2007 Solstice

2007 Pontiac Solstice

2007 Pontiac Solstice

Have You Driven the 2007 Pontiac Solstice?

Like a side by side motorcycle!

by Silver car and grey hair from Michigan on Fri Nov 02 2007

My wife and I bought the car as a weekend cruiser and it is more than we imagined for the money. We had contemplated buying another old Corvette but hate the hassle of repairs and upkeep. We decided to buy the Solstice and have a new warranty. As luck would have it, we have not had to take it back for anything but service. We love to take it out on the weekend and drive country roads like we did in our youth on the Harley. This is better because we sit next to each other and really enjoy it. We love the manual transmission and typically, I will drive it to a destination and she drives it home. Another thing is that I am 6'2" tall and about 285 lbs and a left knee that has been replaced. No problem with entry if I can open the door all of the way to fold in the knee. WE LOVE THIS CAR!!

Quick as a cat and Union made in America!

by Former V-8 gearhead from Reading, PA on Thu Mar 31 2011

The exterior design is so attractive that one almost wants to lick it. This car has the looks of an Italian-made roadster that only the very rich can afford. Many people on the streets of our city assume this GM product is actually an exotic European make. Coming stock from the factory my 5 speed manual GXP is fast enough for almost any sportscar lover. I went for the GM upgrade (performance package) which took the HP from 260 to 290, then had my Pontiac dealer install a Solo cat-back exhaust system and high performance catalytic converter for another 34 squirrels, boosting total output to 324 HP. This quick cat has now morphed into a rocket.

worth the wait

by ehbox from Spring Lake, MI on Tue Aug 16 2011

I had been wanting a yellow GXP for a few years and finally got it. I went with the 5-speed over the automatic. It just felt more like a sports car to me. Pluses: The styling is the best part. I get tons of compliments. The top is very quick and easy to pop up and down. The power is even better than expected and yet I've been averaging 28 mpg (over 31 on highway). Drawbacks: You can accidentally touch the stereo power button and/or open the cup holder while trying to shift. The rear hatch doesn't always open on the first touch of the button. The interior plastics are too hard on many surfaces. The stock tires squeal too easily when turning and overall don't inspire confidence. I'll definitely upgrade to other tires in the future.

Solstice GXP

by Guy of a Certain Age from Central Indiana on Tue Jun 12 2012

Purchased a 2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP. Great looking car with head turning design. Test drove the GXP with the 2.0 L Turbo and the standard model with the 2.4 L, both had ample power. Ended up getting the 2.0 L turbo and enjoy the power the 260 hp turbo delivers when punching it. The GXP is getting 32 mpg with a mixture of city and highway driving. This is a solid little sport car and grips the curves at higher speeds. The Solstice has bascially no storage so only single over night trips are practical. In general the Solstice is a fun car to drive and be seen in.

Way Fun and Hot Looking

by No Lcense Plate Fan from Gold Hill, Oregon on Sat May 28 2011

This little cat does more than just look pretty, it has performance that out does some of the more expensive 4 cylinders around. Although I've only owned it for a couple of months and had no reliability issues, I can say that thus far I love it! If I could add a back bench seat for my dog, I'd love it more. I went from a large 8 cylinder SUV where I could put the whole neighborhood in it and go. Now I must plan my every trip. It is really the only drawback to owning a 2 seater.

Love it~~

by Jennie from Evansville, IN on Wed Jun 09 2010

My husband and I had talked about a convertible for years. I saw one in the paper ( solstice ) at a local dealer and told my husband. I thought it sounded like a good deal. My husband told me to go to Cars.com and I am so glad I did. Our Solstice only had 6500 miles on it and had more extras than the one in the paper locally that had more miles, less extras and more money!! We drove about 45 - 50 minutes to the dealer we purchased ours from and it was WELL WORTH IT. thanks Cars.com!!!

Fun to drive!

by Phrystin from Kansas on Tue Apr 27 2010

I love driving this car! It is definitely made for driver comfort! I've had several strangers stop to talk to me about this car (sometimes making me uncomfortable, but oh well, everyone loves it!) The downside? There is very little storage space. Not just trunk space, but TINY glove box and the additional interior space is hard to reach while driving. Not impossible, mind you, but not easy either. Things I have trouble finding things for: sunglasses, garage door opener, loose change... things like that. Overall - I'm EXTREMELY satisfied with my purchase! :)

Best Bang for the Buck That GM makes

by Car nut from Seattle, WA on Mon Jun 11 2007

Love the Car. Solid no squeeks no flex. Had Corvetts in the past and the turbo is a pocket rocket. Wife loves it. Great road car, and the quietest convertable with the optional sound protection in the top, its like a sedan. negative side cup holders are hard to reach. has understeer in tight corners, and back end will start to crab on you, but its no big deal.

I love this car

by Classic girl from NC on Mon Oct 22 2007

I wanted to buy an American car and this was the only one that caught my eye. I couldn't be happier. It is beautiful and quite a headturner. I do wish there was more room inside - no place to put my handbag if someone else rides along. No way I can pick up someone from the airport. Regardless, this car is amazing!

I love this car!

by Bee from Tennessee on Thu Mar 13 2008

This automobile is so much fun to drive. I have had a few but this is the most fun to drive of the rest. The bright color sure keeps others from turning into my path.

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2007 Pontiac Solstice

Already a big hit just as it was, the Pontiac Solstice has gotten even better for 2007 with the addition of a high-performance version known as the GXP.

And for those who've already had a hard time finding the base Solstice, be prepared to wait even longer for the GXP, which will be even more limited in supply. GM plans to built only a fraction as many GXP models as the regular Solstice during 2007.

Some of the lucky ones who find a Solstice GXP probably will post theirs for sale on eBay, where consumers will be waiting to pay whatever it takes to get one.

Even the base Solstice, which starts at just over $22,000, already was bringing premium prices because there were so many people waiting to get... Read More