2004 X-Type

2004 Jaguar X-Type

$271 - $10,099  MSRP Range
2004 Jaguar X-Type

4.4

Have you driven the 2004 Jaguar X-Type?

I love it

by Andrew from Chicago, IL on Sun May 16 2010

My 2004 x-type 3.0 AWD has a little over 90,000 miles now and i have no complaints at all. Drives great, handles high speeds very well, the AWD system is a miracle in snow especially here in Chicago and i get so many compliments about the car till today.

Great for 1st time buyers

by Murse2010 from Memphis, TN on Wed Jan 05 2011

At first glance the 2004 Jaguar X-type offers the luxury car reputation without the luxury car price, but is the name all it has to offer? Sure, the 3.0L V6 228 hp under the hood provides a genuine adrenaline rush, and commands respect especially while overtaking any highway traffic; however, even minor bumps rattle it's passengers as the standard AWD suspension lacks adequate shock absorption necessary in any luxury vehicle. Besides the "bumpiness" factor, I am very satisfied with the AWD handling, interior and exterior design, and all the other standard mechanical features (the engine feels great while flooring it on sport mode).

Awesome all round vehicle

by Jag X type from Mahwah on Mon Jun 11 2012

Bought the Jag used with 80k on the odometer. I was extremely nervous to purchase a Jag with that many miles. I have not ran into one problem yet and have put 40k miles on her. I bought the 2.5L which is awesome on fuel consumption but does lack acceleration power. Although, the top end performance is amazing for such a small motor. AWD is definitely the way to go and is extremely well composed in the snow and at higher speeds in the wet. Another flaw is trying to get mechanics to work on a Jag, because many shy away. Styling is sleek and the price is very reasonable for purchasing a pre-owned vehicle because of a high depreciation rate. All round great car and experience.

Not too bad

by gumby from Dallas, GA on Tue Jan 12 2010

I've had my 2004 X-Type 3.0 Sport for about a year now. The only problem so far is the Mass Air Sensor. I love the way it hugs the road. When I first got it, it was pouring rain here in GA. 130mph on the highway without a single worry, this is where the AWD shines. I've read lots of reviews about the sealed Japanese transmission, that scares me. You can only get the fluid from Jaguar, I did find a website that says that it does have the fluid that Jaguar charges $45 a quart for $10.75 a quart,I can't post the website here. Hope that helps some of you. The car has a no frills interior, not a lot of bells and whistles. Yes, there is some cheap plastics in a few places. So far I'm pleased. I put about 20K miles on it, got it when it was at 80K. We will see what after another 20K. Forget about the 25-29 mpg, I get around 20mpg and that's it!!!

Best Jag I've ever owned

by will from Leominster, Ma. on Fri May 13 2011

I bought this car used w/over 100k miles, and it didn't let me down. The style and looks of this car really turns heads and it drives like a charm. The winters here in New England can be pretty sever at times, but the AWD never lets me down. It goes as well in the snow as it does on dry land. You'll never have to worry if the plow doesn't come early! For an auto with this many miles, I thought I had bought lemon, but was I suprised.

Jaguar X-Type Performance

by Driving Enthusiast from Miami on Thu Jun 18 2009

I've bought my 2004 Jaguar X-Type used with 52000mls on it. Frankly speaking, it was the best deal on the market with all options possible as standard - 3.0V6 (227 Hp), all wheel drive, leather interior and electric seats. Plus I was able to get one with the Sport Package tuned suspension, 18"x225 alloys and visibility package (xenon projectors). I've never driven anything like this car before. It has absolutely stunned me with its handling and speed. Perfect touring car - no noise, no feel of wind - solid and steady drive. I could have never expected THAT from a Jaguar. X-Type is a perfect combination of luxury, power and control. The safest car ever. I took turns on the interstate at 120mls with just a smile on my face. The first car ever I was not afraid to take to speeds over 120 at all, so solid and agile it is. Absolutely loved it. Just to let you all, guys, know X-Type is the cheapest sedan on the market among its European counterparts with the most options already included. Super good deal if buying used. P.S. 100% reliable and easy to maintain. Still cannot understand why such a good car was pulled off the U.S. market.

X-Type - very good car

by X-Type owner from on Mon Aug 31 2009

Very reliable car, and good, fun and relaxing to drive. Me and my wife have owned our X-Type for one year now, and driven with it 28000 kilometers in one year. We are the second owners to this car, and overall it has 129000km in clock. Yearmodel is 2004. Our X-Type is Sportswagon with 2 litre diesel, it has quite good torque, and fuel consumption is good: less than 5 litres per 100km in long run, and if you need, it goes quite fast for 2 litre diesel with "only" 130hp and 330Nm... The reason I wrote "only" is because today every carmaker takes even more power out of 2 litre diesel, so the X-Type 2 litre diesel at today might not be the most powerful 2 litre diesel. Warm at winter season, cool at summer season. Was it dry and hot asphalt, or slippery snowy roads, X-Type has always been very good to drive. There has been no problems with the car what so ever. Every time it has started and took me and my wife safely (X-Type has 4 of 5 stars in EURO NCAP) where ever we have been driving. I would recommend this car to every one who is looking for safe and realible, good looking and stylish Estate car :)

Great car with manual transmission

by NYS X-TYPE from Fishkill, NY on Tue Feb 03 2009

I have owned the 2.5 x-type manual transmission since new. 97,000 miles no major problems. Interior nice, exterior holing up well over time. Great handing in snow, rain and dry weather. The manual transmission has given me no trouble and make the car more fun to drive than the auto transmission. For the money you can not beat the car, used value looks good to buy, trade in not so good.

Driver

by Car enthusiast from Watertown, NY on Thu Jun 22 2006

I love this car! This car handles extremely well. It just hugs the road as you drive. Very comfortable! No problems in over a year of owning this vehicle.

Luxury at its best

by Mrgoodbarr77 from Temple Hills, MD on Thu Jul 26 2018

The car runs very well. Will get you from A to Z, this is not a clunker, plenty of life left to live. Just a few minor cosmetic issue's i.e. inside roof needs a lil work, headlights&maybe wheel alignment. Other than that once those minor details are dealt with your driving a reconstructed classic automobile. Drive in style in your brand new X-type.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2004 Jaguar X-Type

When I hear "Jaguar," I visualize driving to the ballet decked out in diamonds and a mink coat. How bad could it be living that fantasy for a while? My personal reality is quite different, however. I do drive to the ballet on a regular basis (although it's my 4-year-old's ballet class), and I'm usually dressed to kill in jeans, a tank top and flip flops. I'm a bit skeptical as to whether this fancy, high-society car "inspired by over 70 years of legendary performance and design" can fit into my very ordinary life as a suburban mom.

My first obstacle to overcome is the Latch connectors. They're so tightly wedged into the crevasse between the seat back and bottom that they're really not accessible. Note... Read More