2018 Range Rover Velar

2018 Land Rover Range Rover Velar

4.3

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
4 out of 5 stars Performance

Have you driven the 2018 Land Rover Range Rover Velar?

Love ?? my car!

by Vilma on Fri Aug 10 2018

This car gets s lot of attention!! I absolutely love it! Jashaad from Capital Luxury Cars was my salesman and he makes himself available to you if you ever have a question or issue. Very accommodating dealer. I plan to keep doing business with them!

The Best!

by Ben and Shannon Gietzen from Washington Township, MI on Tue Aug 07 2018

I have only had this car for a couple of days but already love it so much! It is luxury on wheels and couldn?t imagine driving anything else. Love the panoramic sunroof and the ease of programming everything. Love this car!

Great SUV that drives like a luxury car

by FredPalmSprings from CA on Fri Jun 22 2018

I love everything about this car!! It drives like a car but it?s a suv. Very comfortable and style! It?s a beautiful SUV thanks Range Rover!!

Nice Concept Look

by Land Rover Velar Owner from Alexandria, VA on Fri Jan 05 2018

This is in between the E vogue and Discovery Sport. Beautiful vehicle don't fall for the WIFI by AT&T subscription just use your phone personal hot spot. I love the APP remote start feature and he 2.0 Turbo is plenty of power. Unless you want the air suspension then you need to get the six cylinder. But be honest with yourself do you really need it or will it be more of a road queen 4x4. The wife and I opted for the leasing program because we never keep a vehicle more than three years. I also own a 2017 Macan s this vehicle is much bigger and in my opinion is the best looking Land Rover. Definitely opt for the Dynamic dress up, the convenience package (heated and cooled seats). Lane assist and Blind spot comes with it. Heads up display and adaptive cruise probably would of been nice but i could not justified the extra cost.

Buyer Beware - wait until they fix board glitches

by Highly disapponited from Chicagoland on Fri Jun 22 2018

I bought a ?18 Velar and twice now in the past 3 months the board went haywire and all the digital screens go black. The radio doesn?t work, you can?t tell what temperature the climate control is on, etc. it all goes dark. The first time Land Rover had my car for 3 weeks waiting on a new board from the UK. This time, I have no idea because it is still in service. Service tells you there are all kind of issues because it?s a new technology / platform with the touch screens. Don?t be a guinea pig too - wait until when and if they fix what they like to call a ?glitch?.

Does not recommend this car!!

Georgeous inside & out technologically advanced

by Lingo from Cincinnati, OH on Sun Nov 26 2017

After owning several Lexus vehicles, I was looking for something fresh and more technologically advanced. One test drive and I was hooked, had to have it. Responsive (have 380 engine), comfortable, gorgeous inside and out, and a car I'm proud to own. There are a few quirks I'm working through, but that's nit picking. The car has a manufacturer issue, a connectivity piece that needs replaced at dealer and it takes up to 3 weeks to get, that's frustrating, but it'll get fixed. I wouldn't change my decision, it's amazing!

A Beautiful Vehicle

by New Range Rover Owner from Hoffman Estates, IL on Thu Feb 22 2018

First time owing a Range Rover and the car buying experience at the dealership was great. The white glove perks and service that come with owing a Range Rover is amazing on top of owing a great vehicle. So far, this vehicle has met or exceeded our expectations. Great ride and drive, plenty of room both front and rear seats, and there is a very large trunk/storage in the rear. The technology that is included in this vehicle is amazing. I have read reviews that there is some issues with glitches, but so far we have not experienced any, everything has worked as intended. The exterior and interior are both have a very sleek design and overall it is a beautiful vehicle. Nothing but good things to say so far about the vehicle.

Ridiculous Issues for the Money

by amyls on Tue May 15 2018

I had to pay an extra $10,000 to get very standard features, like a front parking sensor (not even a camera) and cooled seats. Even then, there are so many features that are not included - the weirdest is that there is a huge space where there should be a sunglass holder but NOPE. No heated steering wheel. No front camera. No 10-way adjustable seating. Yes, these are definitely extras but on a $75,000 Range Rover they should absolutely be standard! I had them on my $50k Infiniti, so why do I have to go without just for the Range Rover name?? Worst of all is that I've had the car for less than a month and I've already had to take it into the shop twice for suspension issues and other faults. This does not bode well at all. The icing on the cake is how awful the customer service is. Yesterday, I called five times and no one at the dealership answered the phone or returned my voicemail so I had to drive there just to have a conversation about the new fault messages that had popped up. Don't get me started on the actual buying process - a disaster! I'm so disappointed with my first Range Rover, I wish I would have bought something else.

Does not recommend this car!!

Most beautiful car we?ve ever owned

by MTYousif from Bluffton, SC on Mon Jan 01 2018

We love the exterior and interior design as well as the spaciousnessit provides. The car we bought has everything in it we desired including the heads up display. We will highly recommend his car to all our friends.

Most Stunning Car I've Owned

by jrosen on Tue Jan 16 2018

I've driven in many luxurious cars and the Range Rover Velar is above all. It is all around beautiful - it drives smoothly, the exterior is sleek and a true head-turner, and the interior is simply stunning. Every detail of the Velar is extraordinary, from the massaging seats, leather, stitching, to the closing door handles, panoramic sunroof, and interior ambiance lighting. I could go on and on about this car. This is my second Range Rover and I am very happy with how it runs and keeps in shape year after year.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2018 Land Rover Range Rover Velar

The verdict:

The Velar delivers great luxury, style and capability, but some may find its lofty price and futuristic controls off-putting.

Versus the competition:

I would put the Velar’s fantastic interior up against any of its competitors, but those looking for a sporty drive will be better served elsewhere.

The Range Rover family welcomes its fourth member for 2018, the brand-new Land Rover Range Rover Velar. At first glance, it seems to check all the boxes a buyer would have for a luxury SUV. Style? Check. Luxury? Check. Off-road capability? Double check. But does it hold up under deeper scrutiny, especially of its brand-new multimedia system? Yes and no.

The Velar is positioned as the "Goldilocks" Range Rover for urbanites. Both the original Range Rover and Range Rover Sport aren't quite suitable for city use because they're too big. The Evoque, with its tiny backseat and shortage of cargo room, is too small to fulfill the utility portion of the equation. So along comes the Velar... Read More