2011 Forte

2011 Kia Forte

2011 Kia Forte

Have You Driven the 2011 Kia Forte?

Great Car!!

by Britt92 from Virginia on Tue Apr 26 2011

I just bought a Kia Forte Hatchback EX a few days ago and so far I love it! I got the sunroof as an extra. The seats are comfortable and it is really roomy inside. Great feature such as bluetooth, satellite radio, ipod hook ups, etc. The car drives really good, and I've been getting good gas mileage. Great value for the price, and I'm so glad I chose this car!

A lot for the money

by PB from Central Texas on Mon Feb 07 2011

Have had the car for a couple weeks now and put about 500 miles in it. We started our car shopping day looking for "something cute" for my wife and something that got decent MPG and had solid safety features. It was a busy couple of days. reading lots of reviews and driving a bunch of different cars...new and used. Toyotas, Hondas, Nissans, and Hyundai's. Kia was not even on our list. We drove by the Kia dealer and wanted to look at a Soul. Drove a couple different cars and was impressed with the Forte hatchback. Lots of nice features come standard. Bluetooth, airbags everywhere, and skid control to name a few. Looks nice, handles decent, and appears to get good MPG...right at 28 on the first tank with mixed driving. Definitely feels roomier than it looks and comfort is not bad. Time will tell...but so far, so good. Will do a follow up in a few months after a couple of road trips.

Best Options For The Money

by Snowbird from NY, Fla on Sun May 22 2011

I bought the SX Hatchback for my retirement vehicle after three years of research. I wanted a car that could haul things, was good on gas, had a long warranty, and as many options as I could get. Love the bluetooth, XM, USB to charge my phone on trips, 2 upfront power outlets, rubber inserts, rear rubber mat, double compartment armrest, tilting sunroof, leather boot and steering wheel w controls and paddle shifters, metal pedals, red interior lighting and standard suede seating with red stitching. The 2.4 is sport tuned peppy with good handling and breaking and up to 37 mpg on the highway, 22 around town. The only thing that I have noticed that is less than stellar which I consider this car to be considering it would cost another $2-3,000 for something similar is that it can be a little rougher over pot holes in the NE than I might like. Best not to hit them anyway. Not recommended to tow either.

great car666

by kia kid from greenfield wi. on Tue Mar 22 2011

bought forte ex 2weeks ago took it on two long trips so far love the way it handles drifted a bit in high wind and heavy rains still great car over all

Kia Believer now

by love my forte from Charleston,SC on Mon Nov 07 2011

I'd be honest and say I was one of those people that would never consider buying a Kia. I was in the market for a 5 door so I tested the new Mazda 3, honda fit, hyundai elantra touring but I have to say the Kia forte was by far the best value. when i first saw the car I thought iI was looking at an Audi 3. I think Kia has come a long way and is now true competition to the "big brands" like Honda and Toyota. I would say the Mazda 3 was my second choice but i would have payed more $$$ for the Mazda up front plus it had less MPG than the forte. I bought the SX version of the kia and honestly could not tell the difference between the Mazda and the Kia. compared to the Honda fit, I thought the forte had a lot more room and it also came with a lot more standard features like bluetooth, sunroof, shift paddles, trip computer, etc. in terms of reliability the Kia warranty is the best in the market so that gives me a piece of mind. Needless to say, I really like the new kia forte 5 door. if you are in the market for a great hatchback, I'd give the kia forte a try.

Great Car

by Drop from Omaha, Ne on Sat Feb 19 2011

I jsut bought this car late January and so far so good. I am a little worried on the gas but still testing it out it. It's the second time I fueled my kia and I am getting better gas mileage with its "ECO Drive". I love the interior features and exterior ones. I wish however that they can come up with a stronger engine like they did with the optima, which will be a car that I might be looking forward to buying in the future. Love the warranty on these cars and for the money, it is a steal.

K 2 update

by Happy Campers from Madison, In. on Tue Apr 19 2011

This is our second Kia and still enjoy them greatly. The main thing is the economy especially the way to gas prices are now. They are very stylish, comfortable, and lest not forget economical. The Kia is an excellent value for the money as far as we are concered.

Reliable for a family of four.

by newcarowner from Louisville,KY on Sun Aug 26 2012

Great MPG. Very good for long trips and good size trunk for lots of different items. If your looking for a car for a family of four this is a great buy.

Absolutely Value of Money

by Crazy Sky from Malaysia on Tue Dec 27 2011

I had this car with me for 5 months long. My Forte was 1.6SX 6-speed equiped with full of accessories. I enjoy my ride and it given me full of satisfaction. Although Forte is selling relatively cheap, but the car was offering much better specs than its rivals and comfortable ride. Meanwhile it maintains top class of safety. This is the car consumer bought with no regret at all at this price.

Great Car for the Money

by Pizza Boy from Rocklin, CA on Sat Sep 01 2012

I have been a Nissan buyer for years and after buying a Kia I swear by them. I have bought 3 in the last year and looking to buy another now.

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2011 Kia Forte

Kia's compact Forte gains a four-door hatchback version for 2011. Along with a sedan and a coupe, buyers have three body styles to choose from, which is more than most competitors offer.

It's true that cars have gotten a lot better lately, but that doesn't mean they're all equal — and the compact-car segment illustrates this perfectly. There's a clear gap between the impressive redesigned Hyundai Elantra and the Toyota Corolla, a car that's fallen considerably behind the competition.

The 2011 Kia Forte is an acceptable, midpack small car, but as the compact class improves, it doesn't distinguish itself.

I tested two versions of the 2011 Forte: an EX sedan with an as-tested price of $19,040, and... Read More