2018 CX-9

4.9 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

World's best SUV

by KS from Cincinnati, OH on December 4, 2017

Just last week, we picked the Soul Crystal Red CX9 GT with black interior. I didn't have guts to go with a red. I have to thank my wife, as she persuaded me to go with the red. Now, I realize it is a gorgeous color and gives a great modern look. It emits different shades of red, depending upon the lighting condition. The chrome piece in the front and the one in the back are a masterpiece. There are chrome accents in the sides and this is one of the best looking vehicles on the road. Even the closing of the door gives a premium feeling. The black interior is phenomenal. No plastic, plush interior with piano black and aluminum like materials in the console. Another suv, that I test drove had hard plastics all around. Then you start the car and amazed by the driver-centric features like the heads-up display, control knob, radar cruise control, etc. Heads-up display alone is enough to justify a CX 9 over other mainstream three row suvs. Speed, blind sport monitoring info, speed limits, lane info, navigation info all come in the heads up display. Naturally I only drive looking at the HUD and my neck doesn't hurt, as I don't have to look down or to the sides that often. The Bose center-point surround system is good. I only stream from my phone. It sounds great with a good base. Tried aha radio and the quality is good too. Navigation system is OK but not that user friendly. Hope Mazda will bring android auto soon, so that I can just use the google maps instead. And now the driving. It accelerates very fast from traffic lights. Usually the car in the next lane will be far behind, when you have reached the posted speed. Funtastic. If you are thinking of buying a 3 row, do not wait. Just go and buy one. Bet, you will be delighted just like me.

Best in class

by gulsh from VA on December 28, 2017

We were genuinely surprised with how nice the cx9 was. We drove I think every three row suv on the market minus the Subaru ascent and the kia/Hyundai offering, most were lifeless and the acura and lexus hybrid offerings were super underwhelming. The only thing that really out paced the cx9 was a Mercedes Benz gls. But that was literally double the price and close to triple if you opt for the v8.

Love new features on Mazda CX-9

by SOCO MAZDA FAN on January 9, 2018

This is my second CX-9 and fourth Mazda vehicle I have owned. Have had very good experiences with all the Mazda's I have owned and am a true Mazda fan. Love this car and ZOOM ZOOM.

Luxury without breaking your bank

by carFanatic from Boston, MA on November 27, 2017

We were looking for a 7 seater luxury SUV that did not cost an arm and a leg. Mazda CX-9 Signature is loaded with everything we needed. It looks and feels luxurious. We just finished our first big road trip and are very happy with how the car behaved

Love the look

by Minh from Cary, NC on January 13, 2018

The ride is smooth, the steering is precise, acceleration is smooth and pretty quick on it's feet even with less horsepower compare to the Toyota highlander and the Honda Pilot. The seat is quite comfortable and hugging. My wife complained that the Latter is little too firm for her. She was driving a Highlander which was declared total in e recent accident and she like it's seats and roominess. Otherwise, this CX9 would be perfect.

Love the safety features and fun to drive

by Mazdaowner from Huntsville, Al on November 9, 2017

This is my first Mazda and I am loving it. It is fun to drive and comfortable. Love the heads up display and lane departure warnings. Love the keyless entry. Plenty of cargo room too. Thanks Hiley Mazda and salesman Bill Smartt.

Outstanding transportation

by Bill Short from Connecticut on December 8, 2017

We wanted futuristic design, latest safety options, quiet, and the color red. It is "soul red" and makes the car stand out from all others. Perfect vehicle. We leased and have had it just for 1000 miles; there is nothing to fix yet

Elegant, Engaging, high quality

by Sabbaspar from CENTRAL NJ on February 17, 2018

So we cross shopped the volvo xc90 and the CX9. The XC90 was selling for 8+ grand off of sticker price and the CX9 was about 3k off. We ended up with a touring model with premium package which has everything we wanted for about $36,200 with premium paint charge. We are very happy with the ride and quality of the CX9. The Volvo was having far too many reliability problems to justify the increased price (even with stacked incentives). The powertrain of the Mazda was much better tham the 2.0 liter turbo in the Volvo. I also am finding that the real world fuel economy is better than EPA in central NJ commuting. I have gotten over 30Mpg with two adults and children aboard on trips to NY and south Jersey. Really happy with the purchase. It has more than enough room for us, especiallysurpising since we came from an Acadia Denali which on paper had almost double the cargo volume. We also looked at the Audi Q7 in base form, but it too had far too many problems reported in forums online.

Outstanding transportation

by Bill Short from Connecticut on December 8, 2017

Fun to Drive

by shawnak from Buena Vista, Co on January 11, 2018

I am absolutely loving my CX-9 Grand Touring! It is so much fun to drive. It is comfortable, and "zippy". It also has many features that make you feel like you are driving a much more expensive luxury vehicle. From the leather interior to the Bose sound system. The screen in the front of the car with the knob to select radio stations, and use the navigation is awesome. The heated rear seats, and heated steering wheel are great in the winter. I always look forward to driving this car, because it is so fun!

1 2 3 4