2008 Accord

4.2 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.3 out of 5 starsReliability

Stylish and reliable

by JCat from Asheville, NC on June 9, 2010

This is my second Accord. I bought the first one in 1997 and it still runs great! My only criticisms about the 2008 model is that it does not seem to have the same initial power when you are passing someone or need to speed up suddenly, even though the car has a lot more horsepower. I guess it's because it's so much heavier. The interior design is nice, but I feel that Honda has gone a little cheaper with some materials by using more hard plastics, etc. Excessive rooad noise is also a bit annoying. I have read several complaints about the premature brake wear in this model and this concerns me, but it hasn't happened yet. The car is very sophisticated looking and it also has a sporty look and feel. It handles beautifully! Lots of people have commented to me about what a nice car it is.

by David from Concord on April 9, 2010

I love my 2008 Honda Accord. But only problem is I had to replace its rear brakes every 20k miles. Honda should fix this issue.

Don't buy this car - 2008 4 cylinder v-tec

by Steve O from Albany, NY on July 17, 2015

This is my 5th and last Honda - I will ever purchase. Bought new - started using oil after the first year - Honda said that was the spec for this vehicle, 1 quart every 750-1000 miles. I have never had this with any of my other Honda's. Just broke down and found out the Timing chain went due to the oil consumption issue. Honda issued a recal - but alas, only good up to 125k miles. So now we are out $1400 timing chain, they will fix the oil issue if we split the cost - another $1400. Good by Honda motor company. You have just lost this Honda family. Too bad cause I love this car - comfort - look - style -

Does not recommend this car!!

Jury's still out, but verdict looks positive

by Retired guy from Austin, TX on May 8, 2012

I bought my EX-L, 4-cyl. (auto) Honda in June 2011 used with 28K miles on it. Drove it the next day on a 3,300 mile trip to Montana and Wyoming. MPG range was 29.6 to 39.4 over flat and mountainous terrain. It is noisy in the cabin. I have pulled the OEM Michelin Pilots and replaced them with Bridgestone Turanza Serenity (225/50R-17) Next, I installed HushMat insulation and sound-proofing in all four doors. Now, it's quiet. I have had no brake problems, interior problems, or other problems. Will hit the road for another 3-4K trip next month. At 37K on it, it runs well. Oh, BTW, the dealer told me I could go 10,000 miles on an oil change. That is BS. I'll still change at 3 to 4K. $48 per change is cheap insurance to keep the engine from dying before 100K. My last Accord had 203K with little loss of compression. Will post an update later this year on performance.

5th hondaaccord exl v-6

by chis from Rock Hill,S.C. on August 29, 2012

have had nothing but pleasure, and reliable response from my accord when i think i found 1 to keep the new style emerges with many user friendly features, and the ride is always exciting and fun and attention to detail is another strong suit for the auto maker, most honda drivers that venture away always seem to find their way back either thru a new purchase for themselves or a family member, thanks Honda for being one of if not the best feature and benefit automaker around

Honda Fan

by Honda Fan from on August 18, 2009

Both I and my husband have driven Hondas for most of our lives. Historically, they have been VERY reliable. I recently switched from a Nissan to a Honda and I am a bit sorry I did. The rear brakes had to be done at 17,000 miles! My father owns an american car and had his first break job at 50,000 miles. My driving is not that unusual. I believe there is a problem with the Honda breaks and they should look into it.

Replace rear brake

by Brian from NP from North Providence RI on August 26, 2009

If you want to replace rear brake pads every 18000 miles buy this car if not I would recommend a Camry SE.

Great looking car

by 1861190 from Port Ludlow WA on December 7, 2012

I bought a 2008 Accord Coupe with 33,000 miles on it.4 cyl.l auto EX. The rear brakes had been adjusted per the recall. Have only put about 1000 miles on the car to date but it handles well, is well appointed and reasonably economical . It is after all a Honda (we have owned seven Hondas ) so we expect reliability and long service.

Rear break pads

by Donz from Hammonton NJ on February 9, 2009

Rear break failure from 15000 to 25000 miles. This is unheard of you need to replace your rear break pads every 3 oil changes. Honda needs to stand behind there cars and come up with a fix fast. There is know way they did not know of this problem.

2008 Honda Accord EX

by Owner of 6th Honda from Scranton, PA on March 30, 2016

Oil burning a little problem (95,000 miles). Still drives like new! One of the best used cars I've owned.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 27