Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2013 Forte

2013 Kia Forte

2013 Kia Forte

4.1

Have You Driven the 2013 Kia Forte?

Overall great car

by Tamara from on Fri Feb 28 2014

I bought my car used, but it had low mileage and little use when I bought it. I looked at many other cars that were comparable to the forte, but they all seemed overpriced for what I was actually getting. The engine and trunk size are what really sold me on this car. Everything I had previously looked at had a very small trunk to where it looked as if I couldn't fit all of my groceries back there. Also, this engine was a 2.0L compared to other cars in it's class that were all less than that for about the same price tag. Iv'e now owned this car for 6 months and I haven't seen the immaculate gas mileage that the car salesman boast about, but it is certainly better than any other car I've owned and well worth it. This car has been very reliable which was the main reason I even looked at purchasing a newer car. Overall, I am very pleased with this car and my favorite bonus to the car is the bluetooth system! It makes my driving so much safer and I like how all of the radio buttons are right on the steering wheel! I would recommend it to others and I think it's well worth the buy!

2013 Kia Forte EX Hatchback

by Wild4stangs from SE Massachusetts on Tue Jan 08 2013

Bought this car new in October 2012, and I now have nearly 8k on the clock. I commute 100 miles/day mostly highway, and the rest is local driving. I average 31.5 mpg, with the best being 36 for pure hwy trips. I am a big buy, 5'11" and 265, and it fit's me well. No issues to report, If I had to complain I would like to see the mpg go up a bit. I have the tech package, and all of the features work reliably, and are easy to use. Also I drove in a heavy snowstorm recently and found the stock Hancook tires to be pretty bad in snow and ice. I am installing a set of snow tires/wheels soon. The dealer experience has been excellent.

Poor Gas Mileage

by Disappointed buyer from Ann Arbor, MI on Tue Jan 21 2014

I purchased this car new in November 2012. I immediately had concerns about the gas mileage and was told to give it some time as 1-it was winter and the gas mileage will always be lower in the winter due to the additives in the gas and 2- it takes time for a new car to reach it's optimum mileage. It has now been over a year and I can safely state that this car gets nowhere near it's advertised mileage of 27/37. In fact, my commute to work is 25 miles, 22 of which are highway, and I'm getting, on average, 22-23 MPG. UNACCEPTABLE!! If I had known how bad the mileage would be, I would never have bought this car!! I can't afford to be filling up as often as I do, with gas prices being so high!! I should have stuck with the Japanese cars I was used to. My last Civic got better gas mileage than advertised!! Live and learn:-(

Glad I bought it

by Returned Driver from Chicago on Sat Mar 16 2013

Because of a job relocation, I had to get a car for the daily commute. I had to no idea what to buy, except I wanted something compact and reliable. Very happy with my Kia Forte EX. The gas mileage isn't as good as it was purported to be, and living in Chicago, when it got cold, the windows didn't roll down instantly, but once the car got warmed up, they worked fine. That's a small drawback for me, as the car always started right up, is very easy to handle, comfortable, and after 6 months, i love it more than when I first bought it.

Good value, reliable transportation

by MattKiaForte from Dallas, TX on Mon Jul 09 2018

Loaded with features previously reserved for more expensive cars, I was pleasantly surprised at everything the Forte offered. The driving performance was okay, but felt confident. Never a mechanical issue, but for some reason various bulbs kept going out. Owned it for 5 years and 89,000.

I love it!

by skyblue82 from Alabama on Wed Dec 26 2012

I just bought a 2013 Kia Forte 5 door and I love it! I have put 6,000 miles on it in just 3 months now with no problems or complaints. It is reliable and drives great. It does take some self training to get the best gas milage out of the vehicle. I recomend keeping the view of average mpg up at all times to see what kind of driving brings your average down. If I use cruise control and keep my lead foot under control I average 37 mpg on my road trips!

great car for the money

by kialover from North Ridgeville, Ohio on Sat Aug 18 2012

I just bought my 2013 Forte EX 1 week ago. I found it suprisingly comfortable and handles extremley well. Drove it in some very hard downpours and was impressed. Cant wait to try it in the snow. Very sporty feeling when driven. Drive mostly in the city and getting about 28 mpg. Awsome car so far. Seats are a little low to ground but I came from a 2011 Sorrento. Forte suprisingly more comfortable and smoother than the Sorrento.

milage is not as stated

by Bob from Plattsburgh NY on Fri Jun 13 2014

Milage for this 2013 Kia Forte is discouraging.Bad for city driving in summer and much worse in winter months. Average city driving is only 20mpg in summer and as low as 16 in winter which here in northern ny is 6 months Highway is also not good. The avg is 32 for interstate driving at 65 with cruise control regardless of winter or summer. It has always been 32 whenever I check it it never varies up or down. Dealer not helpful, says it is because of ethanol or fuelmakeup. I have owned 7 civics and 1 corolla before this and all had much better gas milage. Chances Kia will not be my next car when I trade

Does not recommend this car!!

A bit under powered but mostly good

by JDP from Sacramento CA on Fri Aug 31 2012

I was really happy with it until a trip to the Sierras on vacation. Pulling up the steep grades at 7-8,000 feet that little 2.0 was spinning at 5,000 rpms. Did make it but really winding up. The price you pay for 36 MPG with AC on the whole time I guess. My only other complaint is the door trying to close on your leg when getting in. We have learned to avoid that problem. The seats seem low when getting in but are quite comfortable on 2-4 hour drives.

Mislead by gas mileage

by MJ from Jefferson City, MO on Thu Feb 27 2014

I was told when I purchased the car that it would get 26 city/36 highway and combined 29 mpg. I understand that those are not exact but I have tracked my mileage on a spreadsheet and have gotten an average of 23 since I have owned the car. I took it to the dealership and have been told everything from I need to break it in by gunning it on the highway, to weather being the issue. It should be "broken in" by now. I am disappointed by the gas mileage which was one of the main reasons I bought this car. Other than that I still love the body, performance of the car so far. I like that the back lays down to provide a good amount of room for hauling things. The reason I would not recommend to a friend is the gas mileage that I feel I was mislead about.

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2013 Kia Forte

The 2013 Kia Forte is kind of like an iPhone 4 living in an iPhone 5 world. The 4 still works great (I mean, I still have one) and has most of the features of the new one, but it's missing the sleekness and sexiness of the new one.

The 2013 Kia Forte 5-Door is competent and performs well, but it's lacking in the desirability department.

The Korean automaker will be addressing this with its redesigned 2014 Forte sedan and hatchback, which is due in dealerships this summer. Read the 2014 Forte's review.

In the 2013 Forte, Kia delivers a lot of bang for the buck, making it worth a look for budget-conscious families looking to stretch their dollar, and dealers might be offering deals on the 2013 model... Read More