2006 Wrangler

2006 Jeep Wrangler

2006 Jeep Wrangler

4.5

4 out of 5 stars Interior Design

Have You Driven the 2006 Jeep Wrangler?

Wrangler X for x-citing

by Phil from Charleston, WV on Fri Mar 21 2008

Other than brake work at 13000 miles I have had no trouble, but plenty of pleasure from my Wrangler X. It's fun and the looks I get are a bonus feature. Excellent off road and in snow. I have the hardtop so noise is not much of a problem.

This is my third wrangler

by Ron from San Diego, California on Wed Dec 19 2007

I can't see owning any other vehicle. It has everything you need, and it's fun. My first Wrangler was a 92, I ran it up to 200K + miles with only the transmission changed and the water pump + usual maintenance. The second was a 99 wrangler, but I didn't keep it more than a year and a half because it was an automatic. Then I baught my 2006 used with 16K miles and the difference in ride is very noticable. The gear ratio needs to be changed slightly, but the feel is very good. the steering is tight and responsive, the inline 6 will last seemingly forever and even this newer model is easy to work on. This is a vehicle you have to own at least once in your lifetime.

poor ride on the pavement

by themechanic from mesa, arizona on Wed May 02 2007

i have always been a big jeep fan, but i must say, "the shocks are terrible...this jeep hits a bump in the road and the front end shakes excessively, and could cause an accident...i think jeep forgot to add the valving for the extra weight for the unlimited version i have....the over-all ride on the black top is terrible...with the right shock valving ,,its great..

Fun summer vehicle

by Wild1 from Utah on Thu Oct 23 2014

I have owned this Jeep for a year now bought it with 41,000 on it loked like it had never been taken off the road. Aftermarket aluminum wheels, tires 33X10.50X15. I was looking for a manual transmission vehicle when I bought this one so I was happy to find a six speed. Really a nice ride except that the wide tires act like a powered water ski when there is water on the road, it hydroplanes very quick. I would buy another one but not to use as an everyday driver like this one. And yes for as light as it is it should get better fuel mileage, but, that was not what it was designed for, it was designed as an off road vehicle and it does that well.Value for the money? it is just like a Harley you pay extra for the name. All in all not a bad vehicle when it's just me and the dog out to see the country side.

Great ride

by Mitch from Bandon, OR on Tue Jul 08 2014

My first Jeep. I was actually looking at an F-150 when I noticed my wife clear across the lot looking at a 2006 Jeep Wrangler X soft top. Bright yellow with 21K, 21K! on it. Bought it and love it. Live on the Oregon coast and the dunes are a boatload of fun.

'06 Wrangler Unlimited

by 50 Jeepster from Greenwood, Indiana on Thu Jul 13 2006

While I have wanted a Wrangler for what seems like forever, I purchased my Unlimited in February of this year. My past experiences with SUV's have been that while they are usually quite comfortable, they lack a certain 'fun factor'. This Unlimited is definitely NOT short on the 'fun factor'. For the kind of vehicle it is, I get decent gas mileage while having the option of putting the top down on beautiful summer days and still having the 4WD for those snowy winters. Every time I get into my Jeep, I look forward to the drive, whether its just to work or across the state but unless you own one, you're probably saying to yourself; "It must be a Jeep thing, I guess I don't understand!"

The best.......

by mudbug from Pearland Texas on Thu Aug 31 2006

The best car I have owned. No problems no matter where I take it. On road, off-road, or across the country its a blast to drive.

Go anywhere vehicle

by Dave from North Carolina on Wed May 23 2007

Rubuicon model has outstandfing combination of factory-installed heavy duty parts which make it the Ultimate Jeep.

Solid.

by thelaststockjeepbutnotreally from Toronto, ON on Wed Jun 06 2018

I've owned my 2006 TJ for a while now and I absolutely love it. My friends poke fun with their little 2 door Honda Civics at my fuel mileage... and yet they call me when their car gets stuck in the snow. The 6-speed is a blast and I've never had more fun driving than I have in this vehicle. If you're looking for an 04-06 wrangler, check on the camshaft as there was a defect for that. All in all, owning a TJ is a blast and I don't think I'll ever sell mine.

the beas

by jpms from new england on Fri Jul 21 2006

i just bought one. i love it. it goes every where and cant be stopped. its my 5th one and i will never stop buying them. i cant wait for the four door.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2006 Jeep Wrangler

Normally, the announcement of an upcoming model would be a cause for celebration among a marque's loyalists. This is not necessarily true with die-hard devotees of the Jeep Wrangler, arguably the most traditional mainstream vehicle you can buy, usually purchased by savvy customers who are skeptical of "innovations."

Two Jeep generations ago, the company began using innovative rectangular headlights. In this past generation, introduced in 1997, Jeep returned to round headlights, weary of bumper stickers and T-shirts that said, "REAL Jeeps have round headlights!"

So news that Jeep will introduce a new Wrangler this fall has been met with suspicion. The 2007 Wrangler looks quite a bit like the current model... Read More