2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse

EXCELLENT ECONOMICAL SPORTY

by from Arizona on August 13, 2017

BEST CAR EVER OWNED,HAVE HAD MORE THAT 35 VEHICLES OVER THE YEARS, SECOND BEST WAS MY FACTORY ORDERED 1999 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE SPYDER, WITH THE SMALLER 4 CYL. AUTO TRANSMISSION. ONLY ISSUES WITH ONE WERE NORAL WEAR ON TIRES AND BREAKS. AS WITH EVERY VEHICLE I HAVE EVER OWNED, ALL RECOMMENDED SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE WAS ALWAYS DONE, FLUID CHANGES ALWAYS BEING DONE USING BEST QUALITY PRODUCTS. PROBLEMS I EXPERIENCED WITH THE CAR AFTER PURCHASE, WERE ALL RELATED TO VEHICL BEING PARKED AND NOT DRIVEN, THAT WILL ACCELERATE SEAL, BEARING AND OTHER MOVING PARTS MUST BE LUBRICATED TO LAST THE LIFE EXPECTANCY. I WAS 3RD OWNER, PREVIOUS DIED AND ESTATE WAS NOT SETTLED IMMEDIATELY.

Uses car for Havingfun

One of the best cars I've owned

by from Atlanta, Georgia on August 10, 2017

This coupe was a great fit for me. The interior design wasn't too over done and and the cars performance is amazing. Gas mileage on this car is pretty decent and the inside is spacious. The car does sit a little low but it's a fun little coupe.

USED CAR IN ALMOST NEW CONDITION

by from Arizona on August 4, 2017

My second Mitsubishi Spyder. Very reliable, great styling, economical to drive and own, nice road trip vehicle. Purchased it used, replaced everything that was required to keep it in top condition. has severe me well, has served its original purpose , but changes in life, will serve a better purpose to next lucky owner that has a quality used car at a lower than new car cost, savings will be worthwhile.

Uses car for Havingfun

Reliable economical great megs, head turner!

by from Arizona on August 2, 2017

My second Spyder, love the handling, performance, great styling, comfortable ride. If required maintenance is done as per mfg. suggestion, will serve it's owner very well. Timing belt change is critical, if neglected, and it breaks, very expensive engine rebuild will be required.

TRANSMISSION DIED 27 DAYS AFTER BUYING

by on August 1, 2017

Garbage. Transmission needs to be reapaired 27 days after I bought. Was way overpriced to begin with

bubblegum

by from Riverdale Georgia on April 22, 2017

Rides smooth and saves me on gas a lot of go power handles the rode with owner ship and take control of the wheel it talks to your feet while your pedal to the medal brakes a tree stop on a dime

Love these people

by from Wilmot, Ohio on May 16, 2014

Great Service and Great Prices! Very honest about details on vehicle. I will definitely be back to purchase more vehicles.

Really Fun Car

by from Chicago, IL on September 12, 2012

Where to start. I bought my eclipse January 2011. Ive got the fully loaded 01 GT V6. This car will pull very hard in first gear if you use sport tronic. handles well around the on ramps and things like that. Also I like highway driving because the car has good power at the top end and I have gotten up to 140 more than once. I personally don't like city driving because the car doesn't absorb bumps well especially if you get low profiles like me. The exterior and interior are nice, Nothing too special in the inside beside power everything, leather, sunroof, sport tronic trans. Good speakers to rock out with the infinity speakers. As far as reliability I think it may have just been mine but trans did go out at 95K miles. Motor mounts have been replace twice. Headlight harness and wiring is very low grade and WILL melt. My radiator cracked also. EGR Valve had some issues and valve cover gasket has been known to leak oil. The issues I named are common and you can check them out on the club3g forum for Eclipse's 2000-2005. I have a love hate relationship with mine. about 70/30. Super fun when shifting manually. Great pull for a small V6. My dealership has pretty good customer service also with lots of coupons on basic maintenance. Car is OK on gas depending how you drive about 21 mixed and about 320miles on a full tank which is only 14 gallons. I ALWAYS use PREMIUM because thats probably keeping the engine running ok. Keep up with regular maintenance and you should be good.

The 2.4 was great

by from Missouri on January 20, 2012

I bought the 2001 2.4GS and loved it's reliability, but the 2003 3.0 GT i bought after was junk.....

The Ugly Car

by from Omaha, NE on September 21, 2011

I would recommend this vehicle to a friend because, it is ugly! It it probibly a cousin to the prius.

Uses car for Towing