2013 RAM 1500 consumer reviews

side view of 2013 1500 RAM
Explore the 2013 RAM 1500
Shop the 2013 RAM 1500
4.5

Powerful, durable and stlish pick-up!

I test drive a 2013 Ram 1500 Laramie edition. This is the top package of the Ram, and it is well worth the additional cost. The interior design and high-tech gadgets are a wonderful addition to this powerful pick-up. I was seconds away from buying this pick-up, but declined the purchase because of the cost of maintenance for owning a beast like this. If maintenance cost, such as expensive tires, oil changes, and poor fuel mileage are not a concern, I would highly recommend this pick-up. It is a tough looking truck with great luxuries.

Truck totally met my needs and expectations.

Truck is a 2013 Ram 1500 Quad-cab. 5.7 Liter Hemi, 6.4 ft. bed, tow package, sliding rear window, power windows, power mirrors, cloth seats with driver lumbar power seat, steering wheel controls, cruise control, on board hands free communication system, premium sound system and many other features plenty of storage. The ride is comfortable and stable around curves.

best truck i have ever owned

Style. Performance. Options. All amazing all Tier 1 level on this truck! The v8 in this truck is exceptional and sounds out of this world!

Love it so much I can't wait to get a new one!

RAM has done some amazing things since the new lineup from 2013 on. This definitely is the most luxurious pickup in its class, and the most fun to drive. I have owned 2 2013's so far, one with the 8 speed Hemi Big Horn, and one with the 6 speed Hemi Laramie, both were automatic 4x4. The Big Horn was only a quad cab purchased with 2 miles on it, which before kids is perfect for the occasional time you need to use the rear seat. DO NOT BE MISTAKEN, YOU CANNOT FIT MORE THAN 1 CAR SEAT IN THE BACK SEAT IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE KISSING THE WINDSHIELD. In the middle of the back seat it works perfectly, otherwise it is literally impossible to have two car seats and sit comfortably in the front. The truck had the large touch screen radio with the most functional screen I have seen in any vehicle yet ( other than a Tesla or the 2019 Ram). This truck was amazing for everything I needed, even towing. Cloth seats, GPS, Spray in Bed liner, that was about all. With all the rebates it came down about $8K off the sticker price. The second 2013 I bought used. It was a Laramie with heated leather front and rear seats, and cooled front seats, gps Radio, Alpine sound system with a sub woofer, RAM Box, basically everything but the sun roof. This was a crew cab with a 6'3" bed which is hard to find. I love this truck, except the transmission. When you are on the thruway and try to give it a little more gas, it seems to up shift before it downshifts. The 8 speed transmission did not do that, it only shifted when you needed the power and increased gas mileage from 13-18mpg to 19-26mpg not towing. If you towed anything expect 16. I also increased the rear suspension on both of these trucks with SUMO SHOCKS, which cushioned any large bumps while towing anything heavy. The Coil springs in the rear are great for an empty bed, but as soon as you tow something with some weight, it does squat the truck substantially. These helped with any body roll that the truck may have with or without a load as well. Overall I will never get another truck than a RAM 1500, unless of course I went to a 2500. Great functional interior and a solid feel to a build. 92k miles and not a lick of rust on my current truck. I have towed trailers with all different types of weight all different distances and these trucks never hesitate.

My Favorite Truck

This was the 2nd Ram 1500 Big Horn that I've owned and not my last. I love the size of these trucks and the feel when driving them. Even something as simple as closing the door feels better than similar vehicles by other makers. Before I bought my first Ram 1500 Big Horn, I test drove a Ford FX4 of the same year. The difference between the feel of the build and the engines performance was night and day. The Dodge felt far more solid than the Ford, the Engine had far better response, power and torque. I will be buying another Ram 1500 Big Horn in the future.

4.0

Really like my truck

I really like it but one big complaint is that the tailgate open by itself before it lock - I did return to the dealer and complain and they look at it and said nothing wrong with it...well since we have this 2013 Dodge Ram 1500 sport crew cab if we forget to lock the door right away most of the time the tailgate opens...I know there is a recall for 2015

Fifth Dodge Ram in a row I have owned.

This vehicle has been my choice for the past 10 years to own. No problems with any except for the 2002 I had but that one had over 100000 miles on it and then started having electrical issues. I had a 2015 Bighorn that was loaded. Beautiful truck but didn't need all the options it came with and it was a lease. I now have a 2013 and very happy with the deal I got.

4.1

Best Truck for the money

Love my truck it?s my go to, not a luxury vehicle but smooth ride, decently fast, runs like a dream, and over all super reliable.

09 Dodge ram 1500

Great truck with lots of power. Seats 4 adults with plenty of room. Very reliable with very few issues. Only major issues have been the ac duct actuators and the exhaust manifolds.

Best vehicle I've ever owned.

This truck was everything I needed it to be. Capable towing vehicle, comfortable long distance traveler, stylish and fun to drive! Love the sound of the dual exhaust!