2012 Cooper S Countryman

4.3 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Wonderful Buggy

by MiniMom from Maryland on January 9, 2012

So glad we bought another! We had an ALL 4 2011 and liked it so much we bought another. Worth every penny. Its just the right size for us and handles beautifully. We can not wait to get in it everyday day. You will not be sorry if you buy one. Its is not just an everyday car, or SUV, its different and to us that is good! It is a HAPPY car!

Most Exciting & Practical MINI Yet

by SDMINI from San Diego, CA on March 27, 2012

MINI took a gamble with the Countryman because it went against the traditional size that MINIs typically are. But the Countryman is still a small car at only 161 inches long, it's 2 inches shorter than a VW New Beetle, just as long as a Honda Fit, and a foot and half shorter than a 2012 Toyota Corolla! It's slightly higher ride height gives it a Crossover stance. I find the Countryman gives me the best of both worlds with its size with its ability to fit in small parking spaces and road presence among other motorist. The exterior styling is one of the first things you'll notice with this vehicle. It is truly a unique design among the mainly similar looking modern cars on roads today. It's defiantly a head turner; I get a lot of people asking about it when walking to my parked car. The performance aspect is great. The Turbo with the Cooper S trim is a must with the greater weight of the Countryman. The over-boost Sport button is a nice touch when you know you?re going to need a little extra take-off to pass that giant boat of an SUV on the on-ramp to the freeway. Handling is another strong point of the vehicle with the wheels at the far corners of the body it really has some go-kart like feeling. The interior is good with four doors my passengers are very content and comfortable. My MINI has the leather and cloth bucket seats which have great side bolstering and feeling. The dual sunroof is very cool option and when you don?t want the sun beating down on you there?s a nice sun screen that pulls out for each panel. The upgraded sound system is really nice and there are tech features galore with NAV and the MINI connected iPhone App. The only complaint being the center rail storage feature, it?s very limited in its functionality. It could do a lot better with a more traditional system. Overall I?m very satisfied with my purchase and hope to see MINI continue to keep up the great work!

NEW TO MINI

by MINI4me from Boston on December 2, 2012

Just over a month into the MINI family and luv it. Never though t i would own let alone luv a car this size but I do. Bar far the most FUN veichle I have ever had. Highly recommend this MINI to anyone who is considering it. Only advice is to get the S it makes this whole compact SUV/car crossover make sense.

Just want to jump back in the driver's seat..

by Mav from San Antonio, TX on November 25, 2013

Recently purchased the Countryman S and love everything about the Mini.....everything. I could not ask for a better vehicle. It surpassed every expectation I every had for a car. Can't help but smile when ever I think about driving it.

Most fun in a long time

by droplever from Austin Texas on August 10, 2013

My 2012 S ALL4 Countryman can take all my tool cases and still delivers exceptional performance . I've had an SL500 roadster and ML430 as my last 2 cars and am now hooked on the MINI and won't go back. I downshift and surge through the gears just for fun although I initially bought the MINI for the 30MPG. LOVE IT!

Not just another pretty face.

by classic car lover from texas on June 5, 2012

I love the way my car handles. At first I didnt think it would be enough power but the S has great pick up speed. For city driving you cant beat it. You can maneuver in and out of traffic with ease. I can fit two adults in the back seat comfortably.

A very fun little car

by Frankie from Takoma Park, MD on February 24, 2013

I still can't believe I am driving a Mini Country. I'm glad I step it up to a 'S'. I love the pickup and handling of the car. I can't ask for a better car for my size, is so roomy and comfortable and very stable. I love it.

FUN,FUN

by MINId from Esat coast on November 11, 2013

Been driving the CM for about a year now and still enjoy the ride. I find myself looking for reasons to "go take a drive", I would describe this car as about as much fun you can have in a ride that has 4 doors, is all wheel drive and has carseats in the back. As most people say it has more useable interior space than one would think. Motor on fellow MINI owners...........

DON'T BUY MINI WITHOUT Warranty!

by drewart46 from Lighthouse Point, FL on June 8, 2017

This car was the first and last BMW product that I will ever own. Unreliable, parts fail right after warranty several class action lawsuits have been issued for the water pump, throttle sticking, turbo failing. And their service departments in the many states I have lived in MI, CO, FL all have horrible reputations. Way too pricey for the quality and service you get out of this car. :(

Does not recommend this car!!

So much fun to drive

by Newcomer to the MINI family from Miami, Fl on October 29, 2013

I went from an AUDI A4 2.8 and find more power from this turbo charged 1.6 litter engine than I did previously. The car drives like an european sports car. If you like to feel every bump on the road coupled with responsive steering this one is for you. Mine is a manual 6 speed and would suggest if you know how to drive manual, it is the way to go.

1 2 3 4