2011 Nissan Maxima consumer reviews

side view of 2011 Maxima Nissan
Explore the 2011 Nissan Maxima
Shop the 2011 Nissan Maxima

I Drive In Style

Well I get so many complements on my Maxima It is not even funny. I love her or him not sure which one yet, drives like a dream it may not be like a Bentley or huge rr but it gets me to where I need to go at an awesome way so yall can keep those fancy dancy cars u don't drive keep in the driveway and kiss my grits.

Worth the wait

I have wanted a Maxima for 20 years, but was always a few thousand short of being able to afford it. Finally I got a used 2011 Maxima that I could afford with 19K miles on it. I got the base model, as I am not really a fan of leather seats or on-board navigation. So far, I love everything about this car. The ride is great, handling is good, everything is well designer, and the exterior is a stunner with the Ocean Grey color. I'm not crazy about premium gas, but it's not that much of a problem. It remains to be seen how it will handle in the snow (probably great if I gete some snow tires) but this is one sweet ride! This is my 4th Nissan (2 Altimas, and a Pulsar hatchback) and by far, the best one I have owned.

4.4

2011 Maxima SV w/Premium Pkg

Paying almost $30k for a Nissan gave me pause at first, but considering the reliability, styling, outstanding performance, luxurious feel and ambiance, the price is a bargain. Yes I could have purchased the prestigious but unreliable BMW 5 series, Audi or Mercedes and I would have gotten the same features but paid much more. Totally unacceptable to me. Plus people don't snob you while driving the Max like they do BMW's and Mercs. (It's the 'oh you think you're better because you drive a BMW or Merc???") Accelleration is outstanding in sport mode as long as you use Premium gas. 87 octane is the minimum allowed (contrary to what others have said) but you'll notice decreased power. The Bose system is outstanding, as expected. Sometimes I head to the garage to listen to my favorite tunes. So far I've found the best seat to be the right rear seat where the passenger gets a beautiful view of the driver's ergonomic instrument cluster, dash, and vibrant acoustics of the BOSE system. The panoramic roof adds to the ambiance of the rear passengers. From every angle the exterior is simply beautiful. Who ever designed this auto did an excellent job. I actually think they copied the BMW as I find the performance to be similar to the 5 Series, especially the steering which is very precise. The car is a total joy to drive and I find myself looking for reasons to run errands. Hopefully the Maxima will continue to uphold the Nissan brands reliable reputation. This car is a true winner!

3.9

Maxima Maxims

I bought a 2011 Nissan Maxima SV a few months ago. It had 10,000 miles on it or so and is totally loaded. It's got the navigation and leather seats. Cruise, dual sunroof - however the rear one does not open. It's got a rear spoiler and heated/cooled front drivers seat. The front passenger seat is heated also but not cooled. So far so good - the performance of the engine is so much better than my prior car which was a 2004 Honda Accord 4 banger. I love the acceleration off the line and the handling - it has 18" wheels whereas my Accord's were 16 I think. I drive about 58 miles a day to and from work and love the comfort, options, audio system, heated/cooled seats etc. etc. I really could do without the push button start - it seems a bit gimmicky to me but it is not a deal killer. Mileage has been 25 or so per gallon and when I drive aggressively I can tell at the pump. I had a little Honda Civic looking car that was totally modified to the gills blow my doors off at one point off the line and was surprised. When you put this car in the "Sport" mode it is tough to beat but you can tell it is heavy and that makes the 290 horse engine work a bit harder at times. Overall I am very happy with the purchase so far and would recommend this car to friends.

I like it, but I don't love it

Pros - The exterior is very striking. Definitely gets its share of double takes. I have the Crimson Black paint which I love, and it comes with burgundy stitching on the supple leather seats (very luxurious).The interior is spacious. The CVT transmission is FUN, but you need to keep at minimum MidGrade gasoline to enjoy the pep. One of my favorite features is the Bose system, it definitely stands apart from other stock stereos. There is an MP3 jack in the dash and two power outlets for your entertainment and charging purposes. It does have a cd changer, but I don't really know anyone that listens to CD's anymore (see my comment on the lack of Bluetooth Audio). Cons- I am not thrilled with the options that came on my SV. It does not have Bluetooth Audio or heated/cooled seats. I didn't realize that the SV was so baseline! It is a stock car with Bose stereo, leather, and sunroof.... don't expect anything else. I traded a fully loaded American made car that I paid half as much as I did for my Maxima, and in the end I was disappointed. I would've shopped around more had I realized the egregious amount of money I would've had to spend for a comparable Maxima. The gas mileage is not the worst I've ever seen, but it can definitely burn gas on par with some SUVs in my normal city/highway driving. The gas mileage is considerably better for strict highway driving, I averaged 32 mpg on an interstate roadtrip. City driving or driving on winding steep roads is draining, I can expect 18 mpg with my normal day to day driving in the north Georgia foothills. In conclusion, it is a sporty and fun sedan. Very youthful but classy at the same time. For the money it would take to acquire the bells and whistles I will probably shop other brands next time. I don't think it lives up to its hefty price tag.

2011 Maxima Preimum with Monitor & Cold Pkg

Outstanding highway mileage...between 27 and 29 MPG. Depends if the highway is hilly or even. City mileage is around 20-22. Love it...however the interior extra storage space is not enough. for me personally. The auto entry/exit system is very "kool"...as is the dual pane sunroof. Definite recommend to anyone - they are pricy!

Loving it!

Fun car to drive. Best deal out of all the cars I looked at. Got a great deal on a fully loaded premium Max. Could have afforded a luxury car, but I could care less about driving a "look at me" prestige brand. It's all about how the car drives and what features it has. The max had the most for the money. I bought a 1996 Maxima back when it was brand new and drove that car for twelve years without a problem until it was totaled. Loved that car and so thrilled to be the owner of another reliable Nisssan Maxima. Some of the best features are the heating steering wheel and double moonroof. Great car.

Beautiful car

we purchased this car for my wife. Loved the look feel and perfermance. Wonderful little feature is the blue tooth link to my wifes phone. It is truly hands free . The system does a good job of understanding voice commands, Also the ride is good. Over all it is a fine car.

Best Car Ive Ever Owned

THIS CAR IS LITERALLY UNBELIEVABLE I LOVE THIS CAR THE POWER IS THERE WHEN YOU NEED IT THE PADDLE SHIFTERS ARE SO MUCH MORE FUN TOO DRIVE WITH AND THE HANDLING IS GREAT I LOVE THE BOSE STEREO SYSTEM AND SPOILER GIVES THE CAR SUCH A SPORTY LOOK AND IT BEATS THE PRICES FOR THE ACURA AND INFINITI BY FAR YOU GET MORE FOR YOUR MONEY!!!!

I love my "Max"!

We were in the market for a new car. We have had Nissan trucks that performed well and that we liked, but never a Nissan car. Drove the Maxima, loved the sports car feel of the drive and look of the car. It's a good combination of sportiness and luxury with all the bells and whistles. Have always gotten great service from the Nissan delearship. We expect to have this car a long time - it's got a great classic look.