2005 Element

2005 Honda Element

2005 Honda Element

Have You Driven the 2005 Honda Element?

Most practical car ever!

by Bob from San Jose, CA on Thu Jul 08 2010

I have been wanting a new car for a while but can't seem to find a good enough reason to get rid of my Element. This car is 5 yrs old now and still is in perfect condition. Never had any problems. I'm a dog owner and have tons of neices and nephews to tote around. It is very kid, dog, and road trip friendly. I often hose out the car after a trip to the beach or camping. I take out the seats when I need to move or haul stuff. I fold down the seats when I have tons of bags to bring home after a long day of shopping. The suicide doors are awesome for loading and unloading........unless you are in a tight parking spot, then they're a pain. Its one of the only small SUV's that has a trunk that has a glass top opening as well as bottom (most have a raise gate). I LOVE that. The vinyl seats a great compromise between leather and cloth. Its a great car...if I get another one, it will be an addition, not a replacement.

always on the go

by mom of 2 from cheyenne, WY on Sat Jul 02 2011

I bought my 2005 element used in january 2010 when I bought it it had 212,000 miles on it since then I have put 18,000 miles on it, other than regular maitnence I have not had any problems. I have two girls 5 and 2 and we are always on the go doing something.The suicide doors are a huge time saver i put both in at one time. the plastic flooring is great i dont have to worrie about stains if they spill somethin I just wipe it up. The look is interesting I was hesitent at first but now I love it I'm a young mom its a perfect mommy vehicle, just wish it didnt have the gray plastic quarter pannels. over all donot regret buying it.

Awesome vehicle

by Spam from on Sun Apr 05 2009

Not exactly the way I would want to review my Element. First new car I have ever owned. My husband rolled it twice. Other then every part on the outside of the car being damaged...it was perfect inside, no crushed top, nothing. No injuries to my husband. Totaled my element :( Even more sad...the new ones get less MPG so they are out of the picture for me. It has only been two weeks and I miss it every day.

Rock Solid reliability and SO FUNCTIONAL!

by amawalkbw from Amawalk, NY on Sun Jul 07 2013

Bought this car new and after 80k miles it still drives great and has had no mech issues whatsoever. The cruise control is very smooth and the space to haul stuff is so flexible and spacious for the size of this car is boggles the mind. Great for taller people, I'm 6-3 and still have 4 inches of head clearance sitting in the drivers seat. One word of caution is that the rear seats are higher (known as stadium seating) so I have to recline the seats some so my head doesn't hit. Room inside for people sitting both leg room and width wise is wonderful. The all plastic floor is easy to clean as well. Minor flaws to point out is that the intermittent wiper does not have a variable control (and i have the higher end EX model) and I don't have a good sense of depth when backing up into a spot or parallel parking (given the carvernous feel of the interior throws you off. Hands down the best car I've ever owned over 40 years of driving.

Great little job car

by rrodes from Bowling Green Kentucky on Mon Jan 17 2011

Just bought a used 2005 Element and really love it. I use it in my business for handyman repairs, small jobs, etc. Gas mileage runs about 22mpg, not bad, comfort is ok, handles great, turns are quick, parking easy, loads easily, the side doors and the clam shell doors on the back are very good. Looking to buy another one for personal. Everyone loves this car and it attracts a lot of attention for my business. I put Yakima racks on the top for ladders and a bug sheild on the hood. Great car. And this on has 132,000 miles when bought.

Love my "Toaster on Wheels"

by coomsy from Louisville, KY on Wed Aug 31 2011

It's fun to drive -- turns on a dime! It's the most unique auto out there! You can flip the rear seats up or completely remove them to have a spacious box interior. If you need to load something tall, just open the surf-board roof and there you go! Plus, the front seats can lean back to create a double bed. So much fun!

Best car ever made

by InmyElement from on Tue Dec 13 2011

I have had this car for my construction business for 9 years now hauling 2x4s stacked to ceiling, drywall hanging off back, 30 5gallons of paint packed in, trailer weights well over 1500lbs, ladders stacked... This 4 cylinder is awesome! Best vehicle ever made in my book for the price. Maintenance has been minimal other than upgrading to higher end shock & springs to handle weight capacity Triple A rating in my book. Mine has 140,000 miles and still kicking hard! Other than multiple broken windshields, this car ROCKS!!!!!!

Practical and versatile

by SUV lover from Ioa on Thu Oct 07 2010

My daughter owns an Element and I love it! It is better than my new Toyota Rav4. It rides nicely and she loves how easy it is to clean out, because she takes her dogs to the beach a lot.

A most flexible box

by Lars the Forthright from Clarkston, MI on Wed Mar 28 2012

123k miles and still going strong. EX model. 21-22 mpg. Green. Interior is everything advertised for flexibility. I have fit 4 bikes inside, washers, dryers, snowthrowers, dogs in created, a 1/2 face cord of wood and all my camping gear for a weekend, camped in it, hauled light trailers, hauled 600# of corn in it, and had it out for hunting expeditions. Only seats four so get over that before you look. Power is okay from a performance level, but could have used more for acceleration when loaded with gear. It's seen years of dirt roads and have had to change the rear links and bushings, but it has been reliable. AWD system is wonderful in the winter and will be my son's car to drive when he gets his permit. I'll woory less when he's on the road in the winter. Interior clean up requires bottle of windex, one warm wet towel, one dry towel. All plastic interior and urethane floors are kid friendly. No funky carpet stains and smells from the mystery substance spilt in the back seat. Kid's love the rear sun roof and it helps headroom. This SUV defies physics as everyone that I've had in it says it feels bigger when you are sitting in it rather than looking at it. Good view (except when rears seats are stowed folded to the side walls. Seats are comfortable, water proof, and the radio sounds great. It's a box, so there is a little more windnoise than a car. It's a shame Honda discontinued this model rather than revise it. I would have loved to see it as a hybrid with the Civic or Accord powertrain, or a Diesel, and about 10" longer with back seats redesigned for 5 (they could have done it). Get one. I'll probably pick up another on the used market for my other child when time comes.

A all around great car for many activities

by Practical auto lover from Tampa Bay on Sun Sep 02 2012

I have owned for three months and not only have I cut my gas bill in half but I can bike, tow a boat, hunt and haul music gear not to mention a true one man camper.....love it . Very sad they dont make them anymore and for this I say "boooooooo " to Honda.

1 2 3 4 5