2011 CX-7

2011 Mazda CX-7

2011 Mazda CX-7

4.5

Have You Driven the 2011 Mazda CX-7?

Great buy!

by Love my Car from Woodbridge, VA on Wed Oct 19 2011

I've had my CX-7 since June of this year and love it! I wanted something with more cargo and passenger room then a regular sedan and this was perfect. It's not massive but feels aggressive when you are behind the wheel. I enjoy the ride and the accessories are great! I got the heated seats for winter and the sunroom for summer! I'm set! I've been through MANY cars as I get bored with them often and want to trade up. I might actually pay this puppy off and keep it!! hahah Zoom-Zoom.

This car can ZIP

by new Mazda lover from Elk Grove CA on Sat May 25 2013

I am a former long time Toyota owner and always thought i would own a Toyota until I read the reviews on the CX-5/7/9 and compared the CX's to the RAV4. For 4-7k more money you can get a RAV4, but why when the CX models are just as cool. I ended up buying the CX-7 (2011) and love it. The acceleration is GREAT. Much better than my smaller, 2010 Corolla. Go figure. The only complaint i have about this vehicle is the AC is really wimpy. What is up with that?? Other than that, i am very pleased that i bought this!

Very pleased

by trojansarah from Atlanta, GA on Fri Dec 19 2014

Caveat: Just got this car two weeks ago as my early Christmas present, so I can't speak to reliability except for my previous Mazda ownership experience. What I can say is this: It drives like a Mazda and that is a good thing. We previously had a Mazda 3 that was so fun to drive and we were wanting a small SUV/CUV that would still be fun to drive, not lumbering like a minivan or feel unwieldy or unstable on turns like some other SUVs (Highlander - I'm talking about YOU). It sits up higher than a passenger car, but not too tall for my 5 foot frame. My husband is 6 foot but has plenty of room and doesn't feel cramped when he drives to work in his police gear. It's the perfect fit for us both. We read a lot of reviews about the vehicle before testing driving this and we were wary about road noise other reviews mentioned. We haven't noticed the road/cabin noise at high speed and this is driven on the interstate every day. It's not got a lot of punch, but that's the trade off for getting decent MPG but it has decent enough pick up so no complaints there. We bought the fully loaded touring version with the technology package and are so glad we did. The seats are incredibly comfortable and the leather is nice and supple. The BOSE stereo is awesome as is the sunroof and backup camera. It feels like a luxury vehicle without the hefty price tag. The only downside is the vehicle was purchased for me but my husband likes it so much that he keeps taking it to work and I end up driving our other car. Seriously though, we did a lot of research before going car shopping and are so happy with our purchase. Mazda is known for having a low cost of ownership and manufacture quality vehicles. We could not be more thrilled with our CX7 and know we'll have it for a long time.

not too shabby

by kdr from Austin on Wed Oct 02 2013

I have had my 2011 for 30 months now with no issues at all. The AC may seem a little skimpy to some, but when it is 105 outside, most cars are skimpy. Great reliability, Right on MPG but the back seats may be a little compact for those over 5'10". Make sure you realize the oil needed is 0W- semi synthetic, so it may be a little more expensive.

Very reliable and beautiful inside and out

by DAYY1987 from Louisville, Ky on Tue Jun 06 2017

I love the feel of the entire car there are definitely enough buttons to play around with. My only issue is a slight ticking on the belt that is pretty annoying other than that I'm in love

Love the Mazda cx7

by ks42d0 from New York on Sat Jul 27 2013

The moment I drove the car I fell in love with it, right away. I purchased it used a year ago and never had any problems. It Drives easily and provides great storage space.

Great AWD SUV

by jeepnjava from Lake Arrowhead on Mon Jan 08 2018

I love this car! Owned it for a couple years. Leather seats with Heaters in the front!!! Stereo is awesome - EDM music pumps the subs!! Excellent gas mileage. Turbo 4cyl engine picks up hard and it drives like a little race car! Always us Premium Gas in Turbos - I know form pervious car experience. Comfy seating for 5. Great rear storage. I am a mobile DJ and this car works for gigs perfectly!

This is great all around!

by Atlgadriver1 from Atlanta, Georgia on Mon Jul 24 2017

Everything about this vehicle is great. Great performance in the city and on the highway. Great on fuel consumption in the city and the highway. The cx7 is extremely comfortable and spacious.

so far a good experience in a great car so far!

by pat from arvada, co on Fri May 26 2017

got a much better deal than i could get from a private party i shopped for 2 weeks and i like this car a lot.

Best vehicle I have ever owned.

by Cheryl on Tue Nov 28 2017

My Mazda CX-7 has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. It's extremely roomy inside, seats are so comfortable. For the year of the car - interior is still looking great. I would highly recommend this car. I wish they still made the CX-7. I don't ever want to let this car go!!!!

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2011 Mazda CX-7

Editor's note: This review was written in February 2010 about the 2010 Mazda CX-7. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2011, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Mazda brought its signature "Zoom-Zoom" performance to the small crossover arena with the launch of the turbocharged CX-7 a few years ago. That model is an energetic performer, but the small crossover segment consists mostly of models focused on more practical considerations, like utility and gas mileage. It seems Mazda got that message, as the CX-7 now offers a more efficient, non-turbocharged base engine in addition to the turbo four-cylinder. It also gains some... Read More