2013 Sorento

2013 Kia Sorento

2013 Kia Sorento

4.4

Have You Driven the 2013 Kia Sorento?

good allround suv

by dozer 007 from western MD on Wed Dec 11 2013

I have a 2013 LX 4 cyl, GDI that we bought used with 5800 miles on it so far we really like it, has plenty of room seats are comfy ,however they are a little long for me. Gas mileage is up & down,,but on average we get about 25-26 hwy and17-23 just running around in everyday use.( note we have full winter tires on it and live in a cold climate which effects mileage.) Ours has the conv. pkg which includes heated seats, fog lights roof racks,UVO radio which is nice,,don;t care for the touch screen and the UVO won't obey commands on the first try and the Bluetooth won't connect all the time, gets confused if you have two phones. The only real complaint we have is the ride, the shocks are way too stiff , you feel every bump in the road, Handling is more than adiquite for the average driver, The 4 cyl also has ample power to get the job done,However if you need to tow get the V-6., NOTE TO KIA, sure would be nice to get a power seat on the LX without getting the v-6

Kia Sorento SX AWD

by LeRoi2 from Los Angeles on Tue Nov 13 2012

I have been driving the car for 3 months now. I traded a BMW 5 Series Wagon, and I love this KIA! I wanted a 6 speed transmission, and a V6. This was by far the most affordable of all the SUV's available. I never thought I would be test driving a KIA. It has been 3 months now, and the car is still exceeding my expectations in every way, every day!

Excellent Replacement for a Saab Wagon

by Wagon Lover from Seattle, WA on Sun Aug 26 2012

Recently purchased a KIA Sorento (SX trim) to replace a much loved 2004 Saab 9-5 "sportswagon." With requirements for AWD and a preference for a V6 to haul around two tons of vehicle, there were simply few choices in the mid-$30K range. Add in acceptable handling, rear a/c for the kid and dog, and a size that can fit into a "compact" parking space and still open the doors, and the universe of acceptable vehicles amounted to two; a Kia Sorento and a Subaru Outback. Had just about settled on the Outback when we drove the Kia Sorento. A more airy and open interior, equal cargo room, memory seats, surround sound, a better (though still not great) nav system, a panoramic dual sunroof, keyless entry, and seating for five adults plus two chimpanzees, children, or even a couple more adults for a short trip. Neither the KIA nor the Outback is a serious off-road vehicle, but the KIA adds hill descent control and a locking center differential lacking on the Outback. Each will get us to the mountains for skiing (and home again) but the KIA is simply more upscale for the other 95% of our driving. Overall, the Sorento meets our requirements quite well. Far more maneuverable than most "mid-size" CUV's, more "oomph" than most other "compact" alternatives. (The RAV4 offers a V6 at this price point but lacks rear a/c and introduces problems for a rear bike rack with its antiquated rear opening and external spare.) So far less than 8000 miles on the Sorento but virtually trouble-free. Hopefully that will continue and even if it does not the 5yr/60000 warranty provides some reassurance.

noize in front end

by Photoman from San Jose ca. on Wed Feb 13 2013

I love this suv ,but now i.am haveing truble with getting my car repaired. it has a noize in the right front strut and it makes a bang every time you go over a bump in the road. it has been in to the deler 3 times and it still makes the same noize. I wish that i could find some one to fix this. not happy with KIA service.

2013 Sorento

by car junkie from PA on Mon Feb 25 2013

I could of givin' all 5 stars but on some of the ratings I just have not had the time to find out about the long trip comfort and over all reliability. SO time will tell. I will say this, it has great performance, turns on a dime ( at least when you turn the wheel ), a little on the stiff side for the ride but handles great on the curves, so I'll live with that. Still waiting to tow my HD to MB, so can't say how the towing will be. So far a head of the curve over my Ford Escape that I had. If it performs as well as I have been told and shown, I hate to say this but I just may be a Kia owner more than once when it comes time again.

What a car.

by Spanky from Manlius, NY on Sat Mar 29 2014

I owned a Hyundai sante fe for 7 years and put 210,000 miles on it. I loved that car. It had the v6 in it with AWD. Great in the winter. Gas mileage was horrible. When I went looking for another one, the dealer turned me on to the Kia. I took it for a test drive and that was it. It was 2013 awd v6. This car had nut. I put 30,000 plus miles a year on so I need that v6. I have been pleasantly surprised getting 23 to 24 MPG with this v6! Plus it is roomy. My family of 6 went out for a drive and we had enough room.

I'd buy one again!

by Hal in Jacksonville from Jacksonville, FL. on Fri Sep 21 2012

I've had my 2013 Kia Soento since early July and overall I am extremely pleased with the vehicle. I have gone from buying 4 or 5 tankfuls of gas a month to 2 or 3 a month. It has an SUV ride, but it's not the least harsh or uncomforable. It handles well and is quite agile in traffic or to park it. If I had to do it again, I'd buy it!

good value

by everyday typical commuter from western PA on Wed Dec 05 2012

great size vehicle for family of 4 - smaller than minivan but larger than other competitors like RAV4, CRV. The 3rd row seating is too tight for adults, only for kids. Doesn't handle quite as nice as the Murano but its the best value for the money and with the 10-yr powertrain warranty, you can't beat it.

2013 Kia Sorento LX GDI

by Kyle from Bloomington IL on Wed Mar 06 2013

After looking at just about every SUV in this class I found that the Sorento is the absolute best you will get for your money. Yes you can get the features the Sorento offers in other vehicles but you will find the price quickly rising as you add them on. The Gas mileage is not quite what the sticker says but still good for an SUV. I have the I-4 GDI engine and I find it to be more than enough to get me where I need to go. I Have not towed anything yet so I cant speak to how it performs while towing. I cant imagine it would be all that great though. But if you are wanting to tow on a regular bases I wouldnt recommend a 4 cylinder engine anyways. The ride is smooth and quiet and turning radius is amazing. I am hearing a couple reviews about a vibration while stopped at a light, however, I have not experienced any of that. The engine is very quiet and sometimes I have to open the door to make sure I turned the engine on before leaving the garage. The exterior looks great and was definately one of the better looking cars I looked at. The interior is also very nice and comfortable. Im about 6'0" and have plenty of leg room in both the front and rear seats. Even with a car seat behind my seat I find that I have plenty of leg room. I didnt get the third row but underneath the easily removable cargo cover, it drops down to provide another foot of depth to the cargo area. Being that I am a father, what sold me on the Kia was the great safety rating. All the other things are nice but the Sorento really stands out in its side safety rating and overall safety rating. Overall, I love the car and am having a really hard time finding something negative to say about it. Highly recommend it for any growing family

Good SUV

by mjone182 from McCaysville, GA on Sat Jan 28 2017

Bought it brand new, have had two accidents in it (both not at fault - one was a t-bone hit on passenger side, no airbag deploy, other was a deer hit on driver's front). Both times it was easy to get parts for the car. Only thing to go bad so far was the temp sensor in the transmission, and that was replaced under warranty. On the positive, it has room for all six of my family with relative comfort. Everything is within reach in the car, which is nice. Thought was given to placement of buttons and of design. I was also able to add a tow package with aftermarket parts without any issue due to the fact that Kia had already pre-drilled the holes for it. Additionally, I have only the 4 cylinder, but I feel like I have plenty of power under the hood. Downsides: sometimes the electronic stability control makes it difficult to get out of normal dirt roads with some ruts, as well as muddy roads. Have to turn it off to get the wheels going, but I suppose that's the purpose of it! Also, the seats inside do tend to wear on my back on long trips. Additionally, there is very little in terms of cargo room (have the 3rd row seating). MPG are not as good as advertised, but are within acceptable limits for me.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13

Our Take on the 2013 Kia Sorento

Editor's note: This review was written in May 2012 about the 2012 Kia Sorento. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2013, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Editor's note: Estimated mileage ratings have been lowered to reflect a November 2012 EPA audit of this car's stated mileage.

While I loved my first brief stint in a loaded seven-seat 2012 Kia Sorento at Cars.com's $37,000 SUV Shootout, my most recent two-week test drive of a lesser model at home left me feeling a bit … um … meh.

What gives? The Shootout contestant was a value-packed, feature-filled Sorento SX with front-wheel drive that had a surprisingly spunky... Read More