2008 Pathfinder

4.4 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.4 out of 5 starsReliability

best money ever spent

by smitty joe from MO. on March 24, 2010

My wife is on her third Pathfinder and wouldn't have anything else. First one was a '87 and we put 360K on it with very little trouble. Her second was a '96 and she put 260K on it and it was never in the shop for anything but routine maint. The one she has now is a '08 and she is happier than ever. We are retired so having a good reliable car is very important. Also keeping the wife happy is important.

Excellent buy- Recommend to anyone!

by Chris from Warrington PA on January 18, 2011

I purchased the LE style. I love everything about this car. Very smooth and comfortable. Plenty of space inside. Awesome features. GPS and voice activation seem to be very accurate. Granted I've only owned the car since October, but I expect it to continue to be an excellent experience. Only draw back is that the gas mileage seems to be less than advertised. I do a good amount of city driving, which is probably the cause, but I've had weeks that were 12-13 mpg.

So reliable, great ski vehicle

by joe from colorado on October 25, 2009

I love my pathfinder v8! It's amazing in the snow and really has a lot of space for a midsize suv. The big v8 in the smaller pathfinder is well worth it. It performs like a sports car but has the off road ability. Gas mileage is better than expected. I get about 14-15 in the city and 18-20 on the highway. Well worth the v8 for only 2mpg difference. I love the options, great reliability and it's not huge like bigger v8 SUVS so you can park it and wife loves it for this reason. Just the right space inside and out.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Great suv

by bill from utah on October 25, 2009

I have had my v8 pathfinder for about 2 yrs now and no problems. I have read about the few issues that other people were having and it seems to be only the v6 model. My v8 is amaazing, shifts great, sturdy and tons of storage space. It's great in the snow, handles well in rough driving conditions and I am always the first up to the ski slopes. I drove a few other cars, like the toyota 4runner and there was no comparison. More power, more space, more comfortable seats, more and better options.

Tremendous Value for the money

by Pathfinder Fan from Houston TX on March 7, 2008

The SE with the premium and leather package is quite impressive. The Bose radio system and available integrated XM radio make the commute enjoyable. I have seen some reviews complain about a tight fit in the back seat for adults. There is ample room and the seats recline for more comfort. I did add the side air bag feature which is fairly standard. This is has an impressive profile and the interior is well put together. Some may say there is not enough HP but if you want to drive fast get a sports car. Getting on the highway is no problem for this vehicle. Acceleration is firm and powerful. The available third row seating is most flexible that have seen. The ride is not as refined as the luxury SUVs. If you want great value and a solid combo of versatility and amenities, the pathfinder delivers.

Good looking SUV but less performance

by PATHY LOVER from houston on December 23, 2007

Like the look but as a reviewer posted it earlier,it's tranmission doing good during the test drive but after own it a while the tranmission has a poor upshift/downshift performance at 35 to 45 mph.Technician at nissan could't fix it !!?HOPE NISSAN HEAR IT LOUD AND DO SOMETHING.

Does not recommend this car!!

The Most Fun To Drive, Handsome SUV And Powerful.

by Indy from Aliso Viejo, Orange County, CA. on March 3, 2008

Maybe I'm too soon to give a lots of good point about this SUV. I have Pathfinder SE with leather package, 10 BOSE speakers, Sunroof and reverse camera. All I can say so far that this car is "Awesome". I've been thinking to have Nissan Armada, it was a dream car for me but since it has V8 engine and price of gasoline now kind of crazy and unpredictable, so I have to consider a lot of thing and I'm so happy with my decision . Powerful enough with 4.0 V6 engine, 266 horsepower, great handling and quiet. All the optional make this SUV look sophisticated and good looking. And also I just got 22" rims in it make this car even more great looking, honestly everywhere I go and park the car, wow... this car got a lot of attention from people. And the 2008 version, the trunk door has curve bump that almost like Armada. The interiors is beautiful with a lot of features and kind of computerized and it's totally different from 2007 model. I think if it's still the same with the previous models, pretty sure I'm not gonna buy it. Sorry... but I saw my friend has 2006 model and the interiors look so "Cheap", so plasticy. Here are some of SUV we looked and tried before we bought our car, Nissan Armada which is way too big, Mazda Cx9... I like this one too but the car look so polite almost like sedan or wagon from my opinion, Honda Pilot is more like a soccer moms car or even Toyota 4Runner which is ridiculously have face to face third row seat that make passenger who sit on the back get cramp. So after we did a lot of comparison to some different SUV, all and all, we are very happy with this Pathfinder. We also hope that you guys have the same feeling like us after you buy Nissan Pathfinder 2008, and we think you will.... good luck!

Great Value

by Tom from Ct on April 28, 2008

I bought a 2008 in Jan, the features are out of this world, every gadget you will need. The cab is quiet, a little smaller than my 06 Pilot but enough room for my family. I would suggest this SUV to people looking to buy a Infiniti FX. It has more room but the same features

Great SUV

by m from Winnipeg, Canada on December 5, 2011

have wanted a Pathfinder for years and finally bit the bullet! Great unit. everything I expected including less than stellar gas mileage but if it is mileage you are looking for you are looking in the wrong class of SUV. Drawbacks - not many except that the passenger seat is terrible for sleeping on those long journeys. Very uncomfortable headrest. Apart from that...well designed. Nice ride. Lots of power.

Solid performer

by Oly Pathfinder from Olympia, WA on September 29, 2014

Have only had the vehicle for a month. Drives well but has a bigger feel than I expected. Inside spaces and features are plentiful and well done. This is an SE and has dual climate control, moon roof and premium sound. Seats are easy to fold down for carrying items. The third seat is small, two seats, but at least there is an option to carry 6 passengers in addition to the driver. It seems like the Pathfinders all come with a roof rack with adjustable crossbars and a trailer hitch and lights. I looked at other similar SUVs and so many of those did not have those features and would have needed to be added. Gas mileage is pretty much as listed. I can get close to 22 mpg on the highway.

1 2 3 4 5