2005 Accord

2005 Honda Accord

2005 Honda Accord

Have You Driven the 2005 Honda Accord?

Can't beat a Honda!

by Chris from Chapel Hill, NC on Sat Jul 25 2009

I have owned this car since 12/04 and now have 70,000 miles on the car. Zero repairs. Just installed new tires, battery and brakes. That's it except for routine maintenance. The navigation system is excellent, much better than on my newer Mercedes. These cars are comfortable solid performers. Excellent power with the V6. Regular gas. Average 22 mpg in town and 28-30 on the highway. It is really hard to imagine that anyone NEEDS more car than this. Ride,handling and comfort are more than adequate. With reasonable care I can believe these cars are good for 200,000 miles or more.

Another rating by me after 5 years...

by tushbobo from Lagos,Nigeria on Sat Feb 08 2014

I bought my 05 Accord in 2009.I reviewed it on this site on January 28,2010... I gave the car a 4 star rating then but after 5 years of use,I am back to give it a 5 star rating. I have had no cause to replace anything in my accord.I do not give much attention to maintenance as I used to due to the nature of my current job but my Accord has never disappointed me.The interior quality is better than my brother's Toyota Lexus. The only issue is the space between the front seats and the gear/armrest area which makes items fall in and difficult to retrieve. This car still stands tall even beside more recent models of Honda and other cars.5 stars all the way!!

Honda Solid

by PV Guy in AZ from Prescott Valley, AZ on Mon Aug 05 2013

I traded my 2011 Subaru Legacy (aka: a piece of junk) for the 6-cylinder Accord with less than 49k miles. Compared to the Subaru that was built not to last the Honda is rock solid and feels bullit proof. I have owned several Hondas prior to this one and one cannot find a more reliable vehicle. Love the powerful engine, sporty feels (especially with the moon roof open), terrific stereo, frigid A/C, tight handling, large trunk, roomy in the back seat, numerous airbags, and key fob that opens all the windows at once. Wish the car got better MPG and had a USB connection, but that's the only improvements I can think of.

Driving till the wheels fall off.

by tim from San Antonio, TX on Mon Dec 11 2017

Bought new with 11 mi on it, currently 311K - best buy i've made, still get 37 mpg on highway, it is a 5 speed manual transmission. 4 cylinder - so the power is not exactly overwhelming (can feel the engine getting loaded when i turn on the A/C), but this model has a timing chain, so I never had to change the belt and absorb the costs associated with it. The only major maintenance was a new clutch and master cylinder around 254K (the fork and cylinder went out at the same time), otherwise the cost of ownership as follows: Mobil1 fully synthetic oil every 5K, windshield wipers once a year, new tires every 80-90K and new spark plugs and coolant flush every 100K. I do all the maintenance myself because it is easy, bought breakups once at AutoZone, and now replace them for free every time they need to be changed with their lifetime warranty. The radio has been working on and off (seems like there is a short somewhere), and the window motors have quit in both rear doors, otherwise everything has been working perfectly.

The Best Car You'll Ever Own.

by Status from Oregon on Tue May 27 2008

Great car, classy and reliable. I love this car. i cant wait to drive it every day. i get 29 mpg low which is great at 4.00 for gas. i love the look of this car sleek design, looks even better tinted. i have one complaint of this car which in its self deals with there is no AUX input, so your gonna have to spend 100 buck to get one installed. I've gone thru 3 cars in my 20 years of life and my Accord will be mine until it dies. The best car I've ever been IN or Drivin.

2005 honda accord

by michael magoo from kelowna bc on Wed Apr 05 2017

I have a honda accord with 310000 kms. Was perfectly reliable the entire 200000kms, I owned it except for the driver's window switch. It needed replacing. That's it. The transmission shifts as smooth today as it did new. I changed the oil faithfully on both engine and tranny...but they sure build great machines.

Most dependable car I have ever owned!!

by Mike from Bridgewater, NJ on Mon Nov 20 2017

From the day I bought it, the car has proved to be rock solid and dependable. Beside regular maintenance, I have spent spots $750 on repairs. The car has over 280,000 miles on it and still runs strong!!!

Love this car

by Honda lover from Milwaukee, WI on Wed Nov 07 2012

I bought a used 2005 Honda Accord EX 4cyl. sedan in 2005 with 10k miles on it. I wanted a super reliable car that still looks nice and drives well WITH decent gas mileage! I got it all with this car, plus the Honda certified warranty - never needed to use it but the peice of mind was there. 7 years and 70k miles later still have the car and still love it! Would recommend a Honda Accord to anyone looking! I am sad that I will need to upgrade to an SUV soon now that I have 2 kids. Highly recommend a new or used Accord!

Cherry 2005 Accord

by Dad from South Jersey on Sun Jun 02 2013

I found an excellent car on Cars.com for my son. Very reasonable price. Very good condition. My Honda dealer told us, "You foung a great car, boy!"

Most reliable car I have ever owned

by Honda for life from Hampton,Ga. on Mon Feb 25 2013

Bought the 2 door EX V-6 new and have never had to do anything to it except regular maintenance. I have never owned a car that has been this reliable. My next car will definitely be a Honda if this one ever wears out.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15

Our Take on the 2005 Honda Accord

Go figure.

Honda introduced the industry’s first gas/electric car in December 1999. The tiny, two-seat Insight boasted more than 60 m.p.g. in city and highway mileage.

Though Honda pioneered the concept, Toyota has run with it. Its Prius, a four-door, four-seat sedan that gets better than 50 m.p.g. in city and highway driving is the best-selling hybrid.

The segment leader, however, isn’t as important as the fact there is a segment, thanks to the credibility Toyota and Honda gave hybrids.

Before hybrids, the industry—at least, General Motors—saw electric cars as the answer to fuel-economy issues.

When limited driving range and lengthy pauses to recharge the batteries doomed electrics, Honda... Read More