2007 IS 250

4.5 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

2006, had since new

by bigeasy from Baltimore on February 19, 2012

Bought car new in 2006, 61000 miles. No repairs or even new brakes, only oil changes so far, knock on wood. Only thing from perfect 5 star is rear leg room needs a couple more inches. Also own a BMW 328i, the Lexus has more pickup, uses less gas, and fewer rpm's at high speed. eg, cruising at 75 mph, lexus is at 2300rpms, v bmw at about 2600

Awesome

by Lexus from Bay area,CA on April 18, 2011

This is an awesome car ! I definitely recommend it. I was definitely surprised by the great gas mileage !!! Looks good/drives good/reliable/good gas mileage.

I love this car

by disassybib from Van Nuys, CA on March 12, 2012

At 40,000 miles I've haven't had any mechanical problems at all. I love the styling, handling, acceleration, and reliability. The only thing that I don't like is the tires are different sizes on the front and back so you can't rotate them. I have to replace the tires every 15,000 miles. They're low profile 18" high performance tires and run about $1,000 for a set of 4. Other than that I absolutely love this car!

I Love This Car!

by luvmylexi from on November 19, 2010

The Lexus IS 250 is exactly what I needed. I am a mom and wanted a small sedan that could fit a carseat, but wasn't too 'mom' like. We already have a huge SUV, so I really wanted to stay on the small and sporty side. But what is good for mom is the trunk - it's huge! The performance of this car is amazing - the tires literally hug the road. And in the rain, I felt as safe as can be. I also love the fact that when my daughter is in her carseat facing backwards, she is completely protected in her little cocoon because the side windows and rear window are very high up. Not sure if that makes sense, but basically, she is not in direct view of the windows....the doors and leather backseats cradle her carseat. LOVE THIS CAR...and the mpg rocks!!

From a woman's point of view

by lexus03 from New York on August 22, 2007

Before purchasing the 2007 IS 250 AWD I searched the internet for reviews. Many were based on a six foot male driving the car. For the average woman looking for some style, reliablity, and comfort the IS is perfect. Everyone who I have had sit in it has said the seats are so comfortable. The backseat has plenty of room for my family. If you are six feet and above you will most likely not want to be sitting in the back for a long trip, but it is by no means uncomfortable for a short trip. I had an RX previously and as expected- the IS is much better on gas, handling is tight, brakes are excellent. Overall, great ride and great look. Best of luck...

Smoooooooooooooooooth...

by IS Impressed from Boston, Ma. on July 10, 2007

...ride, steering, acceleration silky smooth and nicely responsive. As an AWD luxury/sport sedan you get a well balanced blend of both, but in order to have both, you don't get the best of each. Keep that in mind if you still enjoy challenging 'g' forces in the corners and et's for the quarter mile. If those are major concerns for you, this is not the car you want. However, since I'm mostly a city boy who has had my fair share of speeding tickets there certainly is enough get-up 'n go in this beauty to be more than acceptable. I had to try real hard to come up with a few negatives although not enough to prevent me from giving the car overall mostly top honors. So, here they are: inferior factory tires - changed them before I took delivery. When switching from auto stick to manual transmission it always defaults to 4th gear regardless of the speed at that time (would rather have it default to the gear it's in when switching). Ventilation system defaults to in-car circulation at start up (would make more sense to default to outside air instead). Front wheel brake dust is much too excessive (certainly not acceptable for Lexus engineering). Making the rear seats capable of folding down would be a nice/helpful feature. Lose the console ash tray/cig lighter and add more console space.

Great Car But Performance Lacks

by Lexus Enthusiast From Oregon from Oregon City, OR on March 14, 2010

I have owned this car for six months now and overall the car is great. The navigation is easy to use and the heated and cool seats are nice to have. My only complant is the power. It is slow at acceleration and can't compete with other cars in it's class. If you want a car with a lot of power don't get this car. Everything else is great. But this car is just a little sporty fun car that will get you around. Don't try to race in this because you will lose for sure. I have not had one thing go wrong with it at all. If you want to buy a Lexus that is a real sports car, get the 350.

Great car!

by calbeeze from Paducah, KY on May 28, 2014

I bought this car to replace my wife's Jeep Grand Cherokee. I would have never thought that she would come out of an suv and get into an actual car that is smaller than most. But she is more concerned about the savings in gas mileage than anything. So as a surprise to her, when I pulled up in this Lexus, she was shocked and overwhelmed with joy! She loved my choice and the car. She Likes the styling and comfort of the car along with its smooth ride. And as far as for me, well, I'm happy as long as she's happy. I really enjoyed the search and purchase experience I had with the internet and the dealership. They both made my job easy, as far as replacing her previous vehicle. The car ultimately turned out to be a great choice for me and her!

IS2500

by Jacky from TX on December 13, 2010

This car is fun to drive. Exterior and interior are very nice. I just hope I bought this car few years earlier.

FUN SAFE AND RELIABLE!!!

by Lovin My Lexus from Texas on August 24, 2008

I love my IS Lexus. I have a fully loaded black IS. I have never driven a car than handles as good. The brakes are SUPER sensitive and the car stops on a dime. The gas is just as sensitive, and one of my favorite things about the car is that even though the car accelerates VERY quickly it feels just as smooth as going 5 mph. The turning is great... It turns smooth and quick at any speed... It grips the road like a race car. It has TONS of toys and technology and they are all EXTREMELY easy to use like the touch screen navigation and bluetooth phone. The Auto-Manual works great to, you can use the shifter or the paddles on the steering wheel. The cars quality and reliability is unbelievable... I've had the car for a year now and not a single tiny problem. Trust me if you get one you will NOT be sorry.

1 2 3 4 5 6