2002 Maxima

2002 Nissan Maxima

$875 - $6,231  MSRP Range
2002 Nissan Maxima

4.4

Have You Driven the 2002 Nissan Maxima?

Best midsize car....

by NISMO4LIFE from CT on Tue Oct 27 2009

I've had 3 maximas and i have to tell you that the 02-03 are the best ones performance wise.Forget Camry or accord the nissan max will smoke them easily and will outlast their V6's. Repairs are normal the 02 sensors,brakes,battery...easy do it urself jobs. DRIVE one and floor the gas pedal

Uses car for Towing

Best Performance & Relaibility from a V-6 Maxima

by Performance Car Specialists from Louisville, KY on Mon Mar 03 2008

I've had this car for 4 years, no problems just regular maintence. And 0-60 times stock are just a shade over 6 seconds. I have 152,738 miles on it and still get 21 city and 28-30 hwy mpg. J D Power Quality ratings are no where near right. I recommend this car to teenagers and adults. Quick acceleration!

Good Car for just about anyone

by Shilo from Dallas, TX on Thu Aug 02 2007

The Maxima that I've had for a little over a year has been a great car. I got it from the original owner with around 85,000. Now I've got 112,000 still runs like it did when I bought it. The only thing I've found with it are the o2 sensors seem to go first if anything is going to fail. All in all its a great car if you have a family or if you're a kid finding a nice car with some get up and go... its a sleeper for sure.

Nice

by Just a Guy from Providence, RI on Sat Apr 17 2010

I bought my 2002 Maxima in 2005. It was a former leased vehicle and it had 20K on it when I bought it. Here it is 5 years later and it now has 128K on it and is still going strong. Max is a very reliable car. It has never let me down. Sure I've had to put a few bucks into it, but nothing major has gone wrong with it. Keep up with the regular maintenance and Maxima will not let you down. I want to keep Max for at least 75K more. If you want a reliable, fun car buy a used Maxima. I love this car!

Mostly Satisfied

by Chuck from Chicago, IL on Mon May 17 2010

Purchased an 02 used with 86k miles on it. So far everything is great besides the suspension and slight vibrations that balancing just cant seem to get rid of. My mothers 97 camry with 300k miles on it handles the road better than mines ! Wasnt for that I would I would give this car six stars on 1-5 rating !As far as the engine.. Greatest V6 I ever drove! very powerful and smooth !

The best car so far

by fasdallas from Apple valley, MN on Fri Jun 12 2009

I bought my 2002 maxima used with 86000 miles. The car is great the speed, gas milage are all great.No problems so far and I love it.

Perfect Car

by AUdi_racing_4_life from Chicago, Il on Wed Jan 24 2007

I have owne d a 2002 Nissan Maxima SE for 4 years. I even bought it used with 30000 miles on it. It has never given me a problem ever since. This is a perfect car. i have always got complments on my car.

My First Car

by ska97 from New Jersey on Mon Apr 23 2018

This was my first car, so I may be a little biased due to sentiment, but it was a solid car. It had a V6 engine, so it got a decent amount of horsepower. It wasn't Mopar, but it still felt like a muscle car. It had a moonroof, a spoiler, power seats, power locks, a decent amount of trunk space. and it had a sporty look to it. It was fairly reliable and would have been even more if the previous owners had taken better care of it. There is one common defect with the car which is the passenger side power window; sometimes, when you roll the window up, it automatically rolls down to halfway on its own. Another common problem with working with a Nissan is that some of the engineerings under the hood can be hard to reach or repair, e.g., changing the spark plugs and ignition coils.

High quality car

by ManhattanMike from New york on Sun Jun 24 2018

This is the second Nissan Maxima I've had in the last 16 years. It's a very good car the problem is I've had to do brake work several times and the handling in the snow is not very good but other than those two items it's a very good car.

Most realiable car I've owned for the price I paid

by AnwarJnr11 from Minnesota on Wed Apr 25 2018

This car met all my needs. Very good acceleration power, V6 engine and will last till over 200,000 miles. That is what I love about Nissan cars, strong, reliable and very long lasting!

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2002 Nissan Maxima

The Maxima used to be Nissan's only four-door sports car, but that role has changed with the advent of the feisty Altima 3.5 SE. The Maxima maintains its station at the top of the product totem, offering a higher level of comfort and performance.

Key to the Maxima's performance is the 255-horsepower, 3.5-liter V-6 engine that is as sweet and powerful as any in production. This engine, also used in various Infiniti products, has been named as one of the "10 Best Engines" by Ward's Auto World for seven consecutive years. It sports continuously variable valve timing, a variable intake system, electronic throttle and a silent timing chain. This engine has well-toned muscles, yet it always feels civilized... Read More