2010 Versa

$224 - $12,152  MSRP Range
2010 Nissan Versa

4.3

4 out of 5 stars Performance

Have You Driven the 2010 Nissan Versa?

Versa the Versatile

by Bip-D-Bo from on Fri Sep 17 2010

I bought the Versa hatchback because it met my needs (lots of storage) and it was cheap (real cheap). I always though I?d buy used cars only, but when I divided the purchase price by the estimated number of useful miles remaining on the vehicle, I found that buying a new Versa, in the long run, was the best deal. I got a steal at $10,800. I paid cash with no trade-in. Out the door, with all of the taxes and fess was around $12,600. I have only driven the car for 2000 miles, but I am very comfortable in it. I am a person who likes to drive for driving sake not just for commuting. Therefore, I highly recommend the manual transmission, which adds a lot more fun. The acceleration is decent, but the handling can only be described as adequate. A sharp turn can be made, but with no acceleration and no brake. Otherwise, it under-steers like a pig. This is caused by a couple of things; narrow track and tall outline cause high center of gravity, skinny tires, soft suspension. My previous car was a 2001 Ford Escort, which weighed 240 lbs less, had a lower center of gravity and therefore handled much better. The interior is roomy over-head and has great leg room. I am 6 foot and normally, I slide the driver seat all the way back. This is the 1st car I have ever driven where I slide it forward some. It can fit 4 large adults very nicely. The 5th is difficult. The car is narrow, so the middle seat is real skinny. I have 3 young children. The rear bench can fit my 6 year old without a booster, my 4 year old with a booster and my 1 year old in a car seat, but it is very tight. I wish that the car had been made wider instead of taller to give it sportier handling and a wider rear bench. Also, the driver seat sits a bit higher than I would like. I would rather it be very low, like a sports car. The driver seat is supportive, but the foam is dense. Therefore, it insulates and causes my back to sweat. The interior is well designed. The seats fold down to make room for my windsurf equipment, and the roof can be fitted with an aftermarket removable rack. The last complaint I have is the keyhole. There is only 1; on the driver side. I want a keyhole on the passenger side as well. I like to open the door for my wife, but have no desire to carry around a bulky remote for keyless entry. Overall, this car is fantastic. It is simple, functional and versatile. Most importantly, though is the incredible value.

Great Car Especially in it's Class

by Wetlawn from St.Cloud,MN on Fri Aug 19 2011

I've had a 2010 for a year now, it's great for getting around town or longer trips. I'm 6'3" and I fit very comfortably. The only time a notice a lack of power is on a strong incline or when trying to merge with a short on ramp. Lastly went on a 600 mile round trip with 3 other adult males, and all were impressed with room. So much so that one of them has since purchased one for himself.

My first car

by Ray from New Orleans, LA on Sat Nov 26 2011

Me and my mother were looking for a commuter car that I could drive back and forth to school everyday. We went used car shopping for almost 3 weeks with no luck. Dealers would try to sell us cars out our price range or the cars wouldn't meet the requirements of the company financing us. I returned home one day and found the cutest little white sedan in front of my house. My mother bought a 2010 Nissan Versa sedan with about 44,000 miles. So far there have been no problems with reliability(even though it has been only 3 months). This car is small on the outside but on the inside is a completely different story. There is more than enough room for me in the drivers seat. I'm about 6 ft tall and 220lbs. The backseat can be cramped with 3 people back there but the leg room is just ridiculous. There is so much of it, even with the driver's seat all the way back. The trunk is of a decent size, but the backseats don't fold down in the model that I have(which isn't a problem because I am mainly using it as a commuter car). Performance is sluggish with 5 people in the car, but with just me the acceleration is acceptable. I have no problem merging onto the interstate and it handles pretty well there. Definitely not a car you would drag race someone with(although I have attempted this with predictable results). I have read that most people think the exterior is awful. It is a bit bland at certain angles, but I think its cute. The only thing that really stands out to me is the rear of the car. Awkward is the only word that I can describe the rear of the car with. The interior is cloth and plastic, but this doesn't bother me. Its not like I'm caressing the dash of the car when I'm in it. It does rattle, but the radio covers up any noise from that. There are side slots on the doors where you can store stuff and enough cup holders to go around. The seats are comfortable and I have had no problems/complaints about them. In terms of "bang for the buck" I think me and my mother hit the jackpot with the Versa. Its practical, spacious, reliable, and what I believe to be the perfect first car. Learning to drive in it was easy and the controls are very user friendly. The only thing that I have been disappointed in is the gas mileage. I'm supposed to be getting around 26 mpg. I recently did a test on a 10 gallon tank of gas with pretty much all city driving and got around 22 mpg. This is with very conservative driving. I'm going to do another test soon, but with 44,000 miles, the car is already "broken in" and I don't expect mpg to improve. Other than that, I would recommend this car for anyone looking for a first car or something to get them from point A to point B safely. I plan to drive my Versa until the wheels fall off.

Great for New Family!

by Chris from Norfolk, Virginia on Sun Nov 15 2009

Car is excellent! Sounds strong and is reliable. Bought ours because we have a baby boy due in March 10'. Has good safety ratings which makes me and my wife happy. Also the 2010 Versa SL 1.8 has a hefty little engine in it. Lightweight hatchback with a strong engine. 127 hp/around 130 torque! Let the dealership let you keep it for a day! All the features are awesome. We paid around $18,000 with extended warranty.

Godd value for the money

by New Car Buyer from Carmel, IN on Thu Jul 08 2010

Good car overall. Nice styling, good handling, good quality. Good for the price. Research on internet was easy. Test drive was good.

Versa

by Pizza Man from Spring Hill,TN on Mon May 14 2012

We bought this car last spring to replace an aging MB E500. We got this car with 14000 miles on it and have recently passed 42000. Besides fill ups and oil changes this car hasn't cost us a nickel. Very reliable, roomy and comfortable for its size. Not very peppy, but my soon to be 16 year old daughter will get great use from this car.

A best buy

by travelalot from Chattanooga, TN on Mon Dec 05 2011

Great small car with the big heart. Holds tons of stuff (hatchback) gets good mileage and is quite suprising in comfort and roominess. This is our second: gave the first one ('09) to our twentysomething daughter who really likes it and replaced it with a '10. Looked at lots of different cars and this is the best bang for the buck out there. I have a significant expressway commute to work and the Versa hatchback fills the bill nicely. No frills, just dependable transportation.

Great Value

by tidbit from Memphis, TN on Fri May 20 2011

The Versa is surprisingly roomy for a subcompact and handles very well. The engine has a bit of pep if you desperately need it, but don't buy this car if you are looking for a "performance vehicle". For short, city commuting and economic, small family transportation, this hatchback is perfect.

Versa- little vice

by Bogus Economist from Portland, OR on Sat Aug 27 2011

AFter 11,000 miles, I can state categorically that I got a very good deal on my car. We paid uner $13,000 for it and have driven it in both city and highway conditions - shopping trips and two 4,000 jaunts to and from California. Ride is excellent on "good" roads and only mildly bumpy on "average" ones. The main gripe I have is excessive road noise on some surfaces. Accelleration, while not remarkable, is adequate and steering is definitely more for people like me (old) than for more agile (or risky) drivers. Room for four is tight, but not uncomfortable on short trips. I'd imagine a 500-mile stint in the back seat might be a challenge. This is a good, solid, average car.

NEW CAR FOR PRICE OF USED

by biker ed from ronkonkoma,ny on Sat Nov 28 2009

Car died... looked for used car.... price was almost the same but 30 days compare to 3/36 no brainer roomy interior handles great great gas mileage reliable warranty under 18,000 In 35 days if the car you buy dies what do u have ?

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2010 Nissan Versa

Editor's note: This review was written in April 2009 about the 2009 Nissan Versa. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2010, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The Nissan Versa hatchback was among the wave of affordable new small cars that hit the U.S. a few years ago. I tested a 2009 hatchback (a sedan is also available), and it's clearly aged pretty well. It offers some of the best interior space in its class, features decent performance and gas mileage, and has a low starting price. The Versa does have a few quirks when it comes to hitting the utility threshold that hatchbacks are expected to cross, but on the whole... Read More