Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2007 Compass

2007 Jeep Compass

$251 - $11,067  MSRP Range
2007 Jeep Compass

4.0

4 out of 5 stars Comfort
4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
4 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2007 Jeep Compass?

Decent little vehicle

by Guswriter from Dennison, IL on Mon Apr 16 2012

I wanted something that would give me decent gas mileage, but still have the utility of a small SUV ... all, of course, at a good price. The Compass achieved. And now that I've taken it on a few longer trips (500 + miles in a day), I like the gas mileage, and the comfort is good. Only hit I have against this vehicle is that, for a 'Limited,' it sure doesn't have a lot of features. No Bluetooth/Sat radio. No self-dimming mirror. No chrome on the outside. Looks pretty plain. But it functions and is a joy to drive. So far, it's been worth the purchase. We've yet to see about the long-term reliability.

Jeep Compass

by ex SUV owner from Jersey City, NJ on Mon Mar 29 2010

I wish I could keep this car forever, but it doesn't make sense to have a car in the city. Great car in all weather conditions. Handles snow flawlessly. Great mileage for an SUV.

Jeep Compass

by Mel from Indiana on Mon Jun 18 2012

I love it. I have been looking for a vehicle for six months. Just couldn't decide what i wanted and wanted to make sure I'd found the right one.......well I did.

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 2wd

by Css04 from on Thu Apr 27 2017

I've had this car almost a month now. It gets better gas mileage than my previous car. Where I was filling the tank up every week...this one I can go two weeks and barely get to empty. I like all the features...especially the aux input and flashlight in the trunk. I like how the trunk is plastic and not carpet so it's easier to clean. I've only had two problems so far, but it's a used car so it's to be expected. When it's hot outside sometimes my car will crank but will take longer to get starter...not sure why but doesn't happen often and starts right up after. It fits my family's need and looks stylish. I've gotten many compliments.

GREAT for the money!

by Smitty from Orlando, Fl on Wed Jan 09 2008

I had test driven several mini suv's. The scion, element, vue, caliber, matrix, Mazda 3 and kia. I liked all of them except the kia, just did not like the drive or look. The vue was the nicest but too expensive for a work vehicle. (I drive alot with my job). The scion was also very nice the xb is the one I liked but the dealership was horrible, tried to hose me on a trade and just plain rude, like the A- typical car salesman mentality. The mazda drove great but was too small for me, I needed more storage in the back. Caliber drove great but again too small. Matrix just plain ugly! Actually I never researched the Jeeps at all and after driving the caliber the salesman, who was excellent asked if I had seen the compass and that he had 07's for 2500 off sticker price. As soon as I got inside it just felt right. Seats were comfortable, very roomy, sporty stick shift free sirius radio for a year...BONUS! The cargo space in the rear was just the right size and I loved the way it handled. I never did drive an automatic but the 5 speed handles pretty well. (I have owned z-28's and I had a red line ion with a supercharger) now this is certainly no comparison but again for the price was the best for the buck! If you are in the market for a crossover or minu suv give the compass a test drive.

Luv my white compass!!!

by Maggie from Toronto Canada on Fri Nov 30 2007

We have had our compass now for 5 months, already have about 10,000 km on it. It drove us all the way from Toronto to Florida and back with no problems. You can depend on this car!!! We did have to take it in about 2 weeks after the trip for a minor repair which was the air conditioning tub broke and some water was dripping onto our feet, other then that the only con is the headrests are not comfy.

Great vehicle-stop camparing to the traditional JE

by Blkcompasslover from Michigan on Sun Oct 07 2007

I love my new jeep compass i think it drives very well but you definitely dont want to compare it to the traditional Jeep we all know. The Compass should be approached with compact in mind. The interior is very spacious although my compass didn't come with a grocery holder i think they should include those in all. It does have engine noise when accelerating but that was expected with it having a 2.4 engine. Overall i think the Jeep Compass is a great vehicle if your not looking for a traditional Jeep or suv style vehicle

Sweet Ride 29 MPG

by nitevis from Donnelsville,Oh on Mon Oct 31 2011

Was not sure but after a week i think its a great ride for a 4x4 with performance and great MPG alot more room then you would think from the look on the outside would recommend you take one for a test drive.After driving this one i'm looking at a new one.

More Pros than Cons

by Leisure Cruiser from Brooklyn, NY on Wed Mar 28 2007

Pros Good handling, excellant performance on highway for a 4 cylinder (not what you would expect), Tach read 2100 at 75mph and had plenty of room left, comfortable seating, no engine jolt when shifting thanks to CVT, AC works good, good instrument cluster Cons cup holders are too low and too deep, average coffee cup gets swallowed by holder, needs rear seat pockets for storage, engine noise is excessive and tin like (but engine does perform well), My biggest problem is that ALL brochures and even the window sticker boasted that the side view mirrors are power folding-they don't, I even looked in the manual and they don't. Seems like Jeep cut costs on the assembly line Overall, a fun vehicle to drive. My wife and I are happy with the vehicle

JEEP COMPASS

by IRONMAN from CANALWINCHESTER OHIO on Fri Mar 19 2010

GREAT GAS MILEAGE IN A FOUR WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLE IS HARD TO FIND BUT THE COMPASS HAS IT. THEY ARE HARD TO FIND USED ESPECIALLY WITH THE RALLYE PACKAGE. I LOVE MINE.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2007 Jeep Compass

Jeep is billing the Compass as a competitor for small SUVs like the Honda CR-V and Toyota RAV4. That's a lofty comparison, and even though the Compass costs as much as those vehicles when given just a few options — like a continuously variable transmission and 4x4 — it is not a small SUV. Even with the Jeep name on the front, the Compass is clearly a car. Yes, you heard me, a car.

It might look like an SUV, but its dimensions, suspension, ride height and driving personality are all car. Why is this important? Two reasons: Consumers are being sold one thing and getting another, and when you make the right comparisons, the Compass doesn't hold up to its real-car competition.

While the... Read More