2002 Honda Civic consumer reviews

$12,810–$13,860 MSRP range
side view of 2002 Civic Honda
Explore the 2002 Honda Civic

I had my Honda Civic since 2002 n have no issue

Economical dependable n easy to drive I’m very happy with my Honda Civic to say the least. We go along way. My car feels like a best friend, I talk to my car lol

Most Reliable Car I've EVER Owned!!

In March of 2013 I paid $2,000 cash for a used Honda Civic EX 2002. It had 160,000 miles on it. In Jan 2015 the engine had to be replaced (cracked block) which cost me $1600. I still drive this car and besides the engine I have had zero other repairs worth mention in the 6.5 years I've owned it. It now has 302,000 miles and I have had to do routine maintenance and basic stuff like replacing the battery, cap on the radiator reservoir, cleaning out the AC system, and motor mounts. That's it. The hood latch broke at one point but I had a friend weld that and it works fine. This car seems like it will go forever. I drive a ton and I've never owned a more reliable car!

4.4

By far the best car ever.

This car was used by ny kids to go to school--it never left them in behind or stalled. Very reliable. Love Love Love Hondas!! The 2002 Civic was made like a tank.

4.0

Great until 130000 miles, then falls apart.

Not at all like my 89 Honda, which I still have. This 02 civic was great until 130000 miles, then needed so much costly repairs of major components. Headgasket, Transmission, Suspension, Power lock, Power window, CV joint, engine mounts, multiple airbag recall, seat belts... endless major repairs.

4.0

Reliable Car with low miles

I bought this car new in 2001 and it has been my primary car for 18 years. I hate to get rid of it but i rarely drive it and i don't want to abandon it in the garage. I think with the right home this car could last someone another 10+ years.

4.4

Best car I ever owned

Civic is a great little car that looks good and is very reliable. I have 178567 miles on it with no problems except for a battery every 4 years and tires.Honda service only. Love all things Honda.

1.0

Hidden problem

This 2002 Honda Civic was one I purchased used, so use that as a caveat. When I drove it, the car sounded fine, drove well and had no issues. Two days after purchase the car began jerking and the vehicle could not be placed into any gear after I stopped. The gear selector moved appropriately but there was absolutely no movement in the transmission, rendering the car useless. I have now heard from several owners that this is fairly common after 100,000 miles.

Very reliable car

I previously owned a 2002 Honda Civic and just recently traded it in. I had mine 11 years and there?s not a bad thing I could say about it. It got me through 11 snowy Spokane winters (with no snow tires) and driving across the state several times and never once broke down or left me stranded. It got amazing gas mileage as well. It may have been an older car, but she was sure pretty after the car wash.

3.7

It was a good little car

The car was good on gas albeit a a little lightweight I used to constantly get stopped by the police and couldn't figure it out as I never got a ticlet until someone brought it to my attention that all the young punks drive Civics. Then I started to notice how accurate that was. Once I got the Honda Accord I never got stopped again (really)

Hard to go wrong with a Honda

Check it out for yourself! This well-cared-for Honda Civic is Top-Rated in safety, fuel-efficiency, reliability, and satisfaction. It's the perfect car for your college student, or anybody who wants peace of mind getting from A to B comfortably. Features upgraded radio/CD/USB player with equalizer, 1/8th inch jack, and remote control. Detailed to a high polish, this car is ready to drive! -Fresh oil and oil filter change -All fluids topped off, including A/C refrigerant -Tires inflated to spec -New valve cover gasket 2002 civic EX customer ratings; KBB 8.8/10 Edmunds 4.4/5 Cars.com 4.5/5 MPG: 31 city / 38 highway Horsepower: 127 hp @ 6,300 rpm Engine: 1.7 L 4-cylinder Tire size: P185/65R15 It has had only