2014 Mazda Mazda 2

Absolutely love and recommend

by from Milford, nj on September 13, 2017

This car is exactly what I needed as a working college student. Great on gas, comfortable, roomy, easy to park and easily fits groceries and such in the hatchback.

A wonderful car!!

by from Norman, Ok on August 23, 2017

This car is amazing I love how small and compacted it is!! I love how smooth the drive is. It's absolutely amazing
Not Rated Reliability

Could have used a larger gas tank

by from Roseto, PA on August 19, 2017

It has a rigid suspension making a stiff ride. I fill up the tank once every three days. A larger tank would be better to fill up once every five days at least.

That is cheap for a cheap car.

by from Oswego on August 13, 2017

It is reliable. Not the most comfortable car, what it works. Mazda has done a really good job. No complaints.

Most reliable vehicle I owned.

by from San Marcos, TX on July 29, 2017

I loved it! Dependable and drivable, functional got me from point A to B. Kept in good condition & maintenance was excellent!

Most Fun Per Dollar

by from Austin, TX on May 6, 2017

I just needed something cheap to drive before my 17 year-old rustbucket with 158,000 miles died completely. I only had about $10,000 and I wanted a certified pre-owned car, and I was certain I was going to get stuck with a boring-but-practical "Dad Car." Turns out, I got this sweet little semi-hot hatch for ten grand with only 14,000 miles on it in Nov. of 2016. There's very little on this car that isn't either a) necessary or b) fun. Bluetooth? Nope. Keyless entry? No way. Heck, you don't even get a keyhole on the passenger door. But Mazda obviously put all their energy into making it as much fun as a cheap car can be. I've never been an adventurous driver, but I'm learning to be one because this car just wants to be driven fast and cornered sharply. As a bonus, it sticks to the road like velcro. With the traction control engaged, I literally can't make this little car slide on a corner because I chicken out before the car loses its grip--everything in my years of driving experience is screaming "Stop!! Too fast! Yer Gonna Die!" but the Mazda2 is like, "Dude. I got this." My son drove it for the first time and said "This stops better in the rain than your old car stopped on dry roads" and it's true. The ABS has already saved me from one minor collision. It's perfectly adequate as far as an economy hatchback goes (as long as you're not looking for any bells or whistles) and it's better looking than the competition. But it's the car's performance that makes it such a surprising deal. Sure, it's not a Miata, but start Googling, and you'll find that a lot of people who like rallycross, autocross, or even flat-out B-spec racing really appreciate the Mazda2.

Fun car

by from Chino Hills, CA on April 13, 2017

Fun to drive. Easy to park. Thank hatchback is clutch. Is has made moving super easy. Great stereo, Comfortable seats. Not super quick on the highway but fast enough to keep up and great gas mileage.

The Money Pit

by from Roseto, PA on March 12, 2017

Paid too much for the car. It has hail damage that I did not see when I bought the car. The tank is too small. It is only seven gallons. Gas milage is around 30 mpg.

A little sneaky speed demon

by from Philadelphia, PA on September 24, 2015

I bought this car for the cuteness, the gas, and the price. What I didn't expect was how many small spots I can get myself in when parking in the city and with a few tweaks to it, how sharp it can look. Received so many compliments. Horsepower was a bit of a reason I almost didn't get the car, but my little 98 horsepower car seems to be always be ahead of the traffic. Accelleration and handling makes it a breeze to get around. You get what you paid for and that is a car so don't expect all the techy stuff. Great commuter car to get you from a quick point A to point B.

Rental Car

by from Wilkes-Barre, PA on February 13, 2015

Most of the ratings on this site are from people who own the car, which is fine. This is a little bit different. I just bought a new Scion XB in October but I took a trip out to Las Vegas earlier this week and this was my rental car. It was the barebones Sport model (not Touring) so there was no Cruise Control or Steering Wheel controls. Despite the fact that my personal car has both, plus Bluetooth and a touchscreen radio, I still fell in love with this car. I?m not partial to cars low to the ground, but this drove very well even in Las Vegas? wonky Strip area. (I?m from PA.) This would be perfect for someone who just wants to get around. Heavy use will not befit the car. It?s very zippy, handles great and seems to have a fair amount of space inside the car. The Sport model does not have a standard center console but rather an open one with a few holders for 2 cups and snacks/change. This is also an Automatic Manual, with the option for 1st and 2nd gear should you need it. I would definitely recommend it as a city car or possibly a younger person?s first car. I would even consider it as my next car!

Our Expert Review: 2014 Mazda Mazda 2