2008 Honda Accord

Don't buy this first year model change care

by from St. Louis, MO on November 19, 2009

Just warning everyone not to buy the 2008 Accord. This is a new model year car and there are issues with the rear brakes. Honda designed the car with a new electronic brake distribution system that applys more pressure to the rear brakes during stopping. However, they didn't take this into account and the rear brakes prematurely wear. I had to replace the rear brakes on my 2008 Accord at 19K miles. Just Google this issue and you will find it is a design flaw.

Stylish and reliable

by from Asheville, NC on June 9, 2010

This is my second Accord. I bought the first one in 1997 and it still runs great! My only criticisms about the 2008 model is that it does not seem to have the same initial power when you are passing someone or need to speed up suddenly, even though the car has a lot more horsepower. I guess it's because it's so much heavier. The interior design is nice, but I feel that Honda has gone a little cheaper with some materials by using more hard plastics, etc. Excessive rooad noise is also a bit annoying. I have read several complaints about the premature brake wear in this model and this concerns me, but it hasn't happened yet. The car is very sophisticated looking and it also has a sporty look and feel. It handles beautifully! Lots of people have commented to me about what a nice car it is.

I love it!

by from Milwaukee, Wi on February 10, 2011

I traded in my 2001 BMW 7 series and I'm not looking back. This is a great car at a fair price. Plenty of power and very good handling plus great gas mileage. I love it.

2008 Honda Accord

by from Concord on April 9, 2010

I love my 2008 Honda Accord. But only problem is I had to replace its rear brakes every 20k miles. Honda should fix this issue.

Jury's still out, but verdict looks positive

by from Austin, TX on May 8, 2012

I bought my EX-L, 4-cyl. (auto) Honda in June 2011 used with 28K miles on it. Drove it the next day on a 3,300 mile trip to Montana and Wyoming. MPG range was 29.6 to 39.4 over flat and mountainous terrain. It is noisy in the cabin. I have pulled the OEM Michelin Pilots and replaced them with Bridgestone Turanza Serenity (225/50R-17) Next, I installed HushMat insulation and sound-proofing in all four doors. Now, it's quiet. I have had no brake problems, interior problems, or other problems. Will hit the road for another 3-4K trip next month. At 37K on it, it runs well. Oh, BTW, the dealer told me I could go 10,000 miles on an oil change. That is BS. I'll still change at 3 to 4K. $48 per change is cheap insurance to keep the engine from dying before 100K. My last Accord had 203K with little loss of compression. Will post an update later this year on performance.

Replace rear brake

by from North Providence RI on August 26, 2009

If you want to replace rear brake pads every 18000 miles buy this car if not I would recommend a Camry SE.

5th hondaaccord exl v-6

by from Rock Hill,S.C. on August 29, 2012

have had nothing but pleasure, and reliable response from my accord when i think i found 1 to keep the new style emerges with many user friendly features, and the ride is always exciting and fun and attention to detail is another strong suit for the auto maker, most honda drivers that venture away always seem to find their way back either thru a new purchase for themselves or a family member, thanks Honda for being one of if not the best feature and benefit automaker around

08 Honda Accord EX-L

by from Shermans Dale, PA on January 16, 2012

I have been driving for 35 years and this is my first time owning an import. Very impressed with the quality of fit and finish. Very high quality in workmanship. I think all makes are lacking in what they could produce in fuel effeciency, but the nearly 26 mpg is acceptable and no worse than any other manufacture for this size vehicle.

trustfull maker

by from nothern NJ on April 16, 2012

just perfect overall. I am using this Accord for 4 years now and so far haven't see any disadvantages or fails. Reccomend the brand

dont buy this car

by from Rock Spring ga on August 28, 2009

I have the 2008 Accord and it now has 40000 miles on it and is on it's 3rd set of back brakes. The Honda Corp will not admit there is a problem but this is so not normal. Thinks twice and read about the complaints on the internet before you buy.

Our Expert Review: 2008 Honda Accord