2013 Pathfinder

4.4 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.1 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
3.9 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Best decision we could have made

by CFAM from Arizona on March 24, 2013

We test drove the 2013 Traverse and the Durango and almost bought one of the two until we drove the pathfinder. I was set on the Traverse and my wife wanted the Durango. Well the Pathfinder won us both over. Very comfortable ride and looks great. We never even considered this vehicle since the old version was not something we though looked very good. So Nissan really did a great job redesigning the new 2013 Pathfinder. Rides so smooth and had all the safety features we were looking for and then some and has plenty of room for the family and friends. Great buy... .

Bad CVT

by Platinum Buyer from Orlando, FL on July 17, 2013

I purchased a brand new Platinum Pathfinder Premium for 46,000. In less than 3,000 miles the dealer had to change the Torque converter that took quite some time to get. After I finally got that done the very next day they tell me they need to change the entire transmission. Have been to dealer 7 times for the same problem. All they can tell me is they are sorry and there is nothing they can do until Nissan comes up with a fix. REED NISSAN in Orlando, FL where I purchased was absolutely no help in this matter! I had to do everything on my own to deal with Nissan corporate when REED turns their back on customers.

Great Family Vehicle

by cbamjr from MA on March 19, 2013

"Nissan hit the family vehicle mark with the redesigned Pathfinder. We had the following constraints when searching for a new vehicle to replace our 1997 Volvo 850 Wagon: 1) Vehicle Safety, 2) Fit a family of six comfortably, 3) Get good gas mileage, 4) Not be a minivan. We looked at ALL of the mid-sized three-row CUVs on the market. Because the 2013 Pathfinder is a new model we used the recently completed Infinity JX35 crash test results for safety (the cars are very similar in design and are made on the same assembly line in TN). Many models (including most of the premium brands) were knocked-off the list because the third-row did not fit a 6? person without their head hitting the roof. The vehicles that made it through the third-row room filter were the GM (Traverse, Acadia, Enclave family of vehicles), the Toyota Highlander (borderline, headroom in 3rd row), the Honda Pilot, and the Nissan Pathfinder. Of these vehicles the Pathfinder provided the best gas mileage. I believe the key to the high mileage is the CVT. We have the SV model with 4WD and have averaged over 26 mpg on the highway (traveling at 70 mph) and average ~24 mpg driving around our rural town. The car is the quietest car I have ever driven, is extremely comfortable on the road, and has a very solid feel. I have not noticed any of the transmission issues that others have reported. The interior is well designed and practical. Rearview visibility is poor, but the rearview camera alleviates this concern, you do need to keep the camera lens clean in wet or snowy weather (we have driven the vehicle in both.) I would strongly recommend giving this car a hard look if you need a practical 6+ passenger family vehicle with good comfort and mileage. We are looking forward to many years in this vehicle and hope that our initial extremely favorable impression of this car continues."

My New 2013 Nissan Pathfinder

by firetaz807 from Central Illinois on December 16, 2012

My wife and I just purchased our first Nissan Pathfinder SL AWD on 12/11/12. This my wife's 6th Nissan, and my 3rd. We have owned two Altimas, and an Murano. We had problems with the Murano. This is our first "new" Nissan. I like the comfort in the ride, it reminds me of the the Murano when we first purchased it. The extra row of seating, or when folded down storage impressed me. The dash is easier to see than our old Murano. The wider rear doors allows us to get our Aunt Rita in easier. I look forward to towing something in the future. I am very impressed and I would buy it again.

It's about, "What You Get For The Money"

by GMan from Roanoke, VA on February 11, 2013

When researching buying a new car, we found that doing your homework really matters here. After test driving and going through extensive specs and different trim levels we found the 2013 Nissan Pathfinder 4X4 with the Platinum trim level to be the overwhelming choice. Nissan has really done their homework when redesigning the Pathfinder. It seams that everything has been adressed from comfort, convenience and performance. This is by far the best all around SUV I have ever owned. I loved the one I bought for my wife so much that 1 month later I bought myself one. If you have heavy hauling to do this is not the vehicle for you, but you can tow up to 5000 lbs. and the interior space is enormous. Also being able to seat up to seven is great and even the back seats, although a little cramped, are fairly comfortable and will accomodate small children with ease while allowing 3 adults in the 2nd row. 2nd row also has seat warmers and the front has heated and cooled seats, 3 settings for each, and even a heated steering wheel. The surround camera is amazing, for those of you that don't think you need it you will find that it is great even if it's just to keep from scraping your wheels on the curb. Needless to say that my wife and I are extremely happy with our Pathfinders but realize that we both gave up premium vehicles to be able to enjoy our rides to work each day and have lots of fun and travel opportunities reguadless of the weather, all while getting the great fuel milage this vehicle offers. I hope this helps with your decision making. Garry

carefull with it in the mountain states

by Ken from New Mexico on March 19, 2014

It is comfortable, and smooth. The stability control is a little over protective, and it has major blind spots, we had to remove the second row headrests in order to see out the back. We lucked out and didn't have the Judder/stutter problem, but what we did experience could be worse. Apparently below about 20 miles an hour the transmission will not downshift when you put it into low, so far Nissan corporate has not even acknowledged the issue even with the dealership techs confirming it.

Uses car for Towing

Transmission problems!

by axemaddock from Texas on August 22, 2013

Avoid buying this car until Nissan develops and fields an effective fix for "shuddering" while driving. Reference Nissan's Pathfinder Facebook page to see accounts of transmission problems and ineffective repair efforts. Ignoring the driveability problems, we like our Pathfinder. We purchased it early in 2013 and liked its features. However, since it has developed the transmission "shuddering," we are worried about continued reliability and safety.

More is not better

by 13 Nissan Cars - No more from New York, NY on February 12, 2014

Leased the Platinum with all the trim and options. Problem is, the more options, the more options that do not work. Middle row heated seats, do not work. Heated side mirrors do not work. Even the rear window washer fluid dispenser does not work. Middle row "easy" glide seat operation is far from easy. Then get a recall about the ABS brakes now working correctly under certain road conditions. Once again, is this a 4WD SUV? People with normal lives do not have time to go to a dealership and have them waste your day to repair it. Throw in the fact that NissanUSA and its dealers do not offer loaners (without having to pay), really makes it worse. I called Nissan Consumer just to vent and let them know after 13 Nissan vehicles, its time for me to move on. Audi here I come, i just have to wait 2 years.

Eddie's Pathfinder

by Eddie's Pathfinder from long island, new york on August 7, 2013

extremely comfortable, great styling, draws a lot of attention. The leather is really nice and the wood grain brings out the rich look of the interior. Handles better than expected for a big vehicle. has good road manors. The little features blue tooth, great sound system, back up cameras, make driving a joy.

Pathfinder 2013

by prav from Jersey on August 14, 2013

Ok Pathfinder was not my first choice I was looking at Grand Cherokee/Explorer/Highlander. But after the test drive, I couldn't believe how smooth the pathfinder was compared to others. The last row is actually for adults compared to explorer or highlander. Also I feel we got lot more for our money. We bought the SL with sunroof/moonroof/dvd package. Grand Cherokee/highlander would have cost us much more for that same options.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11