2014 911

2014 Porsche 911

2014 Porsche 911

5 out of 5 stars Performance
5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2014 Porsche 911?

The Real Deal

by Mark from Atlanta on Fri Apr 11 2014

The new 991 is without question the best Carrera ever. I have owned a 996 and 997 and with each there were certain things that in my opinion fell below the expectations of what one would expect of a $100K, world class sports car. The new 991 over comes all of my previous disapointments. The exterior is spot-on. It is lower, sleeeker and wider than teh earlier model. The interior is now what one would expect of a top end sports car. Yes, option costs are still high, but you can easily find a well optioned model for under $100K. The ride is breadthtaking and unlike a Ferrari which I've also owned, the Porsche garners more respect as it's less in your face, whereas the Ferrari said...look at ME!. The net/net. This is the car to own.

New 991 (2014 Model)

by Porsche Devotee from Scarsdale, NY on Sat May 17 2014

This is the 9th Porsche I've had since my 1987 911 Targa. Loved everyone; all 911's (C2, C4 and C4S) except the 2011 Panamera 4 - just just traded in. Porsche makes great cars. Each has its own character. After driving a "4-door sedan" for the past 3.5 years, am extremely pleased with the 991. Each prior 911 variant I've owned from the 80's, 90s and 2000s improved on the prior edition. The 991, however, is in a new league; not a minor refinement, but a fully "enhanced", new 911. It is better in every way: ergonomics, ride, grip, performance, looks, design, fuel efficiency, engine sound, etc. The 7-speed manual is a breeze with no mis-shifts. The new interior's materials, fit and finish are superb. Features and functionality are Panamera-like, yet the entire driving experience is top-shelf 911. Can't believe I didn't move back to a 911 in 2013 with the launch of the 991. Look forward to years and miles of smiles. PdeA.

1st Porsche

by Bill from Houston TX on Tue May 27 2014

3 weeks into ownership the experience gets better and better. The S version offers a little more HP, with the sport buttons off the car is very refined, with them on it is a very different aggressive car. Exterior fits and quality are excellent, as are the interior appointments. Reminds me of 1990's M-B vehicle with quality of fit and finish. Controls have a great feel, very well located, seats are very adjustable. Back seat is usable in a pinch, as is the front trunk. PDK transmission is very flexible and I love the hill-hold feature which I didn't know it had till I bought it. Struggled to decide between this and 2014 C-7 but happy with this decision even with the price premium. Drive it every day 50 miles and really loving the car so far.

2014 Model 991 - Base engine

by Bill from Salt Lake City UT on Wed Sep 10 2014

I have owned this car for 3 months and so far it has exceeded every expectation. I owned a 1984 3.2 liter coupe previously. It was a great car with a bulletproof engine and I miss it every day. But a 911 is a small car and I felt vulnerable, especially when I had grandkids in the car. I wanted multiple airbags and the other safety devices new cars offer. I ordered the 991 to get the exact exterior and interior colors and options I wanted. The wait was 4 months. This is my last 911 so the wait was worth it. Positives: handling - performance - fit and finish. It's the best 911 yet. More comfortable than my father's 356 and my 1984 (quieter and better ride which my wife appreciates). Negatives: the gas filler cap is on the wrong side; the car will eventually cost more than my 1984 to maintain. I didn't see the value for the S option for street use. The base engine (350 hp) is more than enough to get big $$$$$ speeding tickets. The PDK is a jewel. If you get the PDK you need the chrono to get launch control. PASM is fun. Heated and ventilated seats are valued by people my age. Do your homework on the options. The old 911's didn't have them and they are wonderful cars. See you at a Porsche Parade.//

Solid GT/Sports Car

by jim from Houston, Texas on Wed Jun 28 2017

This Carrera S is my first Porsche. It comfortable as sports car go, I have driven older models such a 1983 911 and though good, this could be an easy daily driver here in Texas with hot weather and its good AC. This S model has the 400 hp engine which gives it plenty of acceleration. The handling is superb. The brakes are awesome and never give up after repeated hard use. Nothing has failed on the car during the 3 years I have owned it. Tires, oil and brake fluid is all I have had to do to it after 15K miles. Dealer service is a little expensive, but that comes with owning a car like this. Do-it-yourselfers can drop that expense some. Quality of workmanship inside and outside is excellent. The interior is not flashy and just makes sense. I have taken it on long GT drives to twisty-windy places as well as the track. It performs and it turns heads.

Most beautiful car I have owned

by raddad from Kalamazoo, mi on Fri Oct 06 2017

Most 911's are boring black, gray,white,silver, yawn! They all look too similar. Not this 2014 911 4S; gulf blue with orange calipers, aero kit with orange air intake screens, agate leather interior. Breathtakingly gorgeous. And fun to drive fast, not too fun on bumpy interstate highways at 80, stiff suspension transmits vibrations to my brain, need a rest after an hour. On local road tracks it's a beast in sport plus mode ! Yikes it's fun! And it can do so much more, it's a better car than I am a driver!

991 C4S

by SDCFL from Fort Myers, Florida on Sat Dec 23 2017

Last of the normal aspirated Porsche's, Rare manual. Seriously the greatest car I have owned yet. Does everything perfectly. AWD is incredible in the rain, The manual shifts incredibly smooth. The fit and finish is flawless and not a single issue during my ownership. My only problem is I can't stop driving it.

EXCEPTIONAL GERMAN CRAFTSMANSHIP

by ROADRUNNER from HORSHAM, PENNSYLVANIA on Sat Nov 29 2014

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE SUPERB GERMAN CRAFTSMANSHIP. IT FEELS WHEN SITTING IN THE COCKPIT AS THOUGH I AM SITTING IN A JET FIGHTER. I FEEL, NO, CORRECT THAT, I BECOME PART OF THE LEGENDARY PORSCHE' 911 AS I SIT IN THE CAPTAIN SEAT PREPARING FOR TAKEOFF.

GT3 explains everything

by GT3 Baby!! from FT Lauderdale,FL on Fri Apr 15 2016

This box isn't big enough to review a 991-GT3. Imagine a rocket strapped to your back,that will turn like its on rails.

Exotic type whip

by Mohammed from Cleveland, Ohio on Mon Aug 12 2013

Drives better than my 2005 Gallardo, and 2014 M6....... Way more head turns too....... Fast for a V6 lol... The awd option is amazing 20 years old and my favorite car so far.... ARAB MONEY

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2014 Porsche 911

Editor's note: This review was written in June 2013 about the 2013 Porsche 911. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2014, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The 2013 Porsche 911 is a civilized sports car that embraces the needs of both luxury- and performance-minded car buyers in a way that prior generations never have.

All you need is a wide-open wallet.

A redesigned 911 debuted as a 2012 model and, as is Porsche tradition, additional variants have begun to appear in subsequent model years. Our test car, a 911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet (convertible), is one of those variants. This version is fitted with all-wheel drive and... Read More