2014 Mazda2

2014 Mazda Mazda2

2014 Mazda Mazda2

4.5

Have You Driven the 2014 Mazda Mazda2?

A little sneaky speed demon

by Vikki from Philadelphia, PA on Thu Sep 24 2015

I bought this car for the cuteness, the gas, and the price. What I didn't expect was how many small spots I can get myself in when parking in the city and with a few tweaks to it, how sharp it can look. Received so many compliments. Horsepower was a bit of a reason I almost didn't get the car, but my little 98 horsepower car seems to be always be ahead of the traffic. Accelleration and handling makes it a breeze to get around. You get what you paid for and that is a car so don't expect all the techy stuff. Great commuter car to get you from a quick point A to point B.

Most Fun Per Dollar

by Zippy from Austin, TX on Sat May 06 2017

I just needed something cheap to drive before my 17 year-old rustbucket with 158,000 miles died completely. I only had about $10,000 and I wanted a certified pre-owned car, and I was certain I was going to get stuck with a boring-but-practical "Dad Car." Turns out, I got this sweet little semi-hot hatch for ten grand with only 14,000 miles on it in Nov. of 2016. There's very little on this car that isn't either a) necessary or b) fun. Bluetooth? Nope. Keyless entry? No way. Heck, you don't even get a keyhole on the passenger door. But Mazda obviously put all their energy into making it as much fun as a cheap car can be. I've never been an adventurous driver, but I'm learning to be one because this car just wants to be driven fast and cornered sharply. As a bonus, it sticks to the road like velcro. With the traction control engaged, I literally can't make this little car slide on a corner because I chicken out before the car loses its grip--everything in my years of driving experience is screaming "Stop!! Too fast! Yer Gonna Die!" but the Mazda2 is like, "Dude. I got this." My son drove it for the first time and said "This stops better in the rain than your old car stopped on dry roads" and it's true. The ABS has already saved me from one minor collision. It's perfectly adequate as far as an economy hatchback goes (as long as you're not looking for any bells or whistles) and it's better looking than the competition. But it's the car's performance that makes it such a surprising deal. Sure, it's not a Miata, but start Googling, and you'll find that a lot of people who like rallycross, autocross, or even flat-out B-spec racing really appreciate the Mazda2.

Great car for commute good value for the price

by Happy Me ID from Idaho on Mon Jun 16 2014

This car is comfortable (I am a larger person 5/7 230lb). I bought it brand new 3 weeks ago. I have no regrets. I'm the only person who drives it and don't mind the small cargo area as I only need to haul small amounts. The sound system is nice I can use my ITunes with the Bluetooth. The Bluetooth was a gift from the dealer on all Mazda Mazda2 they sell here. The AC works great and has many vents that can rotate to move the air around the cabin. I have enough head room and the steering wheel tilts, and seats are easy to adjust. Very smooth and quiet ride. I will hold this one awhile Zoom Zoom fun! Thanks Mazda!

Absolutely love and recommend

by CJFarn from Milford, nj on Wed Sep 13 2017

This car is exactly what I needed as a working college student. Great on gas, comfortable, roomy, easy to park and easily fits groceries and such in the hatchback.

A wonderful car!!

by Kilars12 from Norman, Ok on Wed Aug 23 2017

This car is amazing I love how small and compacted it is!! I love how smooth the drive is. It's absolutely amazing

Sports car or sporty car?

by NEDan from South of Boston on Wed May 30 2018

When I look at my Mazda2 I think it's a sporty looking compact economy car but when I drive it I'm certain I'm in a sports car. It handles that good! The seats are comfortable and supportive, outward vision is excellent and the handling is surprisingly good. Yes from a stand still it lacks punch but rev it a bit and it's sweet running under powered engine wakes up. I've had no problems whatsoever in my short 12000 miles but it's solid build inspires confidence. It feels as fast as my wife's Fit and handles bumps and road irregularities better. I do love her Honda but I just like the Mazda2 so much better in spite of it's smaller interior space. I have no regrets and I'm impressed each time I drive it.

Fun car

by DrRobot from Chino Hills, CA on Thu Apr 13 2017

Fun to drive. Easy to park. Thank hatchback is clutch. Is has made moving super easy. Great stereo, Comfortable seats. Not super quick on the highway but fast enough to keep up and great gas mileage.

Small, reliable, surprisingly sporty

by Rob G. from San Leandro, CA on Wed May 30 2018

Pros: I love my Mazda 2. Its a great city car, easy to park, and very easy to service. With routine maintenance, it will last a long time. It handles really nimbly, and is tight around corners. Exterior looks great, you can?t help but smile when you see the grill smiling back at you. The hatchback trunk is supringly spacious. Gets pretty decent mileage (I?m averaging about 30) Cons: very little power, and it shows. Interior has no Bluetooth, no automatic climate control, no digital dash gauges. It?s a very simple bare bones interior. No armrest for driver, cheap hard plastic for most of the interior as well. Not a great car for more than two people, backseats are very cramped.

Compact and comfy

by Amber.Mat from Orange Park, Fl on Wed Jun 13 2018

This car is great on gas and just what I need to get around. It will be the perfect car to pass on to my daughter when she turns 16.

Very reliable and grest has mileage

by eedavis3 on Thu Mar 29 2018

This is one of the best cars I’ve own. It is very reliable, comfortable and great in gas. I would totally recommend this car. Only selling because we have too many vehicles.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2014 Mazda Mazda2

Editor's note: This review was written in December 2012 about the 2013 Mazda Mazda2. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2014, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Do you have a sister who's always having more fun than you? The Ford Fiesta does. Its Mazda2 sibling shares some of the subcompact's DNA but is much livelier on the road.

The pint-sized 2013 Mazda2 packs a big wallop of fun. It's quick, agile and stylish, but space is more cramped than the competition and its materials interior could use an upgrade.

Like the Fiesta, this five-seater arrived in the U.S. for 2011 as the brand's entry-level offering. It returns unchanged... Read More