2006 Porsche Boxster

A blast to drive

by on September 15, 2017

Every day I find more things about this car that I enjoy. It like having a go-cart on the street. Tight handling and good acceleration.

Uses car for Havingfun

A true sports car , exhaust noise is awesome .

by on August 21, 2017

This car looks and runs like new. Performance and handling is fabulous. German engineering at its best!

Uses car for Havingfun

Great car, fun to drive!

by from Bethesda, MD on August 15, 2017

Wonderful car, good price for an older car. Smooth ride with plenty of kick. Ease of convertible, one button and the rest is auto. Surprising how much "trunk space" there is, lots of groceries. Sleek, clean, hot car, turns heads as you drive by!
Not Rated Reliability

35 stars!

by from Scottsdale, AZ on August 10, 2017

One overall and six sub categories of five stars each! That's how I come up with 35 stars. I had a 27 year career in the military, flying the best helicopters in the world in Special Operations. Then BOOM and I was grounded from multiple injuries. I turned my love of everything that flies to cars. I decided to buy myself a retirement present. Always had wanted a Porsche even though I had never driven one but I didn't even consider one because they were too expensive. Something in my head said go drive one. I did! I was hooked. I am now a Porsche fan in a huge way. Now that you are almost asleep with boredom...Let's go through the stars! Comfort: I've driven many cars cross country for thousands of miles but this Porsche is the only one that doesn't cause me cramps in the back of my legs. I can drive for 8 hours easily! Unbelievably comfortable! 5 stars! Performance: Phenomenal handling in the corners or straights for that matter. You feel completely in control no matter how fast you enter a corner. You point the vehicle deftly at the apex and you are carving a turn with precision. The power of the base Boxster is beautifully matched and I've never felt underpowered. Why didn't I race cars for a living! I could have been an F1 superstar. 5 more stars! Exterior Styling: The first glimpse I ever had of a Boxster was from behind and I fell instantly in love with the gorgeous roundness and perfect proportion of this rear end. Maybe it's better if your friend has one and you can just follow him around gazing at the rear. Another 5 stars! Interior Styling: Every switch and gauge is perfectly placed and easily reached. Nothing is over done or tacky. Just right! Yet another 5 stars! Value: If I had paid full price brand new (if I could have afforded it) it would have been worth it. I picked this astounding vehicle up at the 5 year old mark for $29,000 and it only had 13,700 That. A very easy decision because nothing out there can give you all this for that prBCE. Surely you are expecting, 5 more stars! Reliability: I am under the impression that Porsche is the only automobile maker of perfect driving cars that are completely reliable for every single day transportation. It may look like a gorgeous and high strung thoroughbred but under the skin is a Clydesdale wowork skin drive, drive, drive it! You'll definitely want to avoid one as your daily driver BUT ONLY IF you are hauling children or pets. Not only reliable but stubbornly so. This is an obvious and easy 5 more stars! Overall: It would show crass ignorance to go 5 stars in every category and then award less in the Overall category. What's worse..., it would make this whole review worthless! However, the only reason to give this vehicle 5 stars in every category is because they didn't give me the 6 star option! If you like to do some or all of your own maintenance, the Porsche Boxster is once again peerless. From oil & filter changes (100% synthetic Amsoil European if you really care) to air filters, brakes and rotors and many other items it is a dream to maintain. I've been thrilled with this vehicle from the first and it still makes me smile every time I drive it! 5+5+5+5+5+5+5! An easy review to write. 35 STARS!

Uses car for Havingfun

Best Sports car on the Market for the money...

by from Bellingham on July 13, 2017

The 2006 Boxster handles like it is on rails. The mid-engine design, low center of gravity, and Porsche power plant make this car an instant classic and driver's favorite. The cost of ownership is low and the purchase price of previously owned Boxster's reasonable.

Incredible Handling!

by from Brentwood, Tn. on June 21, 2017

"Fun to drive" rating off the scale. Powerful mid-engine design translates to phenomenal handling and performance. Build quality is best in class!

Great car

by from Eaton Rapids, Mi on May 17, 2017

You will find yourself falling in love with this Porsche. Drives fantastic, top down in a flash, looks good, powerful and can handle being driven hard and fast.

Great Car

by from on May 13, 2017

The Boxster is a really great car. I have owned 2 and both have been very dependable cars. Porsche makes a great cars!

What a blast to drive!

by from on February 23, 2017

Ok, I never write reviews but this car deserves one. I'm a 45 year old single male who has been incredibly blessed when it comes to sports cars that I've had the chance to own. I've had several Camaros, Corvettes, Audi's, Vipers and I presently own a 2001 Lamborghini Diablo as well as a 2006 Boxster. While the Boxster is certainly no Viper or Diablo, it is an absolute blast to drive. It sticks to the road like it's on rails and it stops uncomfortably fast! You'd have to drive one and use the brakes hard just once to understand what I mean. When I say uncomfortable I mean that it's something you're not expecting. If you slam on the brakes the car comes to an absolute 100% controlled stop in a hurry...no spinning, shaking..,just stopping. I opted for the Tiptronic manu-matic transmission just because I've had plenty of fun with manual transmissions and wanted something I could just drive without thinking about it. The transmission is smooth as can be. In manual mode, it actually shifts when you tell it to...it's not just a gimmick like on other manumatic type transmissions. In automatic mode it is uneventful in a great way. It just does it's thing. The convertible top is very well designed. It tucks away beautifully and DOESN'T go into the trunk which saves a ton of storage space. If taken care of properly the convertible top will look brand new for years and years...as of this writing my top is 11 years old and looks absolutely brand new and I use it a lot. The interior is solid as a rock and well designed using only the best materials. The solid thud of the door when you close it marks the attention to quality that Porsche puts into their vehicles. It's cliche I know but it really is hard to beat German engineering. If you enjoy driving do yourself a favor...buy a Boxster. You will not be disappointed.

It's a Porsche!!!

by from Long Island, NY on January 11, 2015

It's a Porsche and performs like one. Mine is a 2005 Boxster S. It is FAST, great short throw gear box, and handling and power are it's strong points. If buying a Porsche Boxster earlier than 2009, however, there is known, intermediate shaft bearing that can catastrophically kill the engine which is why I would recommend buying one that had the IMS retrofitted with the LN Engineering upgrade or budget for getting it done very soon after purchase. Have your clutch and flywheel replaced at the same time since they are in they anyways and avoid any extra labor.It is a known weak spot, but if you are aware you can take preventive measures and get a great sports car that is otherwise very reliable. Change your oil every 5K miles or 6 months, and drive it like you stole it.This is my second Boxster. The first was a 2004 Base Boxster and the S model is so much more powerful and luxurious. A great car, but after all, it's a Porsche.