Gets up to 30 mpg highway. Good ergonomics. Incredibly reliable. Basic fluid changes and brakes/tires. Comfortable to drive. I have a modified suspension on mine and it performs well. It's a very fast car but it does handle considerably well. I've gotten over 150k on my first one but I've seen these accords go 300k+ with proper maintenance. Sensible car for someone who doesn't want something high maintenance or expensive to maintain. Holds resale value considerably well. Many parts shared with earlier accord (90-93). Good first car or car for college student. New parts / used parts very easy to find.

great car

by hansenbm from Cincinnati, OH on Sun Nov 20 2011

I purchased this car used in 2002, have had it now going on a decade. Never had any major repair issues with the vehicle. It's been on many 14 hour road trips without hesitation. Mileage now reads 270,000 and unfortunately the brake line started leaking. If the lines weren't so much to replace I would drive the wheels off the car! Most dependable car... I'm in the works of buying a 2007 or 2008 accord now but this car has been nothing short of amazing to me!!

It has been an awesome car

by Neamerjell from Cincinnati, OH on Mon Oct 22 2012

I bought it used with 20k miles on it in 2001 when the 1989 Honda Accord I bought off my parents died. It is now 2012 and it has 208,700 some odd miles on it. And I have beat the tar out of it! It is held together with duct tape, window caulk, and the hand of God... and His grip is loosening. I have said that I would drive it until the wheels fell off, put some new wheels on it and drive it some more. Well, I've done that - I replaced the front wheel bearings earlier this year. It leaks everything but brake and power steering fluid, most notably transmission fluid. But the engine still starts right up and runs great. This poor car is literally on life support until I can buy a newer used car (can't afford a new one). It is using transmission fluid at a rate of a gallon per week. I am truly impressed with Honda quality. To have lasted 188k miles and 11 years, I think I got my money's worth and then some!

First Accord, Not Last Accord

by In1Accord from Durham, NC on Wed Jul 18 2007

I bought this car in 2004 with 108,000 miles. The final price was $7,009.50. NOW I SEE WHY. The only money I've put into this car has been spent on routine maintainence. It now has 170,540 miles and it continues to purr. No squeaks or rattles! I drive it everyday to school (20 miles roundtrip) and I go home every weekend (100 miles roundtrip). The PAINT is even still glossy. I would definitely recommend this car as a first one or as a second, third, or fourth! It's amazing and I'll never buy anything other than a Honda!

Best car I have ever owned

by Previous Honda Owner from Palm Desert, CA on Mon Nov 15 2010

If Honda keeps making them like the 1997 Accord I had they will always be the best vechicle around. I can't say enough about this wonderful automobile.

First Car

by The Big Honda Accord from Riverside County, CA on Sat Jul 04 2009

Extremely satisfied with my first car purchased. I've had it for 4 years and has worked excellent. Although the paint is a little sunburned, the car is great overall. Very reliable car for a busy guy like me. School, work, fun, everywhere you need to go, you can count on this Accord. Now I'm saving for the 2006 or 2007 Accord. Not really interested in the 2008 and newest model.

Most reliable car ever can't be killed

by Chris H. from Springfield on Sat Apr 08 2017

This car has been in the family since it was only two years old. The car features the LX V6 trim and has provided 18 years of faithful service never leaving anyone stranded. The closest thing to a major repair this car has required is a new A/C condenser other then that all original. Amazing machine still zippy and the styling has aged surprisingly well even after 20 years and 250,000 miles. Overall Honda engineering and quality control can't be beat good luck keeping a GM product on the road this long.

20 years old and still running smoothly

by jbutera from Ashburn, VA on Mon Jun 26 2017

This 20 year old car has seen a lot over its life, but still starts without a hitch and accelerates smoothly for any car. Because of its longevity I would definitely recommend it to a friend. The interior is roomy and the seats are comfortable.

First Car I Ever Bought

by The Honda Gui from Fort Worth,T X on Thu May 28 2009

I bought a 97 accord right before I started college in 2004 and it was definitely a great decision. The car is the perfect student car or the perfect driving around the city car. The tranny went out on me at 143k but other than that I had no problems with the car. I loved my accord and i will guarantee anyone who gets one of these babies will too

So nice I got my wife a new one

by thebiggerone from erie, pa on Wed May 30 2007

I bought the car with 40000 miles have had it 5 years and it has not let me down once. Great car if you don't have a lot of money to spend. I want to get a new one but there is nothing wrong with it. 146,000 miles and counting.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 1997 Honda Accord

When you’ve been competing in the American automotive market for 25 years and have carried off numerous awards, you must be doing something right.

Representative of that “right” designation is the Honda Accord, an American-built automobile that has been the subject of kudos by newspapers and buff books over the years. Continuing in this light is the 1997 Honda Accord, a car designed, engineered and produced in the United States.

All Accords sold in the United States are manufactured by Honda of America Manufacturing in Marysville, Ohio. Available in sedan, coupe and wagon, the ’97 Accords offer a balance of handling, ride, comfort, sportiness and practicality.

That a... Read More