2009 Nissan Versa

Great car for the price, fun with a 5sp

by from Syracuse, NY on August 5, 2017

Great on gas, fun peppy car, after about 100k, it began to need a good bit of work. Hard to work on DIY wise, but inexpensive to work on in all. Would definitely buy this car again.

Reliable car

by from Los Angeles, California on July 19, 2017

I think this car is very affordable when it comes to gas. You really get what you pay for because it is a great car that runs super smoothly.

Great car and great on gas!

by from Sarasota, Fl on July 13, 2017

This car has been the best decision I have made when purchasing a vehicle. It is awesome on gas and has been very reliable. It's the perfect size, and I love the hatchback feature. Perfect car for me!

Great ride

by from Wenonah, NJ on June 27, 2017

This car was a surprise, I like the way it handles and is surprising spacious. It also does great on gas.

Great economy car. Solid performer. Love it

by from By ohio on June 5, 2017

Great car roomy interior nice styling, is my daily driver averaging 30 mpg. Great value for the dollar.

BEST CAR EVER

by from on April 2, 2017

LOVE IT GREAT ON GAS !!!!!!!! AND HAS ALOT OF PEP!!! WOULD DEFINITLY RECOMMEND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2009 Nissa Versa is a great, reliable sm car

by from Upstate NY on August 5, 2016

I bought this car new and have had absolutely nothing but easy, reliable, comfortable transportation with good gas mileage and very low maintenance. I have never had to make a repair except a new muffler and a front coil recall, which Nissan paid. A great first car or additional family car. I'd give it to my children or sell it to a friend - which says it all.

Horrible car hate Nissan now forever

by from Marlton NJ on March 9, 2016

I have NEVER had to replace things in a car that I have had to replace in this car. I have replaced mufflers, but NEVER an entire Exhaust system. I have NEVER had to replace an AC coil on a car. That was $1100 dollars. And now I get a recall notice on the front coil springs. It is a stick shift, and I read to late about how it shifts poorly. I bought this because Datsuns were the best car I had ever had. I have never had more issues; and more expensive issues EVER!!!

First Class City Car

by from New York City on September 8, 2015

My 2009 Versa S hatchback with 4-speed automatic was bought used with 47,000 miles on the odometer. It has excellent brakes--though no abs--a good ride for its size due to a relatively long wheelbase compared to overall length and very comfortable seats. It has a high roof making it easy to enter and exit with plenty of room inside, front and back. Careful attention to the right outside mirror setting can make up for lack of rear quarter vision. Engine power is not breathtaking but adequate for getting on the highway.

Great on paper... Not so much in Reality

by from DFW on February 28, 2015

We bought this Versa in 2009 used with 750 miles on the odometer. It is the base S trim and the only upgrade it has is the 4-speed automatic transmission. It now has about 20,000 miles At first glance the Nissan Versa seems like a pretty good car. It has a roomy interior, Nissan badge, and the promise of decent power and performance. However not everything is as it seems. Getting in the car is a hassle. It does not have electric locks or windows and the locking mechanism is located by the interior door handle which requires the driver to blindly reach in search for it. The locking mechanism should be the pop up type. While the back seat has ample space (for two) the front seats are cramped. For me the driving position is absolutely ridiculous. I am 6' and have size 14 shoe. While the seat pushed back as far as possible the pedals are way too close and the steering wheel is too far away. I have to bend my driving foot in an uncomfortable position, my arms are fully out stretched, and to top things off any type of key ring or keys brush up against the top of my leg. All of the seats in the car offer little to no lumbar support. The truck is adequate things like groceries. Dropping the seats for extra cargo space is a joke. Folded down the seats leaves nearly a foot difference the seats and the trunk floor. Additionally trunk door opening is relatively small which prevents the loading of larger items. The Versa does not handle well on the road. Its tall body, low weight, and soft suspension significantly degrade handling. On the highway the Versa is completely horrible. Acceleration is very slow. The back of the car has massive blinds spots which makes merging scary. In any wind the car acts as a sail and is pushed from side to side making it difficult to keep in its lane. For me the gas mileage is terrible. The absolute best I ever got was 23.7 mpg. The build quality of the car is also questionable. The sheet metal feels very thin. At one point one the car keys started getting stuck in the ignition and difficult to insert. After examining it we realized it was bent and we had to bend it back straight. On paper the Versa seems like a great car but in reality it just isn't. If you are in the market for a car in this class you look at the Honda Fit.

Our Expert Review: 2009 Nissan Versa