2003 C-Class

4.2 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.1 out of 5 starsReliability

C32 AMG

by Marra from Florida on July 14, 2012

I just love absolutely everything about this car except the interior, and I think Mercedes knows it was ugly as it got a huge upgrade a few years later (2005). Other than that, this car runs like crazy, if you floor it from a stop, you'll spin out, but if you're a bit more careful, it is said to be able to do the 0-60mph sprint in less than 5 seconds, which is crazy for 4 door sedan. But be careful as it just pulls and pulls even over 100mph it just keeps going. Reliability is also great. I've owned it for 1.5 years and put around $300 in repairs outside the scheduled services, which is crazy for a performance vehicle.

C240 Sedan Looks can be Deceiving

by Lemnkr8 from California on October 13, 2012

This is a great looking car. Hands down. But my C240 sedan is short on comfort items. Mercedes are supposed to be luxury cars so consider options like power door locks and windows to be standard. This car doesnt have intermittent wipers, has a manual seat adjustment and whole bunch of blank buttons in the center of the dash that do nothing. First Mercedes I've ever seen without a sunroof. Admittedly, this car has been pretty reliable and has never left me stranded. But repairs, unless you can perform them yourself, will be expensive. The catalytic converter was rattling when I bought it. Should have seen that coming. The crankshaft position sensor caused me to fail smog inspection. Performance wise-loses a drag race with a Nissan Versa, but long distance drives at high speeds are effortless.

Solid as a Rock C240 4 door

by MB Driver from Space Coast FL on December 8, 2009

We have had this car for 2.5 years and nothing at all has gone wrong with it. We have driven it for over 42,000 miles. It now has over 110,000 miles on it and the way it drives and runs I would speculate that it has at least that many more miles in her. It is powerful and rides and handles great.

Fun, fast, very impressive

by j.jamesr7 from Dallas, TEXAS on March 24, 2012

I own a 2003 C32 AMG and it is absolutely the funnest and most impressive handling 4dr sedan I've ever owned. Mercedes sure put out an excellent product for the lower budget individual on this this one. LOVE IT!!!!

C320 4matic - Best Vehicle Owned in 40 Years!

by onequickcobra from Keystone Colorado on January 1, 2009

Out of over 60 cars I've owned over the last 40 years, this is the BEST! With over 73k on it my total maintenance cost is just over $750, plus 2 sets of tires! It doest everything well!! I live in a ski resort and it goes through anything in any weather. My wife has a new C300 4matic and loves it even more! Lots of power, luxury, supurb handling and up to 28 mpg!!!

Far exceeded expectations, great value/buy

by SunshineAV from Charlotte, NC - formerly Massachusetts on June 13, 2011

I bought my c320 4matic wagon with20k miles on it 7 yrs ago and to date have not had any repairs to it yet..only routine maintenance (tires and brakes). Prior to, had only had saabs and had had good luck, but took a chance on this sporty little wagon. handles well, fast, zippy and exterior styling is very pleasing. Going for 100,000 mile tune up soon and though I am often tempted to get a bigger suv type vehicle as my family grows, there is nothing wrong with this car and I hate to trade it in. I have been won over and am certainly a Mercedes-Benz fan now.....quality and good design. I also feel very safe driving insnow storms, ice with this.

Great Car, worth the price

by One eyed Jack from on December 22, 2010

This is a great little car at a very affordable price. I have had no major problems. It might not be as luxurious as the higher end Mercedes but definitely just as reliable.

In terms of driving performance, its very swift.

by jhung from Ridgefield Park, NJ on April 28, 2014

This is my first time to drive and own a Mercedez Benz...I've heard of great reviews and many expenses involve in regards to repair and so forth, but then again. I've driven BMW's, Audi's and most other cars,,,but, Mercedez-Benz, really top it all. It has better gas mileage w/c I need from here and back to work, then school, good size to move around the city of New York, and best of all, very stylish that goes along w/ my likings.. I am very impress.

Affordable AMG Supercar

by Luxury car lover from Bethlehem, PA on September 28, 2013

One of the most affordable AMG Supercars, with unreal sleeper performance 349 hp with autoshift transmission. Interior is basic especially for a 2003 MBZ, cheap looking silver carbon fiber in cockpit is very fake...But you'll forget about it as you scream past corvettes, M3's, and 911's, not kidding.

Truly AMAZING Vehicle

by Lil Red Sports Car Mama from Sacramento, Ca on August 19, 2008

I just have to say never did I believe I would write a review on any car. This particular vehicle though has blown my mind! Never have I driven a car as stable or handles as well as this! According to some Mercedes owners I've come to find out they view this as a entry level vehicle, to them I say think again it's anything but entry level! Welcome to luxury, comfort, class, and SPORTY with a kick! Absolutely amazing compared to BMW 3 Series, or VW Jetta GLi's. It will run circles around these cars an I'm willing to bet outlast them all as well. Highly recommend this vehicle to anyone but teenagers...

1 2 3 4 5