Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2006 Boxster

2006 Porsche Boxster

2006 Porsche Boxster

Have You Driven the 2006 Porsche Boxster?

Great Sports Car that's livable Every Day

by Tommy D from Hamilton, NJ on Mon Jun 11 2012

I love the car and always wanted one. Bought from a top flight Porsche dealer Certified with 2 years of warranty, it's met all my expectations and is useable as daily driver. Granted, I only have to travel 1 day a week to work, but it is in center city Phila and the drive is more fun going to work then I've ever had. I put my golf clubs in, my wife and I take trips to the beach and all fit with some careful packing and somewhat smaller beach chairs, but it works and I get the best of both worlds. Top down motoring to the shore and a day at the beach. It's small inside and storage is limited, but it's a sports car and you learn to do things a certain way. My BMW 328i coupe I traded was more comfortable and user friendly with more features, space etc., but I never felt connected to the road and the driving experience, which is why I finally made the move. It's been worth it as i smile everytime I drive the car and look at in my garage.

It's a Porsche!!!

by SuperSteve from Long Island, NY on Sun Jan 11 2015

It's a Porsche and performs like one. Mine is a 2005 Boxster S. It is FAST, great short throw gear box, and handling and power are it's strong points. If buying a Porsche Boxster earlier than 2009, however, there is known, intermediate shaft bearing that can catastrophically kill the engine which is why I would recommend buying one that had the IMS retrofitted with the LN Engineering upgrade or budget for getting it done very soon after purchase. Have your clutch and flywheel replaced at the same time since they are in they anyways and avoid any extra labor.It is a known weak spot, but if you are aware you can take preventive measures and get a great sports car that is otherwise very reliable. Change your oil every 5K miles or 6 months, and drive it like you stole it.This is my second Boxster. The first was a 2004 Base Boxster and the S model is so much more powerful and luxurious. A great car, but after all, it's a Porsche.

Pure and Simple.....the BEST

by Sandbox from Columbia, Maryland on Fri Sep 24 2010

Have owned 3 Porsches and this Boxster S (Basalt Black/Sand) is simply the best....performs like a champ, looks like every design decision was spot on, interior feels like I wish all my furniture looked and felt, economical, flip top in an instant with lots of visual appeal in the process, and did I say....fast!!! This is the car I could live with indefinitely. It just does everything right and looks so good doing it. Thanks Porsche!!! Sandbox

Reliable,Fast,Fun and Beautiful,

by Porsche lover from Santa Cruz on Sun May 06 2018

Have owned this beautiful car since 2007 and have no regrets whatsoever. I still get complements on its design and handling and I absolutely love the drive and sound, even with 97,000 miles it had no problems with normal maintenance. I just bought another to replace my Fun workhorse and will probably keep it for about the same time period. Not only are they a sports car but you can go grocery shopping or take a trip with the added interior trunk space so that it does double duty. Could not have been happier with my choice of drive.

Incredible handling

by car nut from on Sun May 20 2012

I loved my 2006 Boxster. After the redesign in 2005 this car is completely worthy of the Porsche marque. Not as as much power as the S, but very strong acceleration. Lots of mid range torque. The handling is amazing, surpassing that of the 911. The mid-engine balance allows very high cornering limits. The car was the most reliable I ever owned. Tires are expensive, but the Michelin PS2 tires I used were the best I've ever used. I got 25K on rears and 50k on the fronts. This car makes a great daily driver. Gas mileage is surprisingly good, consistently besting my Miata.

A Real Sports Car...

by The Car "Guru" from Oakland, California on Sat Nov 25 2006

I've owned 12 new cars over the past 15 years...including a new '04 Boxster...but the new '06 Boxster out performs every car I've owned! Exceptional handling, decent power, smooth ride, outstanding braking capabilities are just some of its best features. While there is limited room for my 240 lb 6.4 in body, for most people, this car would be fine. I am disapointed however, with this new BOSE sound system it has. The BOSE system in my previous Boxster was far superior. Other than that, the new '06 Boxster is a sports car for anyone who wants to be in touch with the road in a way no other car can provide. Driving anything else.....is just basic transportation!

Summer car

by YMe from Toronto, ontario, Canada on Sat Jun 04 2011

I purchase my first summer car this spring. Driving a Boxster S, is fun even considering that speeding is illegal. I am not saying that I do indulge in speeding, the fun is the acceleration you get with this mid engine vehicle. Driving it in city is even more fun, as one get to accelerate every corner! I realized that it is going to cost me on rubber shoes, but for the first summer at least I will indulge. No bad feeling anout anything yet, the boxster behave like a super charged go-cart, is is small, responsive to both accelerations and turn requests. I must say that I was a bit surprise at the stifness of the steering, but looking back, i think that it helps for a better control.

Boxster S The Most Fun to Drive

by Boxster S Owner in Florida from Boynton Beach, FL on Mon Feb 28 2011

Super handling and ample power. Safe reliable performance in a great looking package. Mine is Guards Red with Tan leather.... mmmm good! I also have Carrera S wheels and Tiptronic, which is a great transmission and well matched to the power and torque curve of the 3.2 liter boxer engine.

Best car so far.

by Believer from Houston, TX on Wed Jan 20 2010

Over the past 10 years, I drove BMW 750IL, Lexus GS350, 01 Boxster, Infinity Q45, and BMW Z4. 06 Boxster outperforms every one of these cars by a mile. I know it is not fair to compare Boxster to luxury cars like BMW, Lexus and Infinity, but I am talking about having fun in a car. Excellent handling and acceleration (even better than V8 BMW). I drive this car almost everyday and have no complaints except for some wind noise at high speed. Everything is solid as a rock and had no mechanical problems so far. Consumer Report states that 06 Boxster is the most reliable Boxster model so far. I don't know why, but it sure sounds true to me.

35 stars!

by Porsche fan for life from Scottsdale, AZ on Thu Aug 10 2017

One overall and six sub categories of five stars each! That's how I come up with 35 stars. I had a 27 year career in the military, flying the best helicopters in the world in Special Operations. Then BOOM and I was grounded from multiple injuries. I turned my love of everything that flies to cars. I decided to buy myself a retirement present. Always had wanted a Porsche even though I had never driven one but I didn't even consider one because they were too expensive. Something in my head said go drive one. I did! I was hooked. I am now a Porsche fan in a huge way. Now that you are almost asleep with boredom...Let's go through the stars! Comfort: I've driven many cars cross country for thousands of miles but this Porsche is the only one that doesn't cause me cramps in the back of my legs. I can drive for 8 hours easily! Unbelievably comfortable! 5 stars! Performance: Phenomenal handling in the corners or straights for that matter. You feel completely in control no matter how fast you enter a corner. You point the vehicle deftly at the apex and you are carving a turn with precision. The power of the base Boxster is beautifully matched and I've never felt underpowered. Why didn't I race cars for a living! I could have been an F1 superstar. 5 more stars! Exterior Styling: The first glimpse I ever had of a Boxster was from behind and I fell instantly in love with the gorgeous roundness and perfect proportion of this rear end. Maybe it's better if your friend has one and you can just follow him around gazing at the rear. Another 5 stars! Interior Styling: Every switch and gauge is perfectly placed and easily reached. Nothing is over done or tacky. Just right! Yet another 5 stars! Value: If I had paid full price brand new (if I could have afforded it) it would have been worth it. I picked this astounding vehicle up at the 5 year old mark for $29,000 and it only had 13,700 That. A very easy decision because nothing out there can give you all this for that prBCE. Surely you are expecting, 5 more stars! Reliability: I am under the impression that Porsche is the only automobile maker of perfect driving cars that are completely reliable for every single day transportation. It may look like a gorgeous and high strung thoroughbred but under the skin is a Clydesdale wowork skin drive, drive, drive it! You'll definitely want to avoid one as your daily driver BUT ONLY IF you are hauling children or pets. Not only reliable but stubbornly so. This is an obvious and easy 5 more stars! Overall: It would show crass ignorance to go 5 stars in every category and then award less in the Overall category. What's worse..., it would make this whole review worthless! However, the only reason to give this vehicle 5 stars in every category is because they didn't give me the 6 star option! If you like to do some or all of your own maintenance, the Porsche Boxster is once again peerless. From oil & filter changes (100% synthetic Amsoil European if you really care) to air filters, brakes and rotors and many other items it is a dream to maintain. I've been thrilled with this vehicle from the first and it still makes me smile every time I drive it! 5+5+5+5+5+5+5! An easy review to write. 35 STARS!

1 2 3 4