2008 Rogue

2008 Nissan Rogue

2008 Nissan Rogue

4.3

Have You Driven the 2008 Nissan Rogue?

Meets all our needs.

by LGB from Anthem, AZ on Sun Jun 10 2012

We are retired senior citizens and this vehicle seems to meet allour needs for safety, comfort, ecomony, and on and off roadability. We just bought this vehicle and it is really fun to drive. It feels solid and responsive and it has enough gitty-up to get you in and out of tight spots when needed. We are planning a lot of long driving trips with it.

Nissan Rogue - BEST Small SUV Crossover!

by Jimbo Teacher from Chalfont PA on Sun Aug 10 2008

I recently purchased a 2008 Orange Nissan Rogue. After driving a Forester, Patriot, Matrix, Compass, and Rav4. I discovered that the Rogue is more refined and fit and finish is excellent. The other cars cannot compare. The strengths of the rogue are - Driver's room, engine, safety features, convienience features, radio, bluetooth/car computer keyless system, comfortable seats. The weaknesses are no body side moldings, rear cargo space, no compass no heated mirrors without leather package and rear visibility is compromised. No car has everything but I must say the Rogue is great for the money. It is a refined car & with AWD I get over 30MPG highway. I feel I made the smartest choice out of all the cars offered.

Baby Rogue makes 3...Nissans!

by aeon Art from Greater NW Chicago on Sun Apr 27 2014

You know you love a vehicle when in the process of buying an Xterra (to replace a recently totaled collision, :() you stumble across a pristine Rogue you absolutely cannot walk away from. My "new" gem is a 2008 Rogue SL, one-owner vehicle with 77K miles on her and loaded to the hilt with all kinds of little luxuries (the ONLY way to buy a used car in my opinion), like Bose Sound System, the crazy CVT transmission that lets you change from Automatic to paddle-on the wheel shifting, Bluetooth, Cruise Control, Sunroof, and let's not forget the 17" upgraded Alloy Wheels! I LOVE THIS CAR! In fact, if I'm not careful, I'm going to find myself holding some speeding papers she's got such a sneaky Get Up and GONE performance. You will not regret purchasing this vehicle. My only complaint is the 21 mpg but I'm willing to look the other way for everything else my "Fiona" offers. (Yeah, I did. I named her Fiona. What of it?) Drive one, and I dare you not to fall in love too.

Great Crossover SUV From Nissan

by Dave from Honolulu, HI on Mon Jun 16 2008

I've owned my Rogue for almost 6 months now, and it's been great. I live on the island of Oahu, HI and took my Rogue with me on the superferry over to Maui for a short trip. We drove up the road to the island crater's peak, which was 10,023 ft elevation. The handling going to and from the summit was excellent. That's where the paddle shifters come in handy, I barley had to hit the brakes going downhill at all. The gas mileage has been 22-26 mpg, mostly all city driving and it's just a really great car to drive. It's a shame gas costs so much right now, I would love to do more recreational driving. It was well worth the cost, and I recommend it for anyone looking for something new.

A Superior Vehicle

by Brittany from St. James, Missouri on Mon Feb 25 2008

I drove one of these as a demo for a few days. It was so convenient getting my baby and the carseat in and out of the back seat. I was not bumping my head like I usually do in my little car. I live in Missouri and I drove it when we got the bad ice/snow storms. I had never drove a vehicle like this and I was quite scared to drive in the conditions especially since the Rogue wasn't mine. I will admit, that was the best ride of my life even since the weather was horrible! I didn't slide or get stuck! I was so happy! I would honestly recommend this to anyone who likes a vehicle with lots of room and if you drive in all kinds of weather conditions because this is a good choice to have.

Fun Car

by stars_fan45 from NRH, Tx on Sun Feb 03 2008

Just purchased this SUV, and I love it. The styling is great and it handles better than any SUV I've ever owned/driven. Awesome car!!!

WOW!!! Best handling XUV on the market!!!

by tsar from Miami, FL on Thu Oct 18 2007

I purchased the AWD SL version in black with a black leather interior. I added all the bells and whistles as options to the car and it ROCKS! When I went to pick it up in the showroom, there was a crowd of people surrounding it. It is a show stopper! My favorite thing with this car is the bluetooth integration. I love being able to make calls from the car thru voice activation. It has NEVER confused a command I speak or get a number wrong when I speak to it. The leather interior is flawless. You have as much leg room in the back seat as the front. I also love the fact that the glove box is big enough for a laptop if you so wish. The ride is a bit rougher than I expected. My other car is a 2005 Jetta GSL turbo 6 speed manual transmission. This car has a little less power it seems, but still plenty to keep me happy. Dont believe the reviews that say this car does not have the option for power seats. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the drivers side seat is powered. Also my seats are heated, but I dont expect to use this option here in South Florida! I would like to see the onboard computer a little easier to navigate. The one on my Jetta was super easy to see MPG, etc. This one is a bit tougher to coordinate. Hopefully there is a trick that Im missing. Id like to be able to change the readings from the steering wheel, not by pressing the thing on the dash behind the wheel. This is a bit clumsy, but again I could be missing something here. This car is a great car. Its only 5 inches shorter than the Murano, which isnt even being made for 2008 I hear from my salesman so that the Rogue will get all the spotlight. A side-by-side comparison showed little differences. However optioned out the same, I saved $12K by purchasing the Rogue. That sealed the deal for me. You can count on the Murano being re-designed for 2009, so the Rogue is a much better deal than an '07 Murano when considering depreciation.

I'd marry it if I wasn't already married

by Mr. Rogue from Los Angeles, CA on Thu Jan 17 2008

I got this on New Year's Day and it couldn't be a better way to start the year. I'm pretty practical about cars in general - owned the same car for 12 years and it still runs well - and this is certainly a practical car on many levels... but the excitement and joy every time I get to drive it, is really something. I have an hour long commute in LA traffic, and this makes it a pleasure. It handles brilliantly, sits high, is so comfortable, the dashboard controls are perfectly sized and laid out, the stereo sounds great (plus I got 3 months of XM free, which is fun to try out), it's spacious but not a huge tank, the cargo space is perfect for my needs. I get a LOT of compliments on the exterior, the color (indigo blue), the interior. I've been talking about it so much, my coworkers are probably sick of it. Gas mileage is excellent - I expected 18 or 19 as I am stuck in very heavy traffic daily, but the trip monitor is showing 23MPG average, which is a real pleasant surprise. The price was nice too - I'm paying a comparable amount per month as I did for my old car 12 years ago, and it's a major upgrade. I couldn't recommend this vehicle enough. It satisfies all my practical needs, but gives me a thrill every time I see it.

Very reasonable car

by NISMO ROGUE from MPLS on Thu Oct 11 2007

Nissan's brain trust did a great thing with this XUV. Nothing was over-done or under-done. for instance why put a v6 in this, it's got decent power for a 2.5 I4 and and with the I4 you get great gas mileage, it could always be better, but then you'd give up the power that you'd probably want for hauling larger objects. Go give this XUV a test drive if you're even considering any AWD or 4WD mid-size vehicle and you'll probably end up buying this one. Oh and the one thing that blew our minds away was the handling. We test drove our ROGUE in a heavy rain and it never lost its grip!

LOVE IT

by Rogue Driver from IL on Thu Jul 10 2008

The Rogue is an amazing value and it rides beautifully. i was initially considering the Murano...but for all you get in the Rogue, the additional expense of the Murano was very unappealing after i test drove the Rogue.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2008 Nissan Rogue

For years, Nissan has sat and watched from the sidelines as Honda, Ford and Toyota have ruled the compact SUV segment. Now the Japanese company is jumping into the game with its all-new Rogue, a car that, even in its rookie season, seems ready for the pro-bowl.

Styling
If I see one more SUV with sharp, upswept rear-quarter windows, I'll know it's time to start applying for jobs in automakers' design departments, seeing as they obviously can't come up with anything better. The Rogue is yet another victim of this hackneyed design, but surprisingly the generic profile glass doesn't lead to significant blind spots here like it does in some competitors. Besides the bland styling in the car's profile, the... Read More