2007 CX-7

2007 Mazda CX-7

2007 Mazda CX-7

4.0

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money

Have you driven the 2007 Mazda CX-7?

Great Car for the money but expect high fuel bill

by CX-7 Owner from Midwest on Sat Apr 14 2007

Purchased the AWD Grand Touring model after shopped around and for the value the CX-7 is really hard to beat. One of the more comfortable rides of all the models we tested in the price range. Unlike many of the crossovers you feel like your driving a sports car instead of a truck. Just love the exterior look and interior feel of the vehicle. Biggest knock against the car for me is the transmission's sixth gear. When driving on a slightly hilly terrian the transmission can't make up it's mind if it wants to be in 5th or 6th gear, so it is constantly down shifting when it doesn't need to. I actually shifted into manual mode because the down shifts were completely unrequired on the road I was driving. The other big knock for this car is the gas mileage and the fact you must use high octane fuel. We took that into account before purchase and decided we were still money ahead for the features we were getting verses buying a much higher priced crossover. But for our vehicle, the mileage is even worse than projected. The CX-7 only runs 2100 RPM at 65 MPH, so there is no way the highway mileage should be as poor as it is.

I never saw it until it hit me

by A Disbeliever from San Jose, CA on Fri Aug 04 2006

I couldn't believe how great the CX-7 was until I got behind the wheel. I'll admit that it was all the positive reviews that drove me to experience the CX-7 first hand, but I will assure you, the SUV with the Soul of a Sports Car did not disappoint. From the first turn you can't help but be amazed by how light on its feet this vehicle feels. The torque at low RPM gets it moving with very little pedal effort, and from turn to turn to turn, this vehicle corners like no ordinary SUV. You feel almost no body roll, and if it weren't for your gear in back slamming from one side to the other, you'd swear you were driving an RX-8. The most unbelievable asset is the monroni. With all the content of the high-end luxuries, the CX-7 comes in thousands less. All that zoom-zoom with none of the cha-ching. Coming or going, everyone should see this thing!

98% Fantastic!!!

by ZOOMx2 from Crystal Lake, IL on Tue Aug 15 2006

I have owned the Mazda 6 for two years and love it! When I found out Mazda was coming out with a sporty CUV based on tried and true 6, it was a no-brainer...needed to test drive. This CUV is surprisingly peppy esp. when the turbo kicks in...hold on.... more pick up than the 6. Styling is a continuation of the hot trend Mazda has been setting lately. Did note that the quality of amenities (floor mats, control knobs etc...) seems a little less impressive than those in the 6. This might be explained by the more utilitarian use... Not bad...just different! Two disappointing points to note: PREMIUM fuel REQUIRED!!! Ouch! and No MP3 port! Minor issues considering I'm loving my CX7, now 1000 miles old.

only owned it for 3 weeks

by Loving my Mazda from Loveland, CO on Sat Nov 30 2013

So far this has been a great car. I bought the touring model which has alot of great features like sunroof, navigation, back up camera, remote start, heated leather seats, which is all luxury for me. It did well in the snow that we got in Colorado this week, its AWD. It has a traction control feature also. Just a fun, zippy lil SUV to drive. Seats 2 adults and 3 kids nicely. Hope it continues to please!

I love this car

by Mrs.Claus on Sat Apr 21 2018

This car is so much fun to drive! It’s spacious and drives like a sports car! It’s comfertable and good looking. The major draw back is that it takes premium gas.

Best car I?ve had so far

by Renemena721 from Los Angeles, CA on Fri Feb 23 2018

This car was exactly what I needed it. I?m so glad I bought and enjoyed it. I highly recommend a Mazda. You?ll see what I?m talkig about.

Excellent Cross between Sports Car & SUV!

by drivenhard from Deroit, MI on Sat Apr 21 2007

Not perfect- but brings the boredom of driving around town to a dead stop. The extra $130-$140 a year for premium fuel is well worth it for the driving satisfaction this car delivers (with a bit of utility to boot).

Zoom Zoom Zoom

by cjordan from Chester County PA on Fri Sep 15 2006

This car rocks! I've been driving it for a few weeks. It has a lot of power and handles beautifully. Don't even think of driving one unless you are able to buy. You WILL want one of your own.

Some good, some bad

by CTArlington from Arlington, TX on Wed Feb 09 2011

We recently traded our CX-7 in for a CX-9...needed more room. While we loved the CX-7 there seemed to be a problem pop up every 9 months or so. We knew we should not have gotten the 1st model year of a vehicle. Word of advice if you're purchasing a 2007 model. Make sure the AC unit and timing chain have been replced. It's a known failure of this model and both will eventually break down. If you don't catch it in time you could seize your engine. The good news is that Mazda will replace it prior to 60k miles. We had this done on our CX-7 a few weeks before we traded it in at no cost to us. Really fun to drive, but be aware of the issues and make sure they're all taken care of before you purchase...or buy an extended warranty.

improving.

by zoomzoom from SK, CANADA on Thu Jun 28 2007

I had a bad experience with Mazda before. I used to own a 93MX-6 and the transmission needed to replace at 180K. but that was 1993, i did a lot of research before i finally decided to buy a CX-7. And i can see the consumer report shows the Mazda become more dependable since 2000. Great ride, not bad on gas, and it really depends how you drive. Good looking inside and out...the only thing i dont get it, why it has some burning smell when i turn off the A/C?...dealer said is normal on 1st tank of gas. Overall my wife and i love it....lt looks a lot better then CRV and Rav4.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2007 Mazda CX-7

Automakers are stemming the tide of anti-SUV sentiment with a new type of family vehicle: the crossover. Built primarily on car frames, crossovers — predictably — offer a more carlike ride than earlier, truck-based SUVs. Mazda comes on the scene with one of the best-looking, best-performing crossovers I've tested to date, and it does so at a mid-$20,000 price point.

Exterior
There is no understating the looks of the CX-7; it's a bold design statement all around. Onlookers are confronted with a menacing face and blacked-out grille, all pulled together by a very, very large Mazda emblem. The front wheels are topped by exaggerated fenders that remind me of Mazda's RX-8 sports car. They also... Read More