2008 LS 460

2008 Lexus LS 460

2008 Lexus LS 460

Have you driven the 2008 Lexus LS 460?

The best value

by lexus owner from Houston, Texas on Wed Aug 27 2008

I've driven several high-end Luxury cars including MB S-550, BMW 750 and Audi A8 (borrowed from friends) but nothing compares to the comfort and luxury of the LS 460. Trust me, I spent 5 - 6 months researching these vehicles. I haven't used the parking assisst as there are no parrallel spots in the great state of Texas. I think the ride of the LS 460 (with sport package)is comparable to the S-550 but with at least 30 to 40 grand cheaper and much higher retained value and better reliability. I absolutely hate it when high-end cars have problems because, guess what, their repairs are horrendous. This is something MB and BMW are quite notorious about. For me, it was a no brainer and when my friends (who owned other high-end cars) test drove mine, they where quite surprised of the power and luxury of this vehicle and some of them had regrets on buying their vehicle. Can't go wrong with this car at all.

Should be illegal

by Beast from Tulsa, OK on Wed Aug 01 2012

My Lexus Certified Preowned LS460 is incredible! My only complaint is that you can't tell how fast you're going (at all) and often have to slow down to the speed limit. Plenty of power, much better gas mileage than I expected for a big V8 (26-28mpg on the highway, 23-25mpg in the city). Comfortable ride, nice stereo, very fine finishes and the back seats are as comfortable as the front. My wife loves her IS250, which is why we bought another Lexus. We'll never purchase any other brand for our vehicles. It should be illegal to enjoy driving a car as much as I enjoy driving my LS460.

Best car I have ever owned!!!

by G from Texarkana, Arkansas on Wed Oct 12 2011

It took me a while to make my mind up on purchasing this vehicle. I looked at the 750Li, and the S550 after many test drives and reading consumer report magazine, I chose the Lexus LS460L. The reason was simple customer satisfaction at all the dealerships, and the realiability of the vehicle. I just couldn't see paying the amount of money for a luxury automobile and it continues to be in the shop for repairs.

Make a right choice

by Sold on Lexus from Maryland on Tue Jan 01 2008

Other cars in this class just don't add up for the value. Lexus has proven itself over the years. I looked at Jag, Mercedes etc. No resale value on those! When it came down to price value relationship, Lexus won hands down. For those who complain about it not being sporty, I prefer luxery at its finest. This car is solid!

Wouldn't Drive Anything Else

by Loving Lexus from Naperville, Illinois on Tue Jul 29 2008

I've owned 4 LS's over the past 10 years and this one is even dreamier than the other 3. My current one, a 2007 LS460, drives beautifully. I've also owned the RX and the LX trucks and loved them too. My only complaint with the LS's is driving in the snow--it's a little unsure on the slick roads, but the snow mode does help. I'm an extremely picky person and I have driven my husband's BMW's and Mercedes in the past, and I wouldn't trade my Lexus for those in a million years! It's perfectly comfortable and easy to figure out the controls, besides being absolutely gorgeous. I'm a Realtor and spend a lot of time in my car so the fact that I look forward to getting into my LS every morning speaks volumes!

My best Lexus yet

by Fleet Marine from Picherington, OH on Sun Sep 02 2012

I traded a 2002 LS 430in on a 2008 LS 460. It is smoother better mileage almost 30 mpg on the highway. The chiller in the seats really came in handy during the hot summer. I don't know how but they keep improving the car that each one I own seems almost perfect.

Absolutely incredible..!

by ImOutRu from Bellingham, WA. on Thu Oct 09 2008

This is one of the finest most Luxurious rides you will ever find. The parking guidance is superb with the options of setting the distance and parking distance manually makes it absolutely perfect. ?I mean it parks itself..!? The highway MPG for me is a lot higher than manufactures posting. I average 20 MPG in city and 32 MPG on highway. I also found the MSRP on this site was a bit low. In Washington the base is $67,500.00 base and $74,660.00 luxury package, but what they should include in the price is the taxes. In Seattle there it is over 9% which adds almost $6,500.00 to the cost. I do wish someday they would come out with an AWD version of the LS.

Best car I ever owned

by Jimbo Jones from Seattle, WA on Wed Feb 15 2012

I was the type of guy that would trade in my car every 1-3 years until now. I can see myself keeping this one 10+ years. The car never ceases to amaze me. For the first time in my life I wish my commute was longer! People complain how it looks but I think it looks better than the MB S/BMW 7 and my wife agrees. It will even tell you the tire pressure in your spare tire! Excellent gas mileage, very smooth and quiet. Back seat in the L has amazing legroom, and so does the front. I can put the seat almost all the way back and with my young son behind me he can't kick my seat anymore! Great acceleration & smooth transmission. XM traffic works great and is not expensive. On the down side the RWD did poorly in snow, we had to drive our IS300 to get out of the parking lot instead. The automatic parking is usually a fail, especially when doing the backing into a spot. It did better parallel parking. People also complain about the brakes being too touchy, but if you really want to feel touchy brakes drive a 2009 4Runner.

Worth the wait

by Luxury Car Fan - love the ride! from New Orleans, LA on Mon Apr 23 2012

It took me about eighteen months to settle on the car I ended up purchasing. Definitely worth the wait. Gorgeous car. Great ride! Highly recommend Lexus LS series to anyone interested in a truly luxurious ride.

Toyota Not so reliable like old day

by John Laguna Beach from Laguna Beach, CA on Wed Jul 04 2012

I choose this car because of Toyota reliability reputation and value. Overall Lexus LS out perform 7series and S class. It's cheaper, less problem, hold better resale value. I took my car back to dealer to fix small problem with engine few times, rattle noise on dashboard and moonroof, navigation often crash, right side hid light water leak. Everything were taking care quickly for no charge. Extended Warranty is highly recommend.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2008 Lexus LS 460

Editor's note: This review was written in March 2007 about the regular and L versions of the 2007 Lexus LS 460. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what details are different this year, check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Lexus' new LS 460 flagship sedan has captured a lot of attention for one feature in particular: its ability to park itself. I'll detail the Advanced Parking Guidance System later in this review, but even if you don't choose this optional system, the LS 460 improves upon its predecessor in numerous ways and remains an exceptional choice for car buyers looking for a personal sanctuary on wheels.

Ride & Handling