2005 xB

4.1 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.5 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

stylish economical customizable and awesome

by graphixprime from florida on October 15, 2010

I love this car. It has amazing fuel economy - Since I've bought this car, I've cut my fuel costs in half! I have to haul boxes and band equipment for my job, and this is perfect for those tasks, as this car, while looking small from the outside has been designed to optimize cargo room. I can fit 2 full size guitar speaker cabinets, two amplifier heads, 3 guitars, a keyboard, and the stands, and there's still room for more. I love this car, I can't praise the vehicle enough. Also, I think the older xb body style is more pleasing than the newer models. You also can find very affordable items to customize your xb, making the look of your car completely up to the owner, which for some is great.

great car

by happyxb from dallas,tx on August 16, 2006

we are a family of 4, my wife and i have 11 and 14 year old boys. we looked for a car with great head and leg room for our growing family. after compairing dozens of suv's the xb had more leg room. the great gas mileage is also a plus. were getting 30-36 mpg. most the time when i fill up i get other drivers asking me about the xb. we have owned ours for 1 year and have put 39000 miles on it. so thats about $3000 in gas. thats about half what other suvs would cost.

Best car I've owned

by Limited Yellow Scion Mom from Daytona Beach, FL on August 26, 2010

I didn't think 2005 XB came in black. First I've heard of it. I love my Limited Edition yellow scion xb. I've had it called the toaster, school bus, taxi. It is cute to me - although some people think it is ugly - until they sit in it and see all the room! Great car!!!!

Inside the Box

by Travis from Columbia, MO on October 28, 2010

I have had my XB for 3 months now and still love it. It gets 30 mpg in town and 33 on the highway. It is a great car for in town driving and daily commutes. I have not had it through winter months so can't say how it will handle the midwest weather. I really like the stereo system and interior. It has enough space for groceries and if you buy something bulky you can lay the seats down for transport. It does have a small engine, but the it has enough to jump out into traffic when needed. I own a manual transmission and it is fun car to drive. You aren't buying a race car though, don't expect too much performance. I would probably not enjoy long highway trips in this car, but have not taken it on one yet, so I can't say. It is my only car and I am pleased with my purchase. I would buy again with no regrets.

Toaster

by ffer from Denver, Colorado on December 22, 2011

My wife and I both have a 2005 xB and I can't imagine a better urban vehicle. An occasional long road trip is fine too. We both have hobbies which require the ability to haul lots of large items. For carrying passingers, the back seat is like a Lincoln Town Car. The above review applies ONLY to the 2004 & 2005 xB's. NOT the later models.

Our Heart of Texas Scion XB

by Scion XB of Texas from Manor Texas on July 30, 2015

We bought our used 2005 Scion XB in September of 2010 w/ 48k mile and here it is July 2015 w/109k miles. We almost traded this car in for a Honda Odyssey but decided against it when the dealership only wanted to give us $2k for it so we decided to keep it since its been sooooooo good to us?We have maintained it as scheduled, added new tires and rims, new Bluetooth stereo and new speakers and it sounds great . We had to replace the radiator twice but that was because of rocks hitting the radiator, I am thinking of by a car bra for it. We noticed the Bosch wipers are best for this car and cheaper if you buy them online..We had to replace the window motors but purchased those online too for dirt cheap and if you look on Youtube you can find a lot of stuff on how to do it yourself easily?The only drawback about this car is how flimsy it is, so be careful on the road and try to avoid hitting anything because the front and rear bumpers are very flimsy and the parts break off easily. The other thing about his car it doesn?t have a lot of power when your are taking off but once you?re going , you?re going good, other than that this car is a great car and I am glad we didn?t trade it in?.We take this car all over Texas, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Laredo and South Padre Island and we take our three small pets with us?All we do is put our duffel bags and backpacks on the floor and fold down the rear seats and stick a ice chest in the back and we are good to go and the pets have plenty of room to lay around. I thought about getting a roof rack but I refuse to spend $1000 for a roof rack and cargo basket. So if you?re looking to buy a 2005 Scion XB, I highly recommend it.

Good deal for the money!

by cpanther from North Carolina on July 24, 2007

We bought a used 2005 Xb with low miles recently. It is a great vehicle for around town trips! I've been able to customize it at reasonable prices via online auction sites. The interior room is very good. The ride is pretty smooth, although you can tell it is a small car when you hit a bump. Acceleration and handling is about average. So far, we are very pleased with the car!

scion xb 2005

by vlad from on October 29, 2014

I never write revives, but about scion xb 2005 I need to say few words. Have this car from 2005 and now on it 175000 ml. Never have any problem with it. Travel many different states without any worry car going to fail me.

2005 Scion XB review

by MaryV from Tampa, Florida on April 2, 2017

In 2005 I needed to buy a new car. I had driven Toyota vans for several years, and was looking to buy another. I was at the car lot looking for my next van, when I found I was having too much trouble helping my husband up on the front passenger side. He had started becoming more and more handicapped, and I was having to move him around in a wheelchair. Disappointed on not being able to buy the van I wanted that day, as I pushed my husband in the wheelchair back towards our vehicle. On the way we passed by a little car called the Scion XB. I saw the large front doors, opened one of them and saw that the seat was at chair height from the pavement. As I looked into the front seat I also found that the car had lots of leg room to fit my 6'2'' husband. I pulled my husband up from the wheelchair and helped him into that Scion. He slid into the seat as if it had been buttered. When I looked at the headroom left over his head I saw a least 3 - 4 inches to spare. His leg room was great too. I left the Toyota dealership that day not in a Toyota van, but in a Scion XB. That was 11 years ago. My dear husband has passed away now, but I still drive that Scion. It has given me years of maintenance free service, and many $$$$ savings in gasoline. I still drive that car, and if I forgot to mention, it has loads of space. I only just last week I lowered the back seat, had the tires pumped up to 33psi, and carried home 36 bags of mulch for my garden. I put 30 in the back, 3 across and 6 high. I made two rows. I then place 6 bags in my passenger seat. I drove away being able to see traffic easily through my rearview mirror, as well as, my two outside side mirrors. I made 4 trips without difficulty and brought home a total of 144 bags of mulch that day. My car still drives like the day I bought it. I keep my car up to date on it's maintenance, and it was only this week for the first time that the car had a mechanical issue. I had to have the air conditioner worked on. 1st problem in 11 years. I would give this car a A+++++! Thank you Scion for building this excellent vehicle.

Im 6'4" Its very comfortable

by tcbperez from Southern California on April 6, 2007

This is a commuter car and it is very roomy and since it is a Toyota it will run until the wheels fall off. My neighbor who is also 6'4" was comfortable in the back while I was driving. Good little car and there are lots of after market accessories.

1 2 3 4