2011 CT 200h

2011 Lexus CT 200h

2011 Lexus CT 200h

Have you driven the 2011 Lexus CT 200h?

In love with my new CT 200h!

by New Lexus driver from Chicago, IL on Fri Mar 25 2011

I have been driving the CT 200h for about a week now. I drive 80 miles each day to and from work (about 3 hours round trip), so I have a pretty good feel for it by now. I've been averaging 43.0 MPG and I have been driving in "Eco" mode only. First of all, I only briefly test drove the car twice at two different dealers. I put a refundable security deposit down and waited two weeks for it to arrive. In the meantime, I test drove a Prius, Mazda3, and Chevy Cruze. The Mazda3 hatchback looks very similar to the CT 200h, but it only gets 22 MPG, so if you drive as much as I do, then the CT is the same price with the cost of gas taken into account. While the Prius and the Chevy Cruze were a bit less expensive, it wasn't that much different in a payment and I just love the look of the CT. I love all the features and actually like the NuLuxe faux leather. Plus, it saves a cow hide and has low VOC emissions, so you can feel good about this upholstery. I also like the claim that the car is 85% recyclable. And at 43 MPG, I really feel like this car helps towards the goal of running a more efficient, earth-friendly society. I also did not go for the navigation. I've been living in Chicago my whole life and think I know where I'm going. I have a Tom-Tom for roadtrips. Wasn't worth the additional $3,500 to me. I've also truly enjoyed my experience with the Lexus staff. Everyone is very professional, friendly, and low pressure. Overall, I just love this car! Granted, it's only been a week with me and I drove a 1999 Saab that was falling apart before this, so I probably would have liked anything better than that! But, I truly feel that I made a good decision (and believe me, I'm an analyst for a living and spent countless hours analyzing car choices, prices, options, etc.). If you're a commuter and want to travel in a little more style than the Prius, I highly recommend this car. I can't wait until 5:00 today when I can go back and drive it home :)

Excellent Car, Excellent Value

by First Time Hybrid Owner from Rhode Island on Mon Mar 07 2011

Traded in an Infiniti FX45. I loved the growling engine and power the FX offered... the Lexus CT200h offers neither. With that said, I've cycled through a few tanks of gas and get 37/38 mpg driving aggresive and about 40 mpg driving normal. I'm confident as I drive the car a bit longer I'll be able to get a better feel for driving the hybrid and push better mileage. The Lexus CT200h certainly doesn't have the power I'm used to but as I learn to drive it I'm finding it has some pep in sport mode (which btw having different driving modes is an added bonus), it handles beautifully and the interior cabin is awesome. Initially I wasn't sold on the faux leather and hatchback style but truthfully, the faux leather is nice and the hatchback very European looking plus the seats fold down completely or just 1 folds down... perfect for skis or boards. I'm reading some reviews online and some people say the CT200h is an overpriced Prius... I beg to differ. Go drive a Prius, a Ford Fusion Hybrid and Camry Hybrid like I did and you'll never want to get out of this car!!

Great car for empty-nester woman

by Happy CT owner from Ohio on Thu Apr 21 2011

I spent the better part of 6 months looking for a car as close to my needs as possible: sporty, environmentally conscious, with some luxury, not outrageously expensive, not huge but with enough utility to haul around a few things if I needed to. I test drove cars that had one or a couple of my criteria but not all: Hyundai Sonata, Buick Regal, Acura TL, Infinity, Subaru...I was all over the place thinking I needed another sedan or a crossover of some kind. I am not a car person, and was frustrated that there seemed to be nothing for me out there. I had almost given up, then I read about the CT200h on the internet in November of last year and was among the first to test drive when it arrived in early March. The moment I drove it I knew it was the car for me. The CT fills the bill, and then some. I've been driving this car for about 3 weeks and I am really pleased with my purchase. I drive mainly in town and my mileage has averaged around 42mpg thus far. It takes 87 octane and I am still on my first tank of gas. It is very comfortable (the backseats are tight, but I don't usually drive people around much anyway). The interior is nice, and I have fun driving it because I love to see how much mileage I can achieve.... It is not a sportscar, it is a sporty car. The Lexus quality shines through pretty well. Far from being just an entry level Lexus, this car stands on its own for what it is: a European style hybrid hatchback at a great price point. Driving this car is a real treat and it was well worth the wait to purchase.

WOW! sports car look with great MPG

by High on Hybrids from Indian Wells, Ca on Fri Jul 22 2011

Have driven German brands for 30+ years. Got tired of paying $1000+ every time I took them in for service. After one such service on a whim I traded in my MBZ ML and got a Prius. This was 2008 and I have never looked back. Love my car. My wife drove it for a week and traded her 530i in for a Prius. Now along comes the CT. My wife took one look at it and was sold. It is one GREAT little car. Handles great, looks sporty, interior is very nice and xlnt mpg with Lexus quality and service. On a 200 mile trip we averaged 47.5 mpg without trying. Almost as good as the Prius. Only disapointment was we didn't want the Nav. and without it you cannot get the Homelink garage door opener. Is the perfect car for my wife. I will keep my Prius because I can put a lot of cargo in it and love driving it. But, the more I drive the CT the more I want one for myself.

Amazing take on the Prius in a Lexus vein...

by Patentcad from Chester, NY on Sun Aug 28 2011

I came to own a CT in a circuitous route: I purchased a P 2011 Prius for my wife last month and fell in love with her car. I had decided to trade my truck (07 Acura RDX) on a new Prius, but the idea of having two identical cars bugged me, so I went and test drove the CT. Much to my surprise, a CT could be had for about $1,000 more than my Prius IV with leather and nav, albeit with vinyl and without nav. But it was a Lexus, and the car felt like a Lexus when I drove it. The handling is what sold me; I can live with the lack of drivetrain power, I'm buying the car to get 40 mpg, not to race anybody for slips. The technology in this car is phenomenal, it handles great, it feels like a $50K car to me. Some of the auto press reviews are negative, they compare this car to a Volvo C coupe that goes 0-60 in under 7 seconds, but those reviewers don't get it. There are good reasons why everybody who owns this car raves about it, and you can add me to that list. Phenomenal package that delivers a Lexus version of a Prius in a world class Euro style hatch with amazing (practical and usable) tech features @ a very reasonable price. I was particularly impressed with the Sport mode feature, really changes the acceleration and handling/steering of the car. REALLY fun car to drive, and it grows on you the more you drive it. I can fit a bicycle in the hatch area with the wheels both attached (rear seats folded down of course). Perfect car for my needs.

CT200h a car to reckon with

by MidCow3 from Houston, TX on Mon Sep 12 2011

The car is awesome. It is not a performance car,;it is not menat to be. However, to be fair 0-60 mph is not a fair measure of a gas/eletric hybrid. The ectric motor torque is avaiable for a boost at almost nay speed. The car is quiet and the interior is very nice. Some think it is not up to the high level plush Lexus standard; but it is a very well placed interior and controls. Speaking of controls they are very clear, straight forward and easy to read. The white eltroliminecent is the best. Gas mileage, on regular beats and exceeds the EPA estimates. It is very easy to get well in excess of 40 miles per gallon. The navigation system is a must in my opinion. It is much, much more than navigation, it integrates all functions to an easy to use control mouse and screen. air contioning/heating, audio, radio, gas efficiency, And integrates blue toot phone and voice commands. And oh yes there is Navigation. The CT has a sporty ride, not cushy like most other Lexus and Toyota cars. This car doesn't feel or act like a hybrid.

First Hybrid

by Tanya from on Sat Oct 08 2011

Comfortable, compact, both seats fold down in the back, has some pep in 'sport mode' and with almost 10k miles I'm averaging 49mpg which is WAY over the estimates for this car. Well done.

Luxury Hybrid

by Eco Minded from Saratoga Springs, New York on Sun May 29 2011

I love this stunning "little car". It is handsome, powerful and quite youthful, while retaining the charm and high level of luxury of a Lexus. It attracts many -- asking what make it is, its MPG numbers, etc. My only recommendations: a panoramic roof with solar unit like our 2010 Toyota Prius, leather seats in "carmel" and "ecru" (these choices only available in "Nuluxe" leatherette), in addition to optional black or water gray leather. The interior could be a tad roomier for comfort, but it is "just right" for 6 footers and under. Over 45 MPG is impressive. Love the quiet cabin and first-rate quality and workmanship. The ride is super smooth and the hatchback carries a lot. Great vehicle!

A Lexus hybrid for $32,000!!!

by Plknj from Summit, NJ on Wed Nov 23 2011

My commute is 100 miles plus a day! I have gone the diesel route and found that German cars are costly too maintain. The CT is a gorgeous comfortable car that consistently gets around 40 mpg... and, it's a Lexus!!! It is well designed both inside and out. If you are looking for a fast car this is not for you. If you are looking for a comfortable, economical car... This is a great choice.

You've earned it

by Boomgal from Lexington, KY on Thu Sep 08 2011

If you want a combination of green and sporty, solid and edgy, all the perks and they're easy to use, this is your car. It performed brilliantly in heavy interstate traffic, trucks and rain, and felt good doing it. All the in-town, stop-and-go driving plus that 157-mile round trip gave me 42 MPG on the first tank of gas. I kept my last car until it was 11 years old and hope to keep this one just as long.

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2011 Lexus CT 200h

Americans love hybrid hatchbacks, but mostly for the hybrid part; overall, we're still lukewarm on traditional hatchbacks. Lexus added a third ingredient — budget luxury — to create the CT 200h. With a starting price just over $29,000, it's the least expensive Lexus in nearly two decades, and it shows.

The 2011 CT 200h feels at times like a cut-rate Lexus, but its combination of fuel efficiency and handling should win the brand some much-needed younger buyers.

The front-wheel-drive CT's styling is the closest yet to Lexus' LF-Gh concept, and it comes in base and Premium trims, which you can compare here. We evaluated a CT 200h Premium.

Thrust vs. Thrift