2008 Accord

4.3

Have You Driven the 2008 Honda Accord?

Stylish and reliable

by JCat from Asheville, NC on Wed Jun 09 2010

This is my second Accord. I bought the first one in 1997 and it still runs great! My only criticisms about the 2008 model is that it does not seem to have the same initial power when you are passing someone or need to speed up suddenly, even though the car has a lot more horsepower. I guess it's because it's so much heavier. The interior design is nice, but I feel that Honda has gone a little cheaper with some materials by using more hard plastics, etc. Excessive rooad noise is also a bit annoying. I have read several complaints about the premature brake wear in this model and this concerns me, but it hasn't happened yet. The car is very sophisticated looking and it also has a sporty look and feel. It handles beautifully! Lots of people have commented to me about what a nice car it is.

by David from Concord on Fri Apr 09 2010

I love my 2008 Honda Accord. But only problem is I had to replace its rear brakes every 20k miles. Honda should fix this issue.

Does not recommend this car!!

Jury's still out, but verdict looks positive

by Retired guy from Austin, TX on Tue May 08 2012

I bought my EX-L, 4-cyl. (auto) Honda in June 2011 used with 28K miles on it. Drove it the next day on a 3,300 mile trip to Montana and Wyoming. MPG range was 29.6 to 39.4 over flat and mountainous terrain. It is noisy in the cabin. I have pulled the OEM Michelin Pilots and replaced them with Bridgestone Turanza Serenity (225/50R-17) Next, I installed HushMat insulation and sound-proofing in all four doors. Now, it's quiet. I have had no brake problems, interior problems, or other problems. Will hit the road for another 3-4K trip next month. At 37K on it, it runs well. Oh, BTW, the dealer told me I could go 10,000 miles on an oil change. That is BS. I'll still change at 3 to 4K. $48 per change is cheap insurance to keep the engine from dying before 100K. My last Accord had 203K with little loss of compression. Will post an update later this year on performance.

5th hondaaccord exl v-6

by chis from Rock Hill,S.C. on Wed Aug 29 2012

have had nothing but pleasure, and reliable response from my accord when i think i found 1 to keep the new style emerges with many user friendly features, and the ride is always exciting and fun and attention to detail is another strong suit for the auto maker, most honda drivers that venture away always seem to find their way back either thru a new purchase for themselves or a family member, thanks Honda for being one of if not the best feature and benefit automaker around

Honda Fan

by Honda Fan from on Tue Aug 18 2009

Both I and my husband have driven Hondas for most of our lives. Historically, they have been VERY reliable. I recently switched from a Nissan to a Honda and I am a bit sorry I did. The rear brakes had to be done at 17,000 miles! My father owns an american car and had his first break job at 50,000 miles. My driving is not that unusual. I believe there is a problem with the Honda breaks and they should look into it.

Replace rear brake

by Brian from NP from North Providence RI on Wed Aug 26 2009

If you want to replace rear brake pads every 18000 miles buy this car if not I would recommend a Camry SE.

Great looking car

by 1861190 from Port Ludlow WA on Fri Dec 07 2012

I bought a 2008 Accord Coupe with 33,000 miles on it.4 cyl.l auto EX. The rear brakes had been adjusted per the recall. Have only put about 1000 miles on the car to date but it handles well, is well appointed and reasonably economical . It is after all a Honda (we have owned seven Hondas ) so we expect reliability and long service.

Rear break pads

by Donz from Hammonton NJ on Mon Feb 09 2009

Rear break failure from 15000 to 25000 miles. This is unheard of you need to replace your rear break pads every 3 oil changes. Honda needs to stand behind there cars and come up with a fix fast. There is know way they did not know of this problem.

Does not recommend this car!!

Engine oil consumption problem not solved by hond

by Joselito86 from Yonkers, New YOrk on Sun Aug 28 2016

Overall the vehicle drives fine kinda comfortable corners good. Tinny sounding over roughy roads and loud noise from the c pillar area, a friend from Honda fixed with a piece of paper folded. My major concern with this vehicle is the oil consumption, I've owned this vehicle for over a year no and every oil change I have to add at least 5-6 quarts of oil. I've taken to a Honda dealer that mentioned about an 8 year warranty extension for this concern with 125,000 miles. Problem is I'm over 125,000 miles and it's over 8 years from delivery date so now I'm stuck with a car that burns 5-6 quarts every oil change and eventually I'm going to need new engine, catalyst converter due to all the oil that's being burnt and a new oxygen sensor. Honda is not willing to fix my issue so be aware, make sure your Honda Accord is not having that issue

2008 Honda Accord EX

by Owner of 6th Honda from Scranton, PA on Wed Mar 30 2016

Oil burning a little problem (95,000 miles). Still drives like new! One of the best used cars I've owned.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 28

Our Take on the 2008 Honda Accord

As the second-best-selling car in the U.S., Honda's Accord promises to be one of the most significant introductions of the 2008 model year. In typical Honda style, the automaker is letting the product do the talking, foregoing a formal auto show introduction before the Accord hits dealerships in September. Honda's best-selling model gets an extensive redesign that includes all-new styling inside and out, a spacious rear seat for the sedan, more standard safety features and more-powerful engines, including an optional V-6 with advanced fuel-saving technology.

The finished product is a sport-oriented car that is better than its predecessor — a model that was already near the top... Read More