NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2016 Tucson

2016 Hyundai Tucson

2016 Hyundai Tucson

4.5

Have You Driven the 2016 Hyundai Tucson?

Car is literally AMAZING.

by Asphalt8ficionado from Leola, PA on Mon Apr 16 2018

Okay... get ready for the longest review ever (not really). I got this car as my 18th birthday present, and luckily I got the top Limited model (but lacked the Ultimate Package), and let me tell you. It is a blast to drive and is a smooth and comfortable car when driven leisurely. You can't really say that about compact SUVs. Despite it's sloping roofline, I have PLENTY of head and legroom, even with me being six-two. The powertrain is great, and the Turbo is FAST. Compared to a 2014 Ford Escape (with the 1.6L EcoBoost (my mother drives this car)), the Tucson will get up and will GO. I had to dock the powertrain for only one reason, and that is the transmission. I generally don't experience this, but it will sometimes lightly jerk or hesitate to get going. I think this is a normal occurrence among new cars with super-techy transmissions (Ford Escape), but it is almost unnoticeable. Despite that, the transmission is quick to shift, drives nicely, and is pretty well relaxed and refined. Even in ECO mode, I can press the gas and it won't hesitate AT ALL and it will move. I love the design of the car, as it looks like an evolution to the third-gen Ford Escape that ditched the box shape that plagued the Escape for the first and second-generation cars. It looks dynamic, aggressive, but head-turning and luxurious. Most of all, the technology and safety is impressive. I love that I can just walk up to the hatch and stand there for a few seconds and the trunk will open. It's really awesome. I liked Ford's idea about the foot motion tailgate, but Hyundai's system is (to me) a lot easier to use and (personally) safer. I also wished Hyundai would add emergency braking to other models other than the Limited trim with the Ultimate Package. But, at least you do get nice safety features on the Limited trim. It comes with Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Blind Spot Information System, Lane Change Assist (tells you a car is in your blind spot when the corresponding turn signal is activated), and Lane Keep Assist (I haven't tested this yet, and hopefully I don't have to). I don't have to worry about my car leaving me stranded on the side of the road, as the powertrain comes with a 10 YEAR or 100,000 MILE LIMITED WARRANTY. That means if my engine goes bad, or the transmission blows, it will be covered for 10 years or 100k miles. That is a real piece of mind considering how techy this SUV is, and it tells you how much Hyundai cares about reliability. Overall, Hyundai stepped up it's game with the new Tucson. They've been on a BURNING streak lately, and the Tucson is one of the best offerings that Hyundai has ever produced. There's no doubt that I will give this car anything lower than five stars.

Happy with New Tuscon

by Realtor needed reliable car from West coast of Florida on Mon Jan 18 2016

I love my new Tuscon and am very happy with all the features such as Blue Link, Navigation and the back up camera. This makes my ease of work as a Real Estate Agent so much easier. The Tuscon looks very first class and my clients are very impressed with it. It's much more comfortable for them than my old Mercedes for my clients to ride in. I am very pleased with my purchase!

Saves me $20/week in gas

by DMCS from Seekonk MA on Tue Mar 07 2017

Downsized from a Santa Fe for the gas savings and I am quite happy. It's got stamina for my long commute, is comfortable and looks good.

Best looking SUV on the market

by Retired Car Nut from Flagler Beach, Florida on Tue Sep 01 2015

Leased a 2016 Tucson Limited with the Ultimate package. This is everything I expected after seeing it at the NYC auto show. Gas mileage is exceptional (34mpg) combined. The 19in wheels makes it look very sporty. Has plenty of power for everyday driving while experiencing exceptional economy for an SUV. The 1.6L turbo combined with the 7 speed automatic transmission works flawlessly. So much technology in a reasonably priced SUV.

I would not change a thing

by Kris from on Sat Apr 29 2017

If I were a designer I would have created the Tucson! 100% matching my needs and expectations. From look to technology everything is just perfect. Since I first saw it there was not an issue about other cars. I was not thinking if I wanted it, only when I will have got it! Now I have it and enjoy. I strongly and honestly would reccomend the Tucson to a friend!

Great to be in a reliable vehicle.

by Mary from Hamilton on Sat Jan 26 2019

Smaller but still gives me the comfort of driving an SUV type vehicle. Plenty of rear space for groceries or luggage. Dashboard and steering wheel controls are easily accessible.

Would recommend this car

by Betty from Verona on Wed Feb 13 2019

Was everything I wanted in a car. The styling and handling are what I expected. Has been very reliable from the first day I owned it

Really fun to drive car.

by SweetKathleen73 from Lothian,Maryland on Sat Jun 23 2018

Very stylish, comfortable car. Lots of bells & whistles. Love the color & all of Hyundai’s rewards. A car with great value that didn’t break the bank.

6 speed shifytronic Transmission

by HC Labrock from SARASOTA, FL on Fri Jul 19 2019

i have a serious problem with the 6 speed transmission, similar to other owner complaints. While standing still the car "bucks" similar to being hit in the rear. Sometimes the car hesitates when accelerating. This is dangerous going thru interections

Does not recommend this car!!

Tucson good, transmission maybe not so much

by Tom from PAPILLION on Sat Jul 20 2019

Great mid size SUV, turbo 4, LTD with a lot of bells & whistles that work fine. Transmission issues on this year vehicle still keep me from a great rating, even tho the warranty runs to 100,000 miles.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Our Take on the 2016 Hyundai Tucson

The 2016 Hyundai Tucson is a comfortable, stylish and quiet vehicle that's sure to excite shoppers and make segment rivals more than a bit nervous.

Compact SUVs are hot, but Hyundai's entry has historically left many shoppers cold. The 2015 Tucson SUV didn't compete in the most recent Cars.com $28,000 Compact SUV Challenge, but if it had, its loud, rough ride would have earned it a spot among the losers. A redesign for 2016 adds some much-needed ride refinement.

Changes include more dramatic styling, a new turbocharged engine option that’s potent and efficient, additional cargo room, and a host of new safety and convenience features. Compare the 2015 and 2016 models here.

The... Read More