2017 CX-9

4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Test Drove Many, The CX 9 Topped them All

by Poodle Lover from Western, MA on April 25, 2017

I drove and measured 15 SUV/cars and chose the CX 9 for the length of the cargo area with the seats folded down and the handling and acceleration. Love the fit and finish of the Grand Touring and the safety, electronics and bells and whistles for the price. The Bose radio is wonderful.

So Far Love the CX 9

by Poodle Lover from on April 3, 2017

I test drove all the Consumer Reports recommended SUV and the Sienna that got an average of over 20 mpg and chose the CX 9 for it's style, room and performance. I am happy with the purchase so far. It is comfortable, has a lot of features and nice fit and finish. Enjoyed driving it including a 7 hour day of driving over the 1st weekend.

Best car ever owned/ unbelievable features

by Snootch from Reno nev on April 11, 2017

Recommend for any senior! Fun driving & safety features beyond expectations! The ride is as quite as any car ever experienced!

I love my new CX-9!

by Bama Girl from Mobile, AL on July 22, 2017

I love my CX-9 more the longer I own it! I read a lot of reviews before I purchased so I was aware of the lack of adjustment of the driver seat and weak a/c some ppl reported and I was concerned but fell head over heels when I test drove the vehicle. I was also shopping the Cadillac XT-5 and a used 16 INFINITY QX60, the CX-9 was just so much more fun to drive and it doesn't feel as large as it is. About the drivers seat...I am only 5'4" and I am perfectly comfortable driving, the longest I have driven is 4 hours but didn't have any issues. I was really afraid of the a/c but it felt great in the test drive and I live in Coastal Alabama so it's very hot! When I first got the vehicle I had to play around with the a/c settings and it's working fine now, I keep it set to recirculation. I've had it for 2 months now and have not had a second of buyers remorse, I parked next to a QX60 today and compared them side by side and must say I'm happy I chose my Mazda! It's very comfortable and steady on the highway, it feels like it's hugging the road but I sit up high enough to see everything very well. I like having the 3rd row but don't really need it as I only one child. Gas mileage is averaging 22 combined. I find the infotainment system very easy to use and since I'm a little older, the lack of apple car play isn't a deal breaker for me! I wish it had a 360 camera, cooled front seats and auto tilting side mirrors, those options would make it perfect in my opinion!

SOOOOO Fun to Drive

by Mazda Mom from Boston, MA on June 14, 2017

Whether its trips to Costco, driving the kids to sports practice, or taking the dogs around town, this car beats all other crossovers in the FUN TO DRIVE category. Luxurious interior, practical, and sport, you will love being behind the wheel. You owe it to yourself to test drive one - I guarantee you'll want one after you do! Nothing else compares for the price.

Most solid car I've owned

by Tommy) from willowbrook,il on October 31, 2017

I just purchased our 3rd CX9 trading in one of our 2 2008 and would have kept the 2008 if my wife didn't make me get a new one as it drove the same as the day I bought it. The 2017 signature might take a few weeks to figure out all the bells and whistles but the 4 cylinder with the turbo has got the same pop as the 6 in the 2008. Love the CX9 and hopefully will like the 2026 as much as the 2017.

smooth riding/driving car

by CCA from Valparaiso on November 4, 2017

Unexpected power for a 4 cylinder; smooth and comfortable ride with lots of interior room as a CX9. Good buy for the money and good MPG ! Besides, the dealership stands behind the car with outstanding service support.

Luxurious looking car in and out

by Del family on October 8, 2017

Great looking car inside and out! After driving the car you’ll be surprised by the price. Bought the 2018 cx-9 grand touring a few weeks ago and we are loving our choice

Fuel efficient and comfortable

by CD from Columbus OH on August 23, 2017

The Mazda CX-9 is a comfortable car in the first two rows. The last row is either for kids or short adults. The reason for the 4 stars is because there is little to no room for an adults feet under the second row if you sit in the third row. Other than that, the SUV handles well. Better than our small Honda. It is fuel efficient. The sound system is great and offers many options. We bought the Touring with the upgrade package. No regrets. Having larger Rim wheels would make the ride less smooth. The Chrome trim is nice on the side on the Grand Touring, but an extra 3k for that wasn't justifiable. Best in its class. This is coming from a person that is loyal to Honda. Primarily my wife's vehicle for the kids, but I love driving it when I get a chance. We will see how reliable it is in a couple of months since it is new.

Looks like a luxury car

by Ginny from Tallahassee, Fl. on August 11, 2017

Have only had the car for less than a week but absolutely love it. I was looking for a car that presents itself as a luxury car but with a more reasonable price tag. Found the perfect car. Bought rep car from dealer with less than 16K miles. Looks new. Runs and drives like a dream. Will not be able to rate reliability. Too soon to tell. Love the aluminum trim on the inside instead of so much plastic. Love all the new tech features as well.

out of 5 starsReliability