2007 Jeep Compass consumer reviews

side view of 2007 Compass Jeep
Explore the 2007 Compass Jeep
Shop the 2007 Compass Jeep
3.6

Most horrible car I have ever owned

This car has the same issues, the transmission always goes out its not a good reliable car honestly your better off with a renegade then a compass

Money pit.

Its been a good car but it burns oil.goes through front and rear suspension in 30 000 miles. Eats engine mounts. But its great on gas.

1.9

Worst vehicle I've ever purchased

The only good thing about this jeep has been the sound system and how it looks overall. When it comes to performance and reliability, absolutely horrible. I have put almost 8 grand into this vehicle in the last 15 months and now the transmission is going too. I've replaced the brakes and pads, alternator, stabilizer/sway bar, rotors, lateral link, I've fixed suspension, I could go on and on I have a stake of receipts from my mechanic 3 inches tall. Finding out there's a ton of recalls on it now too that make this vehicle VERY UNSAFE. I've been driving and my brakes just decide to stop working or get stuck. Or the accelerator doesn't slow down when I take my foot off the pedal. It down shifts whenever it wants, even when I'm on the highway going 100kms/hour. Heat smells like chemicals, power steering fluid leaks, and it burns oil in days. I just had an oil change and transmission flush and 2 days later it was dry again and now my transmission is falling out of my jeep. What a NIGHTMARE this thing has been. Nothing but a dangerous money pit.

1.4

garbage

I am 64 years old and this is by far the worst car I have ever owed. I bought this car new and it has 140000k on it. I pump cash into it endlessly. Ball joints, tyrods, starter, many many relays and switches. 6 brake jobs, headgascet, sensors to name a few off the top of my head. Total crap.

BEAUTIFUL SUV FOR THE MONEY

THIS SUV IS WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR. ITS VERY COMFORTABLE, DRIVES NICE AND EASY TO GET IN AND OUT OF. I LOVE THE WAY IT LOOKS ALSO.

3.2

Rusty

Too rusty for me rust on body means rust underneath like major parts you can’t see.Not very many options either.would not recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Super reliable car

The car is really good, I’m lacking a cruise control, but I believe that the previous owners broke it, so I plan to have that replaced as soon as I can. Otherwise it’s a great car

I could go any in my Jeep it sporty comformable I

I love my Jeep It is very comfortable reliable easy to get in and out of my purse and it has back problems it is wonderful the comfort means everything

3.1

It's Okay

So I owned this car from brand new through its first 37,000 miles (across five years). I got the version with 4WD and an automatic transmission. It doesn't shift when you want it to, leaving the acceleration feeling sluggish. I wish I had bought the standard transmission. I would like to give the "exterior styling" another star, but that 90's era whip antenna is an eyesore. The interior has all the comforts one would expect from a mid 2000's car, including an aux socket, iPod holder, and sufficient storage cubbies. However, it suffers greatly due to the pitifully cheap seat fabric, which stains too easily. By comparison, older model Fords have stain resistant upholstery. I had to feed this thing mid-grade gasoline, otherwise it would drag. During freezing weather, it barely moved unless I warmed the engine for five minutes. On the plus side, it maneuvered well, especially through snow. For such a light vehicle, I was disappointed by how under-powered the 2.4 liter engine was. The fuel efficiency left much to be desired. You'd think such a weak engine would at least get good gas mileage. The reliability is exactly what I expect from any brand new car: Zero problems during the first 37K miles (I even did all of my own maintenance). However, I can't give the reliability score more than three stars because 37,000 on the odometer is nothing.

Faithful

This is an awesome car. Good in snow. Will hydroplane on rain on occassion. And dies when fill up with gas. Does this a few times then ok. Dealer cant find reason. But other than this 1 flat tire and perfect for 11 yrs!