2014 Optima

2014 Kia Optima

2014 Kia Optima

Have you driven the 2014 Kia Optima?

Best Choice by far!

by JRsndz956 from Edinburg, TX on Mon Sep 15 2014

I bought an 2015 SXL after reviewing all other midsize cars in it's class. Honestly, I was about to buy an Audi until I actually sat in and test drove this car. Interestingly enough, for the options the SXL had I would have had to spend $6-9,000 more on the other vehicle I was going to get. The engine pulls like a turbine powered engine, its twin scroll turbo four puts a definite smile on my face. The interior is comparable to the more expensive vehicles from Germany and the UVO is easy to understand and learn. Exterior is very well done and defintly gets looks in SXL trim. I'm particular when buying a car and this is the best choice by far!

Surprised and Satisfied

by Tonyg from Bonaire, Georgia on Tue Sep 02 2014

Amazing car so far after 26,000 miles. When I bought a hybrid I often wondered if it was a good car for commuting long distances. Well, surprise, surprise, I drive 150 miles round trip each day and this car handles like a charm. Gas mileage is super and I have already saved hundreds compared to my last vehicle. It has plenty of power although it may hesitate on fast takeoffs at times. I actually like driving this car just as much as my Mercedes E350. AWESOME!!!

Dump your Camry or Accord!

by KiaOnly from Tumwater, WA on Thu Aug 25 2016

We used to have a 2007 Dodge Caliber R/T, and the Optima is 3 times better. The suspension tuning is just perfect. Fitting 3 adults in the back is fantastic. We can fit 2 large travel bags and lots of groceries at the same time. It feels great that you are in a 2014 Top Safety Pick. Bluetooth is not at all complicated to setup. It is exciting to go to the grocery store in the car, headlights are really good, and ride comfort is amazing. We have the base LX trim, and still feels really luxurious. Definitely are great buy, the best buy!

First New Car I've owned

by New Car Enthusiast from Los Angeles, CA on Tue May 20 2014

Since this is my first car, it is more special than ever. I am very tall and it is a very roomy car. I love it!

Love My Kia!

by Ms America6 from Little Rock, AR on Thu Jun 26 2014

I am really glad I chose the Kia Optima EX, it has exceeded my expectations overall! It is very reliable on the road and has many safety features that make me feel very safe. The exterior is very attractive and the interior design is very chic and comfortable. I would definitely recommend it.

Love it so far

by Personal Trainer from Peoria, IL on Sun Mar 30 2014

I have had it a month & so far love it! (I have 1300 miles on it already)Very comfortable ride. Great gas mileage. Easy to handle. Love all my options. Leg room in front & back seats is awesome. Down sides: Remote start wasn't an option on any model & I had to have it installed after market because the dealership couldn't. Wind noise on the interstate is slightly louder than I would like. I went from a v6 to this so the "get up & go" is lacking for my taste. The head room in the backseat is not meant for a taller person.

Great value for the $$

by DC from Orange County CA on Mon Mar 10 2014

Started having transmission trouble with my 06 TL (which I purchased new and just loved) and did a lot of research before buying my SX Turbo. I am very happy with the car. It is large enough to seat 4 comfortably, but has a lot of pick up and maneuvers very well. The Turbo with sport mode is fun to drive even though it decreases gas mileage a bit. I drive in Eco mode to/from work while in traffic to maximize gas mileage and enjoy the Sport mode on the weekends when out for a day trip, so it is very versatile. The only thing I miss about my TL is the leather used for the seats was softer and nicer to sit on. The SXL offers an upgraded leather interior but, for me, the extra $$ weren't worth upgrading to the Limited. However, I am very happy with my decision!

Meet the New Accord/Camry!

by Bobfrom PA from on Mon Apr 24 2017

Move over Honda and Toyota there's some new competition in town. Had my Optima over 3 years now and I'm still loving it! My black version is a real head-turner! I'll save some time and just say all the good things said in the other reviews are true. Those that criticize it probably wouldn't be happy with any car. One IMPORTANT note - if you find that the steering is too sensitive at highway speeds, i.e. too many little corrections to stay in your lane, there is a simple fix that I had done - a computer adjustment to the driving mode. Research it. My dealer didn't even know about it - I actually showed him a screen shot of the option on a computer menu. The fix was simple - no charge - and it drives straight as a arrow now.

I think I'm in love with this car

by Tratzman from northeast Iowa on Tue Nov 12 2013

I just purchased an SX Turbo-charged Optima last week and still can't believe it's mine. This car is a work of art on the outside and equally amazing on the inside. I love the panoramic sunroofs, dashboard layout, spunky engine and beautiful design. The black-on-black is absolutely stunning. Can't wait to get it out on an extended road trip. Kia, you and your engineers have really outdone yourselves with the new 2014 makeover!

Great Car and great price

by Wynnsfalls from Virginia on Thu Nov 14 2013

I bought a Kia Soul Exclaime but it did not have the needed room. I traded for a '14 Optima and WOW, I get about the same gas mileage but the ride is no comparison. Great look, ride, fuel economy, room, etc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11