2017 Mazda Mazda6 consumer reviews

$21,945–$22,995 MSRP range
side view of 2017 Mazda6 Mazda
Explore the 2017 Mazda Mazda6
Shop the 2017 Mazda Mazda6

A great car for a great value

Drives great it’s comfortable has all the creature comforts and for the money it’s totally worth it not a quick car but drives smooth and styling is great

Exceeds Expectations and Then Some

I have owned previous Mazdas and always liked their styling and features. But my goodness, they went above and beyond with the 2017 Mazda 6 Grand Touring model. It comes complete with Napa Leather seats, head's up display, every single safety feature you can think of, plus a sporty demeanor. I should note that this car is a good one for tall people. I'm 6'4" (1.93m) and it fits me beautifully. The steering wheel has one of the longest reaches I have experienced. I usually buy cars from the inside out meaning, I prefer interior styling to exterior. The inside of the Mazda has the feel of a premium sedan and to me, is one of the best interiors around, especially with my off-white seats. The 2017 has led interior lights and the feel of the steering wheel is super sporty. The driving position also has you low to the ground, but not so low that you feel like you are scraping the pavement. In fact, the interior is a perfect blend of sportiness and premium feel. I have the Bose sound system which only adds to the luxury. Fortunately, I also love the exterior of the six. It has nice swooping lines and an aggressive, almost angry front end. I have the 19 inch wheels, which helps to fill the large wheel wells. Some may be tempted to lower the car, but I noticed that I just clear my slanted driveway, so a little extra height is welcome. Finally, the six is enormous fun to drive. I crave being in it similar to how I used to crave being in my older MINI. The steering has a slightly heavier feel to it and even with a smaller engine, it accelerates nicely. The sport mode adds to the fun along with the paddles shifters located on the steering wheel. You can also shift using the gear lever. Overall, the six is a very reasonable buy and you get so much more than you would expect. That's what Mazda does best, offering more than is expected. If there were any cons I would say the fog lights are pretty much useless. I have the led headlights so illumination is great regardless. For this model year, you must retroactively install Apply Carplay. And the heated seats are extremely weak compared to my other cars. Other than that, I would say this car is pretty close to perfect.

4.0

Great carr

Great car the only down side to it is you can’t use the touch screen while driving, and it scares you when you don’t put on your blinker and you turn lol

This is my 3rd Mazda6. All of them have been great

Probably the best car I have ever owned, and I've owned a lot. I average 31.8 mpg. It has styling and power and all of the extras that my friends $60,000 Cadillac.

Safety Features!

My mazda 6 has all the bells and whistles that i personally was looking for in a car. and i previously owned a mazda 6 and i purposely bought another one due to so many safety features and it being affordable.

Great value

This car is great! The price was what I was looking for. This car is reliable, sporty, and gets great gas mileage and is fun to drive. I should have upgraded sooner.

Love This Car!

This car was more than we were looking for but was still in my price range. We love the styling, the ride, and the cabin room. The engine is great and the ride is quiet. I bought this car for my wife, but it's so fun to drive, I will have to work at leaving with her.

Admire the car.

This car handles like a very expensive sports car. And for having a 4 cylinder engine, the acceleration and power is at high performance. The comfort is among the top of its class and not far behind the top in the multimedia area as well.

Very dependable

Drove Buicks for 25 years but they quit making sedans. Have a Miata with 131k trouble free miles and the Mazda 6 seemed to fit our needs. The ride is pretty stiff but it handles very well. Mileage is excellent and it has not had a problem in 31k miles

LOVE MY MAZDA 6!

I love this car my Mazda 6 (my 3rd one!)! It's beautiful, soooo comfortable and drives like a dream! I couldn't be happier with it!