2006 Lexus SC 430 consumer reviews

side view of 2006 SC 430 Lexus
Explore the 2006 Lexus SC 430
Shop the 2006 Lexus SC 430

Great GT Hardtop Convertible

This car is great at what it's designed for: comfortable and reliable cruising. At 300 HP it's powerful enough to pass anything in your way, it's quiet with the top up and fun with the top down, and although you won't have the most exciting day driving on the razor's edge, that's not why you purchase it. My wife and I enjoy long rides (and without the spare you can store 2 carryon bags or one golf bag in the trunk). A 2002 with 160k miles, it doesn't need any expensive work, and runs well. The interior wood and leather are sumptious. I always get questions and compliments about the car when I stop. We love this car.

Car that will never be built again!

I bought my 2006 sc430 18 months ago. The ride is not only smooth, but it holds the road without making break your back. Without even realizing it, I'm taking off ramps at speeds that would have scared me in my 2018 civic SI. No drama, just slides through the curves, smooth and silky. And an 8 cylinder Toyota/Lexus engine! You just can't buy this type of car anymore and this kind of car will never be built again! This was a Toyota exercise in showing the German cars how to do it all with Japanese reliability. Rain, no problem. I was caught in an unexpected snow squall last winter, untreated roads with 4 inches of snow. Put it in snow mode, took it easy and never spun a wheel, got me home just fine. The feel of the wooden steering wheel is amazing? Get one if you can, I strongly recommend 2006-2010 withe the 6 speed, Bluetooth, and updated suspension. These cars won't be on the market much longer at affordable prices under 20k.

C'mon, it's a luxury convertible!

In 2020, purchased 06 SC 430 with 27,750 miles. It's not a sports car -- it's a plush luxury convertible that's quiet & smooth. Extremely well built, fun to drive & reliable. New LC 500 is much more powerful & techy . . . give me simple old school, sporty fun of SC 430! Get you one, cuz you're not getting mine!

Just enough room for me 😄

No room for back seat rider but I love it This car is a show stopper I love driving with the top down The color is midnight black and love it

Best and most fun car to drive-ever!!

Lexus/Toyota makes the most dependable and best performing engines and transmission of any car company. I have a Lexus RX, a Toyota Tundra, and now a Lexus SC430. They are all fantastic vehicles, but the SC430 is a blast to drive I can't wait to put the top down, crank up the Mark Levinson sound system and hit the road. Even with the top down the sound system is crisp and clear. This luxury sports car holds the road like an Indy car and is solid as a rock with no rattles or squeaks. If you ever drive a SC430, you will buys one!!

Worth every nickel

I purchased a used 2006 Lexus SC 430 with 45K miles on it (just broke in), this has been a wonderful experience with HiLine Motors. Very easy to deal with and will respond to any inquiries in a timely manner. The vehicle was delivered in great shape and a top shelf enclosed trailer. Watching the car slide out of the trailer was a lot of fun. Beautiful Vehicle, thank you Larry.

4.3

Affordable luxury. Nice car nice price!

I live in the northwest, and why would you not want a hard top convertible? It is the perfect combo for our weather. You can even take it through an auto wash. Bonus!!

Fun, luxury and reliability!

Love to drive this car with top up or down! Luxurious interior with great sound system. Plenty of room in the trunk for luggage or groceries. Only complaints are ugly factory wheels (which can easily be charged for a much better look) and poor side/rear visibility with the top up.

Great car to own

Very dependable no problems at all. The styling is great. At it age now it still turns heads. The cars has given no problems at all. I expect to keep this car for many more miles.i brought this car and also own the sc400 lexus. The engines in these cars are so dependable.e

Fun Vehicle

I have had this car since 2013. I primarily use this as a weekend/fun car. It is very reliable and trouble free. Love having the hardtop convertible for the spring, summer, and fall months. Powerful V8 engine, great sound system, and timeless style. Unique looks make this vehicle very special. Highly recommended for anyone looking for a fun flagship convertible offered by Lexus.