Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2012 Optima Hybrid

3.8

Have You Driven the 2012 Kia Optima Hybrid?

My best car yet...

by Stacey from Upstate, NY on Fri Feb 06 2015

The only car I have liked in 25 yrs of driving other than this one is Honda Accord. I have owned my car for 3 years, and I still love it. Normally I'd be trading it in now. Most hybrid cars cost WAY more than the optima. No, I do not get 40mpg unless I am driving the exact speed limit. I normally drive 5 mi over. However, most hybrids don't sit 5 adults comfortably. The car is very roomy, even in the back seat. I frequently drive long trips, over 100 mi, and I get 37 to 40 mpg doing the speed limit. If I do 80 mi per hr, I only get 32...that is to be expected. I have had no issues with my car whatsoever, I might also add that I have 57,000 mi on my car now, and am just needing new tires :0). My car is fully loaded, I love the sunroof, gps, and deffinately the heated seats front and back. The trunk size is large, and I don't feel I have lost ANY space to the batteries.

by HybridBuyer from Rochester NY on Sun Dec 02 2012

Very satisfied with car's performance and less trips to the gas station. Being tall I am limited to what is available and the Optima has both legroom and headroom (except with sunroof option, not purchased). Car is very quiet in the city and has less road noise, then other comparable vehicles, I have driven, on the highway. I am also impressed with interior design and dashboard layout. The backup camera is a big plus. The only negative aspect I have found is reduced trunk space, which is two thirds of a regular Optima. However, we are able to fit two full size suitcases and two carryons into it with a little room to spare.

It's a Head Turner

by Kia Owner from Dallas, TX on Wed May 09 2012

I absolutely love my new car. I drive over 40 miles each way to work and am averaging 40+ mpg. Unlike most hybrids, the Kia actually gets better mileage on the highway, than it does in the city. With the current price of gas, I am saving enough each month to make half of my car payment. The car is a real head turner, I've gotten lots of complements on it. I absolutely love the backup camera. I am still learning all of the features of UVO. I have loaded some of my music into the jukebox and I always have music I like to listen to. My only regret is that I didn't get the heated steering wheel and seats.

Kia Hybrid Meets and Exceeds My Expectations

by Love my Kia from Thomaston, GA on Thu Dec 04 2014

My husband and I purchased a Hybrid Kia this year and now have the best car we have ever owned! (Rivertown Ford, Danny Arencibia salesman). We get excellent mileage (average 42 mpg) and that is a good things as we commute 100 miles every weekday. This model (2012) is full of features to help you save money and well worth the price we paid.

Best Car ive owned!

by KiaHappy from Montpelier VT on Wed Nov 13 2013

Had a wonderful experience purchasing this car. The salesman (Sean McCarthy) was terrific. I came in very late around 7:00pm and he sat down with me and answered all my questions..we test drove it and overall he was just wonderful, very enthusatic and outgoing. This car runs amazing, gas millage is great. My favorite thing car is the panaramic window. I love the back up camra. I get excited just to drive my car to work!

It's so impressed me, I bought two

by retired peace officer from Granbury, TX on Tue Jan 22 2013

Compared to the regular Optima I would say that it performs like a sports car and large enough for a family. The styling is up there with the high dollar ones with the price of a working person buget. I'm totally impressed by the Optima's looks and the Hybrid goes beyond that, handles and feels super great. For the money I can't see anyone beating it in style, mpg, handle, size and price. Michael W., Granbury, TX

Inherent Flaw

by Sad Kia Owner from Long Island NY on Tue Dec 15 2015

We loved this car at first - great styling, comfortable, etc. But at about 35,000 miles we started getting "hybrid system warning" messages and "check charging system" messages - instructing us to stop driving the car. The dealer has been unable to solve this problem - the 4th time the car was there they replaced the entire transmission (1 1/2 months ago). And just the other day, we had this problem again. We believe that there is an inherent flaw in this car. If you google it, other people have the same experience with this car.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great Value & Stylish

by Loving my Optima from Orange County, CA on Sat Mar 02 2013

I LOVE my Optima Hybrid. This is my first hybrid and first brand new car. I filled up 12 days ago and still have half a tank of gas after 300 miles driven. We bought the car in Oregon before moving to Southern California and we averaged 35 mph on our 1200 mile move with the trunk fully loaded and the backseat. We live in a hilly area and I am averaging 30 mph so far on this tank of gas. I have received many compliments on it and LOVE my car.

Everyone thinks it's a BMW

by Martyisadog from Tejas on Mon Mar 10 2014

I love my Kia Optima. I have a lead foot and have previously driven, small sporty cars with a manual. This is my first "grown up" car and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. ANd a perk, the styling is beautiful. When I first got it and there weren't too many around, people always thought it was a new BMW. I think I got the better end of that deal!

Most economical and stylish car

by Saaami from Spring Texas on Fri Jun 22 2018

This car offers u everything all the features bmw and Lexus has plus the comfort and milage is awesome gives me 550miles in 14galons would highly Recommend this car

1 2 3 4 5