2009 Maxima

2009 Nissan Maxima

2009 Nissan Maxima

Have You Driven the 2009 Nissan Maxima?

Got it all

by All about the power from Middletown, OH on Mon Dec 19 2011

I've owned this vehicle about 2 1/2 months. Glad I didn't settle for a lesser vehicle. Luxury, power, ride & beauty. Gas mileage not so great but knew that going in. Uses premium gas but only 20 cents difference at the pump per gallon. Just had remote start added which was a challenge to find someone capable but works great. If you're looking for a car that meets all of the above, this could be in the running.

great

by van from coopersburg on Thu Nov 08 2012

Wonderful Experience! I can't believe I need to say anything else..There really is nothing to say. It was wonderful! Love my car!

You Just Can't Beat A Nissian Maxima

by Nissian Believer from Glasgow, KY on Thu Apr 04 2013

We absolutely love our newly purchased 2009 Maxima! Our car has lots of really nice options offered like navigation, back up camera, sunroof, blue tooth capability connection, voice activation features, leather seats, and even to our surprise it records your CD's and places them on the hard drive of the car for you to listen to even when you don't have the CD's in the car with you. The only other option that we would have wanted was heated seats and better wheels as ours came with dull alloy wheels and would have wanted the shiny chrome like finish, but all in all we are very pleased. We can't say enough about this car! It rides and drives great with excellent steering and handling! We love the power of the V-6 engine! We test drove the 2009 Maxima's and 2009-2010 Altima's and we would have to say the better ride is the 2009 Maxima as it rode much smoother on a bumpy road and seems to have a better suspension and shock absorbency than the Altima's do. The only other thing we really didn't like was some of the interiors we've seen had the top of the dash being a dark slate type grey and the bottom being camel colored and we didn't really see how these colors went together. We love the dark grey on light grey interior of the one we purchased. This is the ultimate sports car and family car all in one and comfortably fits 4 people. This is by far the best value for our money and are very excited about taking it on vacation as the gas mileage we've been getting is really good for the V-6 engine.

Love this Car!

by Bobbo from Milford on Wed Dec 27 2017

I bought the 2009 used in 2017 but it runs like a new car. Fully loaded SL model feels like a new car. The pickup is powerful and the suspension is tight. Really drives like a sports car.

The Best Max Yet

by Real Estate Agent on the GO from Atlanta, GA on Thu Oct 02 2008

PROS: Loads of GO and loads of toys at an affordable price. Rides well, great fit, fuinsh, visability, love the tech package, great graphics, lighting inside and out, great looking wheels, runs on any gas and getting hi teens mileage (only 1000 miles so far and mostly stop/go driving, so I expect it will improve after break-in and more interstate mileage). I am a real estate agent, so need passenger room and this has it. Had 3 other Maximas ('87, '90, '93) and am SO happy for the reintroduction of the 4-Door Sports Car. Beats the pants off the V6 Altima for not much more money. Loved the Acrura TL, but too small and more money, so '09 Maxima is both a logical and emotional fine decision. Cons: Turning radius was better in my huge Lexus LS 430 I traded for this car. Would like to see power seat/steering retraction at exit, heated seats, 2-person seat memory and dimming side view mirrors without having to buy the Sport or Premium packages. Those should come standard on the SV over the S model. Minor annoyances for an otherwise outstanding car! Overall Review: Nissan is back on track with this car as well as the new Altima and Morano. Hard to downsize from the luxury boat, an '04 Lexus LS 430, but am having a great time with this car. Have had 3 average sized people and one larger guy in the car and no complaints about room which is big with me as this is my second office and my pathway to a paycheck as a Realtor. I do remember the other Maximas I owned and this one is hands down the best built of any of them. Fit/finish nearly as good as the Premium carmakers and well worth the price tag. Love the CVT transmission and lack of transmission "jerk". Put it into Ds mode and it really flies down the road. Navigation graphics are cool, Bluetooth works well, but hate Microsoft prevents my Windows Mobile device from being able to download the whole phonebook of my mobile phone into the car's Bluetooth memory. Overall, it has turned out to be a great decision and I look forward to the stares. "Yep, it's the new Maxima, go get one!!"

Best vehicle I've ever owned

by Joseph W. from Virginia Beach on Wed May 10 2017

I've always liked Nissan vehicles, specifically, the Nissan Maxima. The styling and performance were the main reasons I purchased the vehicle and I don't regret it for one second.

Most enjoyable car to drive that I've owned!

by JP from Vancouver, BC (Canada) on Tue Oct 17 2017

Purchased this vehicle used in April 2017 (8 yo car) with only 75,000+ kms on it. Definitely well taken care of and looks and feels almost brand new. Aggressive body styling and interior design. Has given me no problems (so far)! Powerful car with good gas mileage (considering that it has a V6 engine). Will definitely not my last maxima. The only thing that i hope will be improved in the future is the trunk space (but not a deal breaker for me).

Most reliable car I have owned

by JGatl from Atlanta, GA on Fri Aug 03 2018

This car is smooth! It has excellent handling and horsepower for the mileage. Well maintained and low maintenance fees. Nissan Maximas hold their value and this one is no exception.

More than I expected

by Stufig from Atlanta, GA on Wed Jan 18 2012

I purchased my third Maxima in 15 years, and I got more than I bargained for. I knew it would be reliable but had no idea that the performance and luxury would be so great. I got the panoramic package and love the view. A must have! I rode in my friend's LS 460, and I think I got an incredible car compared to his $55k model. The CVT works out beautifully, and it has plenty of power, but the style inside and out is what I like the best.

EXCELLENT LEASE VEHICLE

by MJM26 from Round Rock, TX on Mon Jul 13 2009

I only lease my cars - 36-39mos max. My last 4 cars have all been Maxima's and although I would recommend the 2009 SV, I am a little disappointed about a few features that were omitted - though might seem minor, were included in my '06 model and are certainly missed. 1) Powered/Retractable side-view mirrors are NOT included in SV - very nice feature when parking in a tight garage. 2) Pop-down sunglass holder above the rear mirror is NOT included. Again, had it and now miss it. 3) Passenger side AC adaptor on the side of the control panel near feet, again - why did Nissan eliminate when it was very convenient. Overall, I am very satisfied with the performance and value, just disappointed with missing features.

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2009 Nissan Maxima

When Nissan introduced the redesigned Maxima to the media, it took pains to emphasize the sedan's back-to-basics approach: It's smaller, nimbler and it's intended to be nothing less than the best-performing front-wheel-drive sedan on the road.

Whether or not the Maxima achieves that is debatable. Absent the Sport Package, the car performs deftly but never tempts you to take the long way to work. The sport-tuned version goes a long way toward fixing this, but given Nissan's target audience for the Maxima — middle-aged men — I suspect ride and cabin quality will matter far more. Nissan scores on both counts; this car feels upstream of the similarly sized Altima. Think of it as a credible alternative... Read More