Read or write a review.

Change Year
4.0
Average based on 162 reviews

Don't buy this first year model change care

by from St. Louis, MO on November 19, 2009

Just warning everyone not to buy the 2008 Accord. This is a new model year car and there are issues with the rear brakes. Honda designed the car with a new electronic brake distribution system that applys more pressure to the rear brakes during stopping. However, they didn't take this into account and the rear brakes prematurely wear. I had to replace the rear brakes on my 2008 Accord at 19K miles. Just Google this issue and you will find it is a design flaw.

Stylish and reliable

by from Asheville, NC on June 9, 2010

This is my second Accord. I bought the first one in 1997 and it still runs great! My only criticisms about the 2008 model is that it does not seem to have the same initial power when you are passing someone or need to speed up suddenly, even though the car has a lot more horsepower. I guess it's because it's so much heavier. The interior design is nice, but I feel that Honda has gone a little cheaper with some materials by using more hard plastics, etc. Excessive rooad noise is also a bit annoying. I have read several complaints about the premature brake wear in this model and this concerns me, but it hasn't happened yet. The car is very sophisticated looking and it also has a sporty look and feel. It handles beautifully! Lots of people have commented to me about what a nice car it is.

2008 Accord

by from on April 29, 2010

I bought this car in 2008 and loved the car but traded it in when I seen a better Deal at the Acura Dealership for a fully loaded and used 2007 Acura TSX with Navi. Everything about the car was good, I bought the EX which had the 197hp which had great performance. I did have some issues with the rear brake pads which I changed at 15k. I brought the car to the dealership and said it would cost me $375 dollar. I said no and went to my local auto performance store and upgraded to ceramic brakes and never looked back since. Interior quality was OK but could use little more styling. The electronics in the car were top notch, I give credit to the 6 disc CD change and MP3 player with Aux very great. The exterior is ok little bulky but has some great styling. It was a great car and I will buy another one but not new but used. I suggest anyone who is having an issue with the brake pads to upgrade to ceramic

Not happy

by from Hamden, CT on October 28, 2008

I purchased my 2008 Accord EX-L with Navi in October 2007. Well, where shall I start. First and foremost, I have already had to replace the rear brakes (at 23k miles). The dealers says its a wear item (even though the fronts were perfect!). So much for customer retention. Next my heat doesn't work properly as, the AC compressor turns on when the heat should be blowing. Dealer cant seem to find the problem. Navi needs to be updated, dealer never informed my that I need to update it annually to the tune of aprox $190.00. Meanwhile, my friends who brough removable after market Navis at Best Buy can update their's for FREE by downloading updates off of their computor. Have owned 3 Hondas and 1 Acura over the past 18 years. My current Honda is THE WORST!!

Jury's still out, but verdict looks positive

by from Austin, TX on May 8, 2012

I bought my EX-L, 4-cyl. (auto) Honda in June 2011 used with 28K miles on it. Drove it the next day on a 3,300 mile trip to Montana and Wyoming. MPG range was 29.6 to 39.4 over flat and mountainous terrain. It is noisy in the cabin. I have pulled the OEM Michelin Pilots and replaced them with Bridgestone Turanza Serenity (225/50R-17) Next, I installed HushMat insulation and sound-proofing in all four doors. Now, it's quiet. I have had no brake problems, interior problems, or other problems. Will hit the road for another 3-4K trip next month. At 37K on it, it runs well. Oh, BTW, the dealer told me I could go 10,000 miles on an oil change. That is BS. I'll still change at 3 to 4K. $48 per change is cheap insurance to keep the engine from dying before 100K. My last Accord had 203K with little loss of compression. Will post an update later this year on performance.

I love it!

by from Milwaukee, Wi on February 10, 2011

I traded in my 2001 BMW 7 series and I'm not looking back. This is a great car at a fair price. Plenty of power and very good handling plus great gas mileage. I love it.

by from Concord on April 9, 2010

I love my 2008 Honda Accord. But only problem is I had to replace its rear brakes every 20k miles. Honda should fix this issue.

Replace rear brake

by from North Providence RI on August 26, 2009

If you want to replace rear brake pads every 18000 miles buy this car if not I would recommend a Camry SE.

08 Honda Accord EX-L

by from Shermans Dale, PA on January 16, 2012

I have been driving for 35 years and this is my first time owning an import. Very impressed with the quality of fit and finish. Very high quality in workmanship. I think all makes are lacking in what they could produce in fuel effeciency, but the nearly 26 mpg is acceptable and no worse than any other manufacture for this size vehicle.

trustfull maker

by from nothern NJ on April 16, 2012

just perfect overall. I am using this Accord for 4 years now and so far haven't see any disadvantages or fails. Reccomend the brand

Our Expert Review: 2008 Honda Accord