Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2005 Accord

2005 Honda Accord

$159 - $10,659  MSRP Range
2005 Honda Accord

Have You Driven the 2005 Honda Accord?

Can't beat a Honda!

by Chris from Chapel Hill, NC on Sat Jul 25 2009

I have owned this car since 12/04 and now have 70,000 miles on the car. Zero repairs. Just installed new tires, battery and brakes. That's it except for routine maintenance. The navigation system is excellent, much better than on my newer Mercedes. These cars are comfortable solid performers. Excellent power with the V6. Regular gas. Average 22 mpg in town and 28-30 on the highway. It is really hard to imagine that anyone NEEDS more car than this. Ride,handling and comfort are more than adequate. With reasonable care I can believe these cars are good for 200,000 miles or more.

The BEST car I have EVER OWNED!

by crankshaft from Sheboygan/Milwaukee, WI on Wed Dec 29 2010

I bought my 2005 ACCORD EX-L, 2Dr. V-6,Blk Int.,Blk. Ext. Oct. 5, 2007. It had 30,117 miles on it. I change my oil w/synth. every 4k -6k filter too. I get my tires balanced every 6-8k.Change engine air filter/cabin filter every 20k. I drive 51miles to work,102miles there & back.This car has been nothing short of amazing.Cruise on@58mph, 36mpg./ @71mph,32.7mpg!I now have 116k and I will be doing the REQ.main. timingBelt&Tentioner,Waterpump,Sparkplugs,Accessory belt.I am a mechanic,I will now own HONDA ONLY!

Honda Solid

by PV Guy in AZ from Prescott Valley, AZ on Mon Aug 05 2013

I traded my 2011 Subaru Legacy (aka: a piece of junk) for the 6-cylinder Accord with less than 49k miles. Compared to the Subaru that was built not to last the Honda is rock solid and feels bullit proof. I have owned several Hondas prior to this one and one cannot find a more reliable vehicle. Love the powerful engine, sporty feels (especially with the moon roof open), terrific stereo, frigid A/C, tight handling, large trunk, roomy in the back seat, numerous airbags, and key fob that opens all the windows at once. Wish the car got better MPG and had a USB connection, but that's the only improvements I can think of.

Another rating by me after 5 years...

by tushbobo from Lagos,Nigeria on Sat Feb 08 2014

I bought my 05 Accord in 2009.I reviewed it on this site on January 28,2010... I gave the car a 4 star rating then but after 5 years of use,I am back to give it a 5 star rating. I have had no cause to replace anything in my accord.I do not give much attention to maintenance as I used to due to the nature of my current job but my Accord has never disappointed me.The interior quality is better than my brother's Toyota Lexus. The only issue is the space between the front seats and the gear/armrest area which makes items fall in and difficult to retrieve. This car still stands tall even beside more recent models of Honda and other cars.5 stars all the way!!

Keep getting better

by Johnny-O from Meridian, Idaho on Fri Jun 22 2007

This is our second Accord and this one is awesome. The transmission on the EX 4 cyl. is really amazing. You would think it was the bigger 6 cyl engine it is so smooth. Long distance travel is not just great but even at higher freeway speeds it still gets 33 mpg. Fit and finish on this vehicle is perfect. Comfort is great but I'm over 6 foot and it can be a little tight for me but wonderful for the rest of the family. Handling is terrific and better than earlier models. Value as always is incredible with a HONDA!

This car was great!

by Vlad from Asheville, NC on Thu Oct 17 2013

I bought an 05 Accord LX 3.0 in 2007. This car is made of great quality. I also have an 06 Cadillac, but the quality isn't as great as Honda's. Never had any serious issues with it, praise God! Just changed the steering pump and had a safety recall for the power steering hose, which was actually damaged, but the dealer replaced it without a charge. The car is a good car though. If you love avoiding spending money on repairs, you should get an Accord.

The Best Car You'll Ever Own.

by Status from Oregon on Tue May 27 2008

Great car, classy and reliable. I love this car. i cant wait to drive it every day. i get 29 mpg low which is great at 4.00 for gas. i love the look of this car sleek design, looks even better tinted. i have one complaint of this car which in its self deals with there is no AUX input, so your gonna have to spend 100 buck to get one installed. I've gone thru 3 cars in my 20 years of life and my Accord will be mine until it dies. The best car I've ever been IN or Drivin.

Great Car.Nice performance.Good MPGs!

by Jake the car Enthusiast #25 from Park Forest, IL on Fri Mar 14 2014

This is my 25th car but my 2nd Honda. I have a 05 Pilot with 145k strong! The 05 accord (v-tec 4) 5speed is a beast for what it is, 0 to 60 in 9 sec! I love the handling & performance on the road it gets up and goes. Great gas mileage as well. Yes its a little over priced so make sure find one that is priced fairly. I bought mine with 153k on it and it was in great shape and still runs like new! Very reliable car! If you need a good pre-owned vehicle this is your best bet!

Long lasting

by Todd from Lincoln, NE on Thu Feb 01 2018

Very comfortable seating. Handles well and gets good mileage. Have done all the maintenance and currently has almost 300,000 miles.

Driving till the wheels fall off.

by tim from San Antonio, TX on Mon Dec 11 2017

Bought new with 11 mi on it, currently 311K - best buy i've made, still get 37 mpg on highway, it is a 5 speed manual transmission. 4 cylinder - so the power is not exactly overwhelming (can feel the engine getting loaded when i turn on the A/C), but this model has a timing chain, so I never had to change the belt and absorb the costs associated with it. The only major maintenance was a new clutch and master cylinder around 254K (the fork and cylinder went out at the same time), otherwise the cost of ownership as follows: Mobil1 fully synthetic oil every 5K, windshield wipers once a year, new tires every 80-90K and new spark plugs and coolant flush every 100K. I do all the maintenance myself because it is easy, bought breakups once at AutoZone, and now replace them for free every time they need to be changed with their lifetime warranty. The radio has been working on and off (seems like there is a short somewhere), and the window motors have quit in both rear doors, otherwise everything has been working perfectly.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 12

Our Take on the 2005 Honda Accord

Go figure.

Honda introduced the industry's first gas/electric car in December 1999. The tiny, two-seat Insight boasted more than 60 m.p.g. in city and highway mileage.

Though Honda pioneered the concept, Toyota has run with it. Its Prius, a four-door, four-seat sedan that gets better than 50 m.p.g. in city and highway driving is the best-selling hybrid.

The segment leader, however, isn't as important as the fact there is a segment, thanks to the credibility Toyota and Honda gave hybrids.

Before hybrids, the industry—at least, General Motors—saw electric cars as the answer to fuel-economy issues.

When limited driving range and lengthy pauses to recharge the batteries doomed electrics, Honda and... Read More