What Is the 2022 Kia Niro?
A four-door hatchback that seats five, the Kia Niro is available with a hybrid, plug-in hybrid or battery-electric drivetrain, all with front-wheel drive. Competitors include the Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid, Toyota Prius and Hyundai Kona EV.
What’s New on the 2022 Kia Niro?
All Niro variants wear Kia’s new corporate logo. New standard features for the Niro EV include a 10.25-inch touchscreen navigation system and a Harman Kardon premium stereo.
What Features in the 2022 Kia Niro Are Most Important?
Standard features include:
- Dual-zone automatic air conditioning
- Cloth seats
- 60/40-split folding backseat
- 8-inch touchscreen multimedia system
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone connectivity
Available features include:
- Power moonroof
- Remote start
- Simulated leather upholstery
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Heated steering wheel
- 25-inch touchscreen navigation system with wired CarPlay and Android Auto
- Harman Kardon premium stereo
- Satellite radio
- Wireless device charging
- Automatic emergency braking
- Lane-keeping assist
- Blind spot warning with rear cross-traffic alert
- Adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go capability
- Automatic high-beam headlights
Should I Buy the 2022 Kia Niro?
The Niro is a great choice for anyone who wants to limit their gas station visits; opt for the all-electric Niro EV and you’ll never have to visit one again, though its EPA-estimated 239 miles of range is significantly less than the Niro hybrid and plug-in hybrid offer thanks to the addition of a gas engine. Agile and easy to drive, the most affordable Niro is the hybrid. Downsides include modest power from the hybrid drivetrains and a lack of available all-wheel drive.