2008 Porsche Boxster Consumer Reviews

2008 Porsche Boxster
Average based on 12 reviews

porsche boxter s 08

by from new jersey on April 11, 2009

this car rocks solid ride handles the road like you were on a railroad track.threr are no dead spots in power even at 100 mpo.

Best handling sports car I've ever driven

by from Woodstock, VA on August 31, 2010

This vehicle is the best of both worlds. It cruises with the top down and nice creature features for the long weekend getaways. But when you are ready to rumble, switch on the sport mode and enjoy the superb acceleration and improved handling. This car easily takes 25mph corners @55 without even struggling. This inspires great confidence and is a blast to drive.

The best entry into the sports car category

by from Michigan on June 11, 2012

There's very little that's not to like about a Boxster. It looks great. Drives great. It's practical. You won't believe what you can fit in the front and back trunklets. You can put the top down. It's quiet on the highway with the roof up. And it has that signature Porsche soundtrack right behind your seats. The standard suspension is very firm, which is great! But if you live in a state with poor roads it might dampen (see what i did there) the fun a little bit. Look for a model with PASM in that case, especially if it's going to be your daily driver. -- Otherwise stick with the standard suspension. A Porsche is expensive, there's no way around it. However finding a quality used one isn't all that hard. Just always keep in mind that you may have repairs. Even a set of simple brake pads is expensive on those German cars. Other than that. It's like the old advertising slogan says: There's no substitute.

Great car

by from MA on April 15, 2011

My 2008 base Boxster 2.7 l is a great car. Handles like a go kart with lots of power. Like taking a vacation every time I take it out of the garage. Plenty of power and corners like nothing else.

Most fun car I've owned

by from Cambridge, MA on September 7, 2011

I jsut purschsed my 2008 Boxster S from a meticulous owner in Maryland. I drove it home from MD to MA and it was the most enjoyable longdistance drive I've ever had.

2008 Boxster

by from Washington State on February 18, 2012

I have had three Boxsters and the 2008 was the best of the three (1999 and 2002). I highly recommend the 2008 Boxster. The only thing negative would be the road noise but you except that in a convertible. For the money it is the best value around.

Porsche Lady

by from on May 10, 2013

Classy, classy car -- a real one of a kind. Love the limited edition -- makes it unique! Fun to drive -- love the sound!

Porshe Boxster

by from Richmond on September 24, 2012

the car is so beutiful, runs fast and tight. Catch myself just staring at it when it is parked. Looks like a muscle.

FINEST CAR EVER

by from Mobile, Alabama on June 3, 2014

I've enjoyed this 2008 Boxster more than any car I've ever owned. You want to buy one with real LEATHER SPORT SEATS! IT MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD! This Porsche is AWESOME in EVERYWAY! BEST CAR I'VE EVER OWNED! I'VE OWNED CORVETTE'S, M.BENZ SLK 350 AND THE BOXSTER IS BY FAR THE BEST SPORTS CAR! I LOVE TO DRIVE IT, IT'S COMFORTABLE, FAST, AND FUN!

terrible engineering

by from Kansas City, mo. on May 7, 2014

I bought a base Boxster from TomWood Porsche in January of '14 and the motor failed catastrophically 88 days later. I'm devastated, but not completely surprised, given its history. The car was always maintained at the dealer, never abused, and has no history of any red-lines. How would you rate it?