2012 Cooper S Countryman

2012 MINI Cooper S Countryman

2012 MINI Cooper S Countryman

4.5

Have You Driven the 2012 MINI Cooper S Countryman?

Wonderful Buggy

by MiniMom from Maryland on Mon Jan 09 2012

So glad we bought another! We had an ALL 4 2011 and liked it so much we bought another. Worth every penny. Its just the right size for us and handles beautifully. We can not wait to get in it everyday day. You will not be sorry if you buy one. Its is not just an everyday car, or SUV, its different and to us that is good! It is a HAPPY car!

Most Exciting & Practical MINI Yet

by SDMINI from San Diego, CA on Tue Mar 27 2012

MINI took a gamble with the Countryman because it went against the traditional size that MINIs typically are. But the Countryman is still a small car at only 161 inches long, it's 2 inches shorter than a VW New Beetle, just as long as a Honda Fit, and a foot and half shorter than a 2012 Toyota Corolla! It's slightly higher ride height gives it a Crossover stance. I find the Countryman gives me the best of both worlds with its size with its ability to fit in small parking spaces and road presence among other motorist. The exterior styling is one of the first things you'll notice with this vehicle. It is truly a unique design among the mainly similar looking modern cars on roads today. It's defiantly a head turner; I get a lot of people asking about it when walking to my parked car. The performance aspect is great. The Turbo with the Cooper S trim is a must with the greater weight of the Countryman. The over-boost Sport button is a nice touch when you know you?re going to need a little extra take-off to pass that giant boat of an SUV on the on-ramp to the freeway. Handling is another strong point of the vehicle with the wheels at the far corners of the body it really has some go-kart like feeling. The interior is good with four doors my passengers are very content and comfortable. My MINI has the leather and cloth bucket seats which have great side bolstering and feeling. The dual sunroof is very cool option and when you don?t want the sun beating down on you there?s a nice sun screen that pulls out for each panel. The upgraded sound system is really nice and there are tech features galore with NAV and the MINI connected iPhone App. The only complaint being the center rail storage feature, it?s very limited in its functionality. It could do a lot better with a more traditional system. Overall I?m very satisfied with my purchase and hope to see MINI continue to keep up the great work!

Most fun in a long time

by droplever from Austin Texas on Sat Aug 10 2013

My 2012 S ALL4 Countryman can take all my tool cases and still delivers exceptional performance . I've had an SL500 roadster and ML430 as my last 2 cars and am now hooked on the MINI and won't go back. I downshift and surge through the gears just for fun although I initially bought the MINI for the 30MPG. LOVE IT!

Just want to jump back in the driver's seat..

by Mav from San Antonio, TX on Mon Nov 25 2013

Recently purchased the Countryman S and love everything about the Mini.....everything. I could not ask for a better vehicle. It surpassed every expectation I every had for a car. Can't help but smile when ever I think about driving it.

NEW TO MINI

by MINI4me from Boston on Sun Dec 02 2012

Just over a month into the MINI family and luv it. Never though t i would own let alone luv a car this size but I do. Bar far the most FUN veichle I have ever had. Highly recommend this MINI to anyone who is considering it. Only advice is to get the S it makes this whole compact SUV/car crossover make sense.

Not just another pretty face.

by classic car lover from texas on Tue Jun 05 2012

I love the way my car handles. At first I didnt think it would be enough power but the S has great pick up speed. For city driving you cant beat it. You can maneuver in and out of traffic with ease. I can fit two adults in the back seat comfortably.

FUN,FUN

by MINId from Esat coast on Mon Nov 11 2013

Been driving the CM for about a year now and still enjoy the ride. I find myself looking for reasons to "go take a drive", I would describe this car as about as much fun you can have in a ride that has 4 doors, is all wheel drive and has carseats in the back. As most people say it has more useable interior space than one would think. Motor on fellow MINI owners...........

A very fun little car

by Frankie from Takoma Park, MD on Sun Feb 24 2013

I still can't believe I am driving a Mini Country. I'm glad I step it up to a 'S'. I love the pickup and handling of the car. I can't ask for a better car for my size, is so roomy and comfortable and very stable. I love it.

Fun Car

by MiniMe from LA, CA on Thu May 30 2013

I switched from a 911S to this car to a Countryman S (trying to be more practical) and absolutely love it. It is way fun to drive and has many more bells and whistles than the Porsche did. Handling is o.k., but pick up is better in this car than most other cars its size. Even after changing from the 911S, I LOVE this car. Fun and funky!

My new favorite MINI

by minichic from Ballston Lake, NY on Fri Apr 05 2013

This car was a HUGE upgrade from my '04 Cooper. MINI's have come a long way in 9 years. I find the Countryman still has that fun to drive feel, but boy, oh boy, do I love the extra room!!!!!! I am still amazed at the amount of cargo I used to cram into my little Cooper, but the Countryman makes it a snap. Best of all, I can actually bring passengers with me now! I bought my Countryman with the All4 system. Bring on the winter weather - I am ready this year! I'm sure you'll read reviews about the center console and hard to use dials and gauges. Since I previously owned a MINI, to me it's not a big deal. I'm already used to looking in the center for everything and I don't find the dials and gauges any more difficult than any other vehicle, once you become accustomed to them. The S turbo is quick and responsive. When you hit the gas, she goes!

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2012 MINI Cooper S Countryman

Editor's note: This review was written in October 2010 about the 2011 Mini Cooper S Countryman. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2012, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

When Mini entered the market in 2002, its Cooper coupe appealed to Americans with its style and size at a time when bigger was still seen as better. That alone would have been enough to bring the brand success, but the car went on to exceed sales expectations because of how it drives.

If Mini's first crossover — the Countryman — succeeds, it will be due more to its style and versatility than for the driving experience for which Minis have... Read More