Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2007 CX-7

2007 Mazda CX-7

2007 Mazda CX-7

4.0

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money

Have You Driven the 2007 Mazda CX-7?

Great Car for the money but expect high fuel bill

by CX-7 Owner from Midwest on Sat Apr 14 2007

Purchased the AWD Grand Touring model after shopped around and for the value the CX-7 is really hard to beat. One of the more comfortable rides of all the models we tested in the price range. Unlike many of the crossovers you feel like your driving a sports car instead of a truck. Just love the exterior look and interior feel of the vehicle. Biggest knock against the car for me is the transmission's sixth gear. When driving on a slightly hilly terrian the transmission can't make up it's mind if it wants to be in 5th or 6th gear, so it is constantly down shifting when it doesn't need to. I actually shifted into manual mode because the down shifts were completely unrequired on the road I was driving. The other big knock for this car is the gas mileage and the fact you must use high octane fuel. We took that into account before purchase and decided we were still money ahead for the features we were getting verses buying a much higher priced crossover. But for our vehicle, the mileage is even worse than projected. The CX-7 only runs 2100 RPM at 65 MPH, so there is no way the highway mileage should be as poor as it is.

I love this car

by Mrs.Claus on Sat Apr 21 2018

This car is so much fun to drive! It’s spacious and drives like a sports car! It’s comfertable and good looking. The major draw back is that it takes premium gas.

only owned it for 3 weeks

by Loving my Mazda from Loveland, CO on Sat Nov 30 2013

So far this has been a great car. I bought the touring model which has alot of great features like sunroof, navigation, back up camera, remote start, heated leather seats, which is all luxury for me. It did well in the snow that we got in Colorado this week, its AWD. It has a traction control feature also. Just a fun, zippy lil SUV to drive. Seats 2 adults and 3 kids nicely. Hope it continues to please!

Best car I?ve had so far

by Renemena721 from Los Angeles, CA on Fri Feb 23 2018

This car was exactly what I needed it. I?m so glad I bought and enjoyed it. I highly recommend a Mazda. You?ll see what I?m talkig about.

Zoom Zoom Zoom

by cjordan from Chester County PA on Fri Sep 15 2006

This car rocks! I've been driving it for a few weeks. It has a lot of power and handles beautifully. Don't even think of driving one unless you are able to buy. You WILL want one of your own.

Some good, some bad

by CTArlington from Arlington, TX on Wed Feb 09 2011

We recently traded our CX-7 in for a CX-9...needed more room. While we loved the CX-7 there seemed to be a problem pop up every 9 months or so. We knew we should not have gotten the 1st model year of a vehicle. Word of advice if you're purchasing a 2007 model. Make sure the AC unit and timing chain have been replced. It's a known failure of this model and both will eventually break down. If you don't catch it in time you could seize your engine. The good news is that Mazda will replace it prior to 60k miles. We had this done on our CX-7 a few weeks before we traded it in at no cost to us. Really fun to drive, but be aware of the issues and make sure they're all taken care of before you purchase...or buy an extended warranty.

improving.

by zoomzoom from SK, CANADA on Thu Jun 28 2007

I had a bad experience with Mazda before. I used to own a 93MX-6 and the transmission needed to replace at 180K. but that was 1993, i did a lot of research before i finally decided to buy a CX-7. And i can see the consumer report shows the Mazda become more dependable since 2000. Great ride, not bad on gas, and it really depends how you drive. Good looking inside and out...the only thing i dont get it, why it has some burning smell when i turn off the A/C?...dealer said is normal on 1st tank of gas. Overall my wife and i love it....lt looks a lot better then CRV and Rav4.

DANGEROUS BLIND SPOT / Poor mileage

by Serious car driver from Kansas on Wed Dec 13 2006

My husband and I have been looking for just the "right" vehicle to replace the old mini van (Quest). The CX7 seemed the perfect answer. We purchased it 2 months ago. I love the looks, handling and spunk, but and it's a big problem.. Blind spot ... I actually changed lanes and had an accident due to the blind spot... I have been driving for 40 years and was accident free .. I truthfully could not see the other car. The mileage is lucky to get 19 on the highway with cruise. In town closer to 15.. and it does require premium. Threse two things have given us serious thoughts of taking a hit and trading it with only 2,000 miles. I totally agree with Dave Thomas's review ... the blind spot MUST be addressed and I hope it's as a recall.

Does not recommend this car!!

Novelty wears off quick

by justdriveforfun from Toronto ontario on Fri May 18 2007

CX7 is a fun car to drive but the novelty wears off quick. The interior looks great when you take delivery but it soils far too easily, the carpeting is poor at best and space and blind spots are a problem. For a small cyl engine the mileage particularly in the city is also poor. Electrical and mechanical glitches seem to carry from one Mazda design to the other. My advice rent one for a couple of months have some fun then buy something you may want to hang onto for a while."

Does not recommend this car!!

Fun Car to drive

by Sazbean from White Lake, MI on Sat Oct 27 2007

I've had 3 Explorers in the past and I was looking for a car that was fun to drive, but could still handle taking 2 dogs, a kid and a bunch of equipment up north. We weren't sure when we looked at the car online, but once we took a look at it in the showroom, we knew we could make it work by adding the optional luggage rack. This car is a blast to drive day-to-day and I especially enjoy taking it on the curvy roads around the lakes. It also offers exceptional value with the standard options matching up to what I had on my Explorer XSLT. My only two complaints so far have been the paint on the bumper (which is plastic) is very susceptible to scratches (I was able to make most of them invisible except if you're close-up with their patch paint) and I wish it had better gas mileage under normal conditions. Mazda service (for oil changes, recalls and accessory installation) has been great. I would definitely buy this car again and recommend it to a friend.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2007 Mazda CX-7

Automakers are stemming the tide of anti-SUV sentiment with a new type of family vehicle: the crossover. Built primarily on car frames, crossovers — predictably — offer a more carlike ride than earlier, truck-based SUVs. Mazda comes on the scene with one of the best-looking, best-performing crossovers I've tested to date, and it does so at a mid-$20,000 price point.

Exterior
There is no understating the looks of the CX-7; it's a bold design statement all around. Onlookers are confronted with a menacing face and blacked-out grille, all pulled together by a very, very large Mazda emblem. The front wheels are topped by exaggerated fenders that remind me of Mazda's RX-8 sports car. They also... Read More