2016 Tucson

2016 Hyundai Tucson

2016 Hyundai Tucson

4.5

Have You Driven the 2016 Hyundai Tucson?

Car is literally AMAZING.

by Asphalt8ficionado from Leola, PA on Mon Apr 16 2018

Okay... get ready for the longest review ever (not really). I got this car as my 18th birthday present, and luckily I got the top Limited model (but lacked the Ultimate Package), and let me tell you. It is a blast to drive and is a smooth and comfortable car when driven leisurely. You can't really say that about compact SUVs. Despite it's sloping roofline, I have PLENTY of head and legroom, even with me being six-two. The powertrain is great, and the Turbo is FAST. Compared to a 2014 Ford Escape (with the 1.6L EcoBoost (my mother drives this car)), the Tucson will get up and will GO. I had to dock the powertrain for only one reason, and that is the transmission. I generally don't experience this, but it will sometimes lightly jerk or hesitate to get going. I think this is a normal occurrence among new cars with super-techy transmissions (Ford Escape), but it is almost unnoticeable. Despite that, the transmission is quick to shift, drives nicely, and is pretty well relaxed and refined. Even in ECO mode, I can press the gas and it won't hesitate AT ALL and it will move. I love the design of the car, as it looks like an evolution to the third-gen Ford Escape that ditched the box shape that plagued the Escape for the first and second-generation cars. It looks dynamic, aggressive, but head-turning and luxurious. Most of all, the technology and safety is impressive. I love that I can just walk up to the hatch and stand there for a few seconds and the trunk will open. It's really awesome. I liked Ford's idea about the foot motion tailgate, but Hyundai's system is (to me) a lot easier to use and (personally) safer. I also wished Hyundai would add emergency braking to other models other than the Limited trim with the Ultimate Package. But, at least you do get nice safety features on the Limited trim. It comes with Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Blind Spot Information System, Lane Change Assist (tells you a car is in your blind spot when the corresponding turn signal is activated), and Lane Keep Assist (I haven't tested this yet, and hopefully I don't have to). I don't have to worry about my car leaving me stranded on the side of the road, as the powertrain comes with a 10 YEAR or 100,000 MILE LIMITED WARRANTY. That means if my engine goes bad, or the transmission blows, it will be covered for 10 years or 100k miles. That is a real piece of mind considering how techy this SUV is, and it tells you how much Hyundai cares about reliability. Overall, Hyundai stepped up it's game with the new Tucson. They've been on a BURNING streak lately, and the Tucson is one of the best offerings that Hyundai has ever produced. There's no doubt that I will give this car anything lower than five stars.

Best looking SUV on the market

by Retired Car Nut from Flagler Beach, Florida on Tue Sep 01 2015

Leased a 2016 Tucson Limited with the Ultimate package. This is everything I expected after seeing it at the NYC auto show. Gas mileage is exceptional (34mpg) combined. The 19in wheels makes it look very sporty. Has plenty of power for everyday driving while experiencing exceptional economy for an SUV. The 1.6L turbo combined with the 7 speed automatic transmission works flawlessly. So much technology in a reasonably priced SUV.

Happy with New Tuscon

by Realtor needed reliable car from West coast of Florida on Mon Jan 18 2016

I love my new Tuscon and am very happy with all the features such as Blue Link, Navigation and the back up camera. This makes my ease of work as a Real Estate Agent so much easier. The Tuscon looks very first class and my clients are very impressed with it. It's much more comfortable for them than my old Mercedes for my clients to ride in. I am very pleased with my purchase!

I would not change a thing

by Kris from on Sat Apr 29 2017

If I were a designer I would have created the Tucson! 100% matching my needs and expectations. From look to technology everything is just perfect. Since I first saw it there was not an issue about other cars. I was not thinking if I wanted it, only when I will have got it! Now I have it and enjoy. I strongly and honestly would reccomend the Tucson to a friend!

Saves me $20/week in gas

by DMCS from Seekonk MA on Tue Mar 07 2017

Downsized from a Santa Fe for the gas savings and I am quite happy. It's got stamina for my long commute, is comfortable and looks good.

easy to by AT FREEHOLD HYUNDAI

by SUV from freehold N.J. on Sun Mar 20 2016

i delt with THOMAS Bastidas AT FREEHOLD HYUNDAI HE MADE THE THE SALES GO VERY EASY, OUT OF THERE VERY FAST

This is the best car I have owned

by liked from scarbrough, on, canada on Wed Jul 25 2018

This is a great and best car. The only problem I have is that all the hard plastic keeps falling without being hit or anything. When taken to the dealer. They do not budge thus have the change to keep the car looking great. Every part when coming to changing cost arm and leg.

Best Combo of Style, Comfort, and Fuel Economy

by Stephen from West Palm Beach, FL on Sat Mar 25 2017

I love my 2016 Hyundai Tucson Limited. The styling, in my opinion, is best in class. It definitely stands out in the parking lot in a good way. The driving experience is so smooth. The turbo engine is surprisingly powerful, and passing is not an issue, especially when driving in sport mode. The controls and navigation system are so easy to use. The safety features like cross traffic alert and lane change assist have saved me many times already. The power liftgate is so convenient, just walk up to the back of the car with the keys in your pocket, and in seconds it lifts on its own. I have not experienced a single mechanical issue or rattle. Just a wonderful experience every time I go for a drive.

Love At First Drive

by Hyundai Fan from Lake Royale (Louisburg) NC on Wed Oct 28 2015

We just purchased a 2015 Tucson ECO with the 1.6 turbo. All I can say is wow! This could be the ultimate Hyundai. Styling, room, performance and gas mileage that exceeds by a lot the sticker ratings. It is our fifth Hyundai and we traded a 2012 Santa Fe with 97,000 miles in. We have never had any problems of any kind with our cars and there's no reason to think the Tucson will be any different. It's comfortable, roomy, looks fantastic and blends performance and economy. It's the best bargain in the small SUV/crossover market by far.

Best in class

by Crossover newbie from Dallas Tx on Mon Feb 22 2016

I did my research before buying my 2016 Tucson SE. After driving it I have to agree with Motor Week. It is best in class. I would recommend it to anyone and everyone. The SE being bottom of the line for the Tucson comes well equipped with electric windows, locks, tilt, cruise, mirrors, and blue tooth ready stereo. The cabin is roomy and comfortable. Gas mileage is great averaging 31 mpg. The car handles well and has enough get up and go for normal driving and traffic.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Our Take on the 2016 Hyundai Tucson

The 2016 Hyundai Tucson is a comfortable, stylish and quiet vehicle that's sure to excite shoppers and make segment rivals more than a bit nervous.

Compact SUVs are hot, but Hyundai's entry has historically left many shoppers cold. The 2015 Tucson SUV didn't compete in the most recent Cars.com $28,000 Compact SUV Challenge, but if it had, its loud, rough ride would have earned it a spot among the losers. A redesign for 2016 adds some much-needed ride refinement.

Changes include more dramatic styling, a new turbocharged engine option that’s potent and efficient, additional cargo room, and a host of new safety and convenience features. Compare the 2015 and 2016 models here.

The... Read More