Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2007 Versa

2007 Nissan Versa

2007 Nissan Versa

4.2

4 out of 5 stars Performance

Have You Driven the 2007 Nissan Versa?

My Versa

by MGW from Seymour, CT on Sun Dec 21 2008

Pros: ; Intellikey!, handling; steering wheel controls for cruise, bluetooth and radio controls; full body side colors, flaired design for tail lights, easy parking, sunglass holder, sun-roof, extra visability via mini-windows in front of side mirrors, split-fold down seats, quietness for 4 cylinder; wife loves it!, 6 Cd Changer; speed senstive volume control, hands free Memo Pad option Cons: gas mileage not as expected or rated in spite of good driving habits; could use more space in the between-seat compartment, would be nice if Intellekey opened rear doors as well; gear selector can accidentally be put in low gear alot - needs some sort of extra stop mechanism; tire pressure gauge - too sensitive, especially due to cold weather; hands-free memo pad - needs more recording space, high performance tires - needed to be changed at only 20,000 miles - very low mileage for this to happen even if proper maintanance was not performed by prior owner.

Driving this car around for 3 weeks now.

by Itasca from Itasca, IL on Mon Jul 17 2006

And I must say that I am very happy with my purchase. Car has some very nice features including Bluetooth package and MP3 Audio jack and 6CD in dash changer with capabilities to play CDs burned in MP3 format; you can burn over 110 music files per CD so its like having a mini juke box in your car with over 650+ music tracks. Blutooth works great I have paired both Motorola RAZR and Motorola V195 to the car and it works flawless. And setting up Bluetooth was a breeze.. within minutes I was able to place my first call... best thing is if you know the number you can dial it using voice dial feature built in to this car. Brakes are great and the feel to it is just right... not too soft of a pedal. Driving around town and parking car in tight spot such as Chicago downtown and uptown area didnt seem to be a problem. Its a great car if you have couple of kids and you live in city. And Gas being in Chicago hovering right around $3.25 a gallon I am glad I choose a more fuel efficient car. Although its rated at 36 Miles a gallon I am getting right around 32 miles a gallon on average .. which is not bad considering I am using A/C a little bit. CVT transmission is smooth and is very well balanced to the 120HP engine; feels quite peppy. Whats nice about the Bluetooth package is you cant lock your Keys inside the car .. if you leave your keys inside the car doors wont lock (doors will shut but will not lock). And not to mention that as long as you have the Smart / Bluetooth key in your pocket you can unlock the door and start your car without needing to remove keys from your pocket... over all an excellent feature rich car for its price. Oh and same goes when you like to make a phone call ... your phone can be in your pocket or purse and using the button provided on steering wheel you can dial a number without even taking the phone out ... as a matter of fact you can leave the phone in your briefcase in trunk and still be able to make a call. Bluetooth works quite well. Sound system is quite decent .. I dont have the upgraded speakers but the ones that comes factory installed are quite decent and sounds great. All in all its a great car to have to get you around town.

My Classy Ride

by Fireball from Daytona Beach, Fl. on Thu Dec 28 2006

After 9.000 miles and no problems, I feel as though I can give my thumbs up for this vehicle, a Versa SL 1.8 w/the CVT ! I am a bit disappointed with the fuel mileage. I have driven the car from Hartford, CT. thru the hills of Scranton, PA. on I-81 down through the eastern states on I-95, then onto I-4 to Tampa-St. Petersburg, FL. All of the freeway driving on cruise control and I still only averaged 31 mpg. I am very pleased the the car after trading in a 2002 Nissan Maxima w/75,000 miles on it. The Versa is much more "fun" to drive; tracks better and handles much better than the Max. I average about 375 miles before the low fuel light comes on and then I have about one and a half gallons left to get to the next station. My major concern was to be able to get around in comfrot, with good fuel mileage and respectful handling. I got them all. Last but not least, I also opted for the ABS brakes; mandatory in my book.

Doesn't get the stated mileage

by Mary from Minnesota on Sun Jul 22 2007

With over 14,000 miles on our 2007 Versa Hatchback with CVT we have only gotten better than 30 mpg on 2 tanks of gas. We have taken several trips of 300 to 400 miles and got 32 mpg once and 31 mpg once. With mixed city and highway driving we get 26-28 mpg. We are very disappointed. We were getting 40 mpg in our 99 Corolla with over 200,000 miles on it. Two different dealers have told us there is nothing wrong with the car. We like the interior space and handling.

Does not recommend this car!!

I Love this Car

by A commuter from Richmond BC on Wed Sep 17 2008

I have been driving a 2007 Versa for over one year. For its size class and price it is fabulous! Excellent for commuting. I bought the tech package and the stereo system if by far the best I have every had in a car. The hands free phone is great (although the mic is poor - doesn't pick up voice very well so I have to shout). The interior seems larger than most cars in larger class sizes. It is so quiet, a friend that I gave a ride thought it was an electric car. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants an reliable, comfortable economy car.

I love this car.

by Y. Mohamed from Milwaukee, WI on Tue Jul 08 2008

Well, I like this car alot. The interior and exterior is excellent. Engine is quite. The inside is spacious, luxurious and smooth. I like the hatch back style. Sound system is amazing. Alot of leg room. All my friends were impressed by the interior. It is muct better than an aveo or a yaris. Accelration is impressive. However I do not like the following: 1- Gas milage is good but not great. 2- front seats are designed for slim people. 3- It is very difficult to check the blind spot when you are driving this car. After all, I would still recommend it and if time goes back I would buy it again and again and again. 4- The car make wide turns.

Best little car I have ever owned

by Od Doc from Bradenton, FL on Fri Oct 26 2007

I have driven "compact" cars for years. THe Versa 1.8SL performs well, has lots of bells & whistles, gets 35 mpg on the road, 30 in the city. Best of all, it's priced right - way below its competitors.

Pretty Good Little Car

by Love little Cars from Rochester, NY on Wed Feb 23 2011

I wanted something that was great on gas....well I kind of got that. It's good on gas but not great for a compact size car. It could be better. I have no complaints on the drive of the car, fun to drive and I love the look of it, great interior too. Not the best in the snow, but it not the worst I have ever had either. Overall I like the car and plan on having it much longer.

I am loving this car

by Hatchback lover from Seattle, WA on Tue Apr 17 2007

I wanted to downsize from my beloved Subaru Outback '03 for easier parking/maneuvering and better gas mileage/emissions. Bought a Ford Focus ZX5 last year, but as time went on it felt noisy and cheap (the Focus engine is great, however, and it is really fun to maneuver in.) I took my time and test drove just about every other 5 door hatchback on the market: Aveo, Malibu Maxx, Caliber, Golf, Rabbit, Fit, Elantra, Rio, Scion, Impreza, Suzuki SX4, and Audi 3. The only car that was quieter than the Versa was the Audi 3 and it was $10,000 more in price and actually felt cramped inside. I got a Versa SL with everything except ABS and fog lights. Love the upgrade stereo, cruise control on the steering wheel, Smart Key (amazing how quickly I got used to not having to take the key out of my pocket!), and sunroof (never had one before, it's fun.) Feels like a much more expensive car than it is! The engine is so quiet when idling I have acidentally left the car running when I got out of it. Fortunately, it beeps when you close the door if the engine is running or the headlights are on. The only things I don't love: cargo area is smaller than Fit and Focus, seats could use more back support, and the cargo area cover is lame. Also, back seats fold down, but don't make a flat bottom for cargo area. (If you need versality for hauling stuff in a small car, the Honda Fit is a work of genius.) Finally, the gas mileage is well below sticker, I drive 90% in city and am averaging only 23 miles/gallon on 3 tanks so far. Hope it will go up as car breaks in, but not counting on it. The Versa interior layout is great, very comfortable, roomy, QUIET, feels like a much bigger car. I would have no trouble putting friends in the back seat for a road trip, lot of space back there. Although when I tested the new Suzuki SX4 I liked the ability to switch from 2wheel to 4wheel drive option, and I liked the interior space, layout and visibility, it was still very noisy, and like the Focus, ultimately it felt cheap. Overall, I absolutely love my Versa.

GOOD BUY

by T from Jamaica on Thu Aug 14 2014

The 2007 Nissan versa was my first car. What I liked: speed, comfort, exterior and interior look, minimal repairs, space, the handle /drive, my kids liked the 4wd . I learnt to drive from this car and it was very good to a first time driver. What I did not like: - the location of the purge canister, it came off somehow, fuel consumption went sky high, replaced it and fuel consumption went back to normal -the spoiler is a little low , it was consistently tearing down when I drove over the curb wall in the parking slot -started making a strange noise when I press the gas pedal, very annoying - adjusting the rear view mirror, there is a blind spot that gave me problems sometimes I sold the car a few weeks ago at a mileage of 635000. The new owner liked it . I bought the car used in Dec. 2012. It was little hard for me to let go but I had little choice . If I was not a new driver who wants to experience other types of cars I would buy a newer versa . It is a worthwhile buy once in good condition. I am not a expert on cars, I know very little about cars, just learning really. But those were some of my experiences.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2007 Nissan Versa

Nissan has a new name on the block: Versa. I'm always intrigued by the names manufacturers select for their vehicles: LeSabre, Corolla, Passat. What do they mean? I'm guessing "Versa" is meant to imply "versatile," but often my experience driving this little offering from Nissan more closely resembled "versus." Don't get me wrong; I didn't fight this car. In fact, it's quite friendly and zippy. Rather, living in a town where most people's vehicle choices come down to SUV versus truck, more often than not the Versa had to fight her way through traffic. Believe it or not, she did it with grace.

So maybe Nissan means Versa to sound poetic and lyrical, like "verse." While I wouldn't call it lyrical, the... Read More