2010 CX-7

4.6 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

WOW!!! What a surprise

by First Mazda from Northern, CT on March 8, 2010

My wife and I went car hunting towards the end of 2009. Because I have a company car, the most use of this vehicle would come from my wife. I am a auto enthusiest and we found ourselves not agreeing on what we were looking for. I was thinking safety and performance while she was thinking looks and gas mileage. I was thinking Audi/BMW and she was thinking Honda/Nissan. After looking at many reviews and doing extensive research on Auto manufacturers websites, we stumbled on the CX7. We pretty much test drove everything and we were amazed once we drove the Mazda. The power and feel was in a different class comparable to the Infinity or others vehicles $20,000 more. We purchased the 2010 Touring model with the Technology package. My wife loves the car and I don't have to be embarassed to drive it. It handles like its on rails and its fun to play with the excelleration. Of course the average gas mileage goes down when I have it...but it was a great compromise. Up here in CT we don't see too many of these, so its kind of a unique vehicle up here and will leave "the fast and furious" types scratching their heads when playing stop light to stop light. Its a family CUV on steroids. Bottom line... great performance and great build quality all in one. Interior quality is amazing minus the cheesy woodgrain in the pricier vehicles. The leather and stitching is amaizingly supple and durable. With the sport suspension and limited utility versus some others, the CX7 may not be for every one... but if you are a driving enthuisiest, you will be impressed and pleased with the entire package. Cheers!

Sports car style, Family Reliability

by Family Man from Missouri on June 27, 2010

My wife and I went out and searched the usual crossovers. Toyota, Honda, Subaru, Chevy, and GMC were all good cars, but when we slipped behind the wheel of the Mazda CX-7 we were sold! This car beats the others hands down in quality, performance, and style. The biggest part that sold us on it, however, was the technology. Navigation, back-up camera, Bluetooth for hands-free calling... even the Bose stereo sounded better than all the competition. We are not "hard-core" off-roaders so the sleek metro styling and clean design made it a great choice over some other "poser" crossovers. I am very impressed with this car.

Great car for the money

by Reluctant Crossover buyer from Dexter, MO on May 10, 2010

I was wanting a SUV, but reluctantly bought a crossover. That being said, I couldn't be happier with my purchase. It is plenty sporty enough for what i need, and has great fuel economy. We drive mostly in town, with a few long trips thrown in, and we normally average around 24-25 mpg. There isn't a ton of cargo room in the back, but the seats fold down to give more than enough room. Overall, we are very pleased with the purchase.

this should be named the smartcar

by Liker from south bend indiana on July 17, 2010

pretty much all i can say about this car is WOW. it looks great handles like a miata an is as comfortable as a mercedes. there isnt much in this review but this car is worth your time and money and i would recommend this car to anybody. i even start chatting to strangers about how much i love this car.

Best Car I've Owned

by Mazda CX-7 Lover from Indianapolis, Indiana on June 14, 2010

This is so far has been the most fun and valuable I have owned so far. This has been my first Mazda and I am more then happy with my purchase and I hope to try out more of their models in the future. The car's seats are comfortable and roomy enough for any adult. The rear seat though is a little tight though, but I don't have to sit back there so it doesn't affect me! The trunk space is also very large for such a small SUV, I can fit my 90 pound lab in the back. The performance is also very good for a small SUV. I love to take on corners going very fast because of the high cornering limit. Mazda sure has done a well job designing this car, my entire family just loves how it looks and we even take my car more instead of my wife's minivan. The only problem with the entire car is that there weren't as much options or features as other car brands like Subaru or Volkswagen. Overall, this car is the best car I have ever come across and will probably buy another sometime in the future.

CX-7 Purchased October 2009

by CX-7 in Cincinnati from Cincinnati, OH on October 26, 2009

We had never considered a Mazda before the CX-7 purchase. The cars quality and features is impressive. Handles like a sports car. More than adequate power for a non-turbo 4 cylinder. Very quiet. $24840 MSRP, we purchased for $21600. Very happy with this car and can see driving this for many years. It is the Sport model with the Sunroof package. The quality and solid build of the car is what closed us on buying the car.

Awesome Crossover For The Money!

by katzkatz6 from Raymond, Maine on August 18, 2010

Unfortunately we had to get a car immediately after our Jeep was totaled in a headon collision! We looked at the Nissen Murano and Rogue. We liked the Murano but the price was out of reach. As for the Rogue smaller and not the look we wanted. We decided to go where my parents buy their Fords. This is also a Mazda dealership. Immediately we fell in love with the 2010 Mazda CX-7. We give this car a five star rating all around. Ours is Brillant black with black leather interior. It is totally loaded only lacking a moonroof. This is an awesome crossover with a car feel, good mileage, sleek design, and AWD! If you are looking for a new car or an alternative to an SUV this crossover is the one!

Love at First Drive

by mpbnice from Cincinnati on April 18, 2011

In February 2011, I went looking to buy an SUV. I had researched a number of vehicles (not Mazdas) and I was pretty much convinced I'd buy either or 2011 Kia Sorento or a Honda CR-V. After test driving both, I was really disappointed. The Sorento was loud and not very comfortable, and the CR-V seemed somewhat cheap and had a couple of bad blind spots. I wandered over to the Mazda dealership at my sister's insistence (she liked the looks of a red one) and fell in love with a 2010 AWD Grand Touring. I knew it was my car immediately. It has great pickup, handles beautifully, is quiet, has a great interior and I absolutely love the blind spot monitor. The only negative is the gas mileage but I can live with that until gas prices go down.

Excellent crossover

by Z from Alexandria, VA on April 19, 2010

The Mazda CX-7 is a excellent value for the money. The Grand Touring model I purchased has proven a great city driver with it's turbocharged engine. I was worried about how it would handle highway speeds. On a trip up I 81 north, and south I quickly found it has no problem at all and in fact enjoys running the open roads, and handles superbly. The seats could use a bit more cushion, but are overall sufficent. The Bose Stero is nice, and the interior layout I find excellent. I would by another in an instant.

Love it!

by mom's cab from Richmond, VA on December 6, 2011

i have the s touring with every package available on it. And i love it. For a crazy busy mom it makes being on the go, not so bad. It is an suv that drives like a sports car and has the room and family comfort of a mini van but the ride and interior of a luxury car. Can not go wrong buying this vehicle.

1 2 3 4 5