2010 Mazda6

4.9 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

After 2 weeks

by 1st time Mazda man from Livonia, MI on April 10, 2010

All the bells and whistles for so little money! The Mazda6 has looks and style that can't be beat. The front seats could use a little more padding. The 4-cylinder engine could use a little more get up and go from a full stop. However, I am getting on average 30 miles to the gallon and you can't go wrong with that!

New Owner

by New Mazda Owner from on April 11, 2010

This is my first Mazda, but I have never been happier with a vehicle. It was a great price and I got more car for my money then I had anticipated.

Mazda 6 S Grand Touring V6 The Best

by ecmb from on July 7, 2010

I drive de Accord, Malibu, Camry, Milan, Fusion, and Mazda 6... all the vehicules in the best versions, and for me, the mazda 6 it's the winner... Very Silence Very good power. Very good suspension. Very good quality.

2010 Mazda 6 Grand Touring

by Every Joe from Raleigh, NC on July 20, 2011

I have owned my 2010 Mazda 6 Grand Touring with technology package for nearly 1 year. It replaced my 2008 Speed3 (I was told I needed a more grown up car... I am well over 40). Prior to my Mazda experience I drove mainly Audis. This car has grown on me. Dollar for dollar it is the best car I have owned. Decked out with all the upgrades including Nav, rear spoiler and sunroof wind deflector it still cost $15K less than the entry level Audi & BMW models. Performance isn't quite Audi or even Speed3 like, but the V6 has good power and I've gotten used to the corner sway. Comfort level is much better than the Speed3 and very Audi like, not as cushy as most Japanese cars, but firmer with more road feel like German vehicles. The car seems huge, with plenty of interior space and a massive truck... but drives more like a smaller car. I have not had any reliability issues to date. Overall I give this car an A for performance, comfort and reliability. I do have a few nit picky issues. The adjustable driver seat controls are too far towards the back of the seat - hard to adjust and the seat belt will catch them and move your seat position unwittingly. The black zebra design interior trim is not attractive... but luckily it is hardly noticeable, especially with the cup holder cover up. The rear seat center console does not sit flat against the seat. The voice activated system is hard to use. The car is not as tight in corners as I prefer. The gas mileage is subpar. Still, I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a fun, good looking & well performing vehicle that costs thousands less than the entry level German and Japanese luxury alternatives.

Such a well balanced car in pretty much all areas!

by Skippy(the Mazda 6) from Killeen, TX on August 31, 2016

After owning a 2010 Mazda 6 iSport for over 5 years, I had to part with it so my fiance could have reliable transportation again after her previous car finally croaked on her. I now own a 2013 Mazda 3 iTouring Sedan, but that 6 was such a wonderful car to me! Such a simple car to upkeep! Simply keep with the routine maintenance on it, and it will pay u back 10 folds! By far, the most dependable car I've ever owned in my life! A perfect blend of style, cost efficiency, AND dependability to boot! Despite having over 167K on the clock, my fiance LOVES it! And knowing Mazda's overall reputation, that 6's life ain't even HALFWAY over with! I just KNOW my fiance will have a good car for years to come!!!

Very happy with that car

by Larrr from San Francisco on February 7, 2011

I've considered Mazda6, Honda Accord and Toyota Camry LE - as the result of a looong price/value research. After driving all of them I've narrowed my selection to Mazda and Honda (because I didn't like Camry interior) and then Mazda won. And so far so great. The car is new, so I can't say how reliable it is in a long run. But I love the experience of driving it. And I'm still very happy with what I have.

awesome

by Hard to please from St. paul, MN on May 16, 2013

after months of research I finally settled on the Mazda 6 , I couldn't be happier.. great mileage, style and performance.. I was on my way to purchase the ford fusion or the Malibu, but thanks to cars.com and one final search.. I tried the Mazda 6, hands down best car in the med-size class...

great car

by Mazda For Life from New England on June 8, 2015

125K and still going Strong. Still getting 450 miles on a 16 gallon tank (that's when the light comes on) and and i love it. Its not fast but gets up when you need it.

Fantastic Daily Driver, Good Road Tripper

by indieinindy from Indianapolis, IN on March 21, 2017

Bought this car for my wife as a daily driver, and to serve as a fuel efficient road trip vehicle. The vehicle came with an aftermarket HID kit, which I pulled to go back to the standard halogen headlamps. Word of advice: Don't spent money on expensive headlamps for this vehicle. In 6 months I had gone through three pairs of $60 bulbs, and was at my wits' end. I opted for the $7 cheap bulbs, and in the last 18 months have only replaced the pair once. Maybe it has something to do with the temperature of the bulbs or the load placed on the electrical system, but the cheaper bulbs last longer in this car. Speaking of which, the headlamps are difficult to reach; you have to go in through the wheel well. Strange, but effective in keeping out unwanted grime and moisture. Other than the headlamp issue, the only complaint I have is that the lumbar support in the drivers' seat is not as adjustable as I'd like in the trim level we have, but may be in other trim levels. Fuel economy is fantastic, we average around 28 mpg. Trunk is very roomy, and the back seats fold down to allow for longer items to fit in the vehicle. At one time, we transported two full size electric keyboards in hard cases and had room for a passenger in the rear seat (60/40 split bench). The handling is crisp, but the vehicle does tend to dive under hard braking. The acceleration leaves a bit to be desired (would like to see what the 4 cylinder engine could do with a turbocharger attached) but is what you would expect from a 4 cylinder engine powering a full size sedan. The manual mode is fun, but ultimately useless, as the car likes to make decisions for you when decelerating. The key fob presented a quirky issue, in that the battery is somewhat difficult to find if/when you need to replace it. I ended up buying a 4 pack on Amazon cheaper than I could get a single battery, and good luck finding one in a store. The spring that releases the key from the fob sticks at times, with with a small tool or some gentle fiddling will generally come out. As far as maintenance goes, this car is relatively easy and straightforward (compared to the Saab I owned). I have used synthetic oil since the day we got the vehicle, and it has responded well when changed every 6 months or 6,000 miles. I did have one rear caliper start to seize on me, which caused some headaches, but it was a reasonably priced fix, at around $200 for a new caliper, rotors (both rear) and pads (rear). I also did the front rotors and pads at the same time, the total was less than $400. The one word of caution I will give about the front rotors: spend some time with an impact driver, a sledge hammer, and some PB Blaster spray to get the set screws out that hold the rotor on. The only purpose for these screws is to hold the rotors on while the vehicle is on the assembly line, but they are a real bear to get out. Once they're out, the rest of the job is a breeze. To summarize, I would certainly buy this car for a new driver, or for a young person looking to make their way into something a little nicer than their first vehicle. My wife likes it well enough, but is now itching for something with more features and luxury. It's fast enough to do what it needs to, but isn't fast enough to get into trouble, is easy on maintenance and gas mileage, doesn't look too bad, and offers enough room to haul a fair amount of people and/or things.

Cant be beat

by Mazda convert from Buffalo N.Y., on June 18, 2014

Awesome car for the $$$,handles like a sportscar,very responsive steering,the 4 cyl is a perfect blend of economy and performance,auto trans shifts seamlessly,nice features come standard,although i do miss the power seat option,but tilt and tele wheel helps in finding a comfortable driving position,very roomy interior,looks very upper scale,distinctive exterior styling,large trunk,all in all a great car,dependable,fun to drive,appears to be a very well kept secret,dont understand why u dont see more of these on the road!!!,drive and compare to the Accord,camry,Fusion ,u will be impressed

1 2 3 4 5