2006 Scion xB consumer reviews

$14,030–$14,830 MSRP range
side view of 2006 xB Scion
Explore the 2006 Scion xB

Very reliable. Low maintenance.

Plenty of leg and head room front and back. Good cargo space. Great gas milage. Owned for 10 years before being rear-ended in 2016. Held it's value, never a recall. 2008 redesign ruined the XB.

4.3

Very reliable car great on gas fun to drive

This is a fun car good on gas the 5speed manual with the handling make taking curves a blast.has way more room in it than you would ever believe by looking from the outside

3.7

It has been a great little car

This car did everything I needed plus some great mpg lots of room fun to drive handles very well. Will make someone an awesome commuter car or small family car

Very best all around car

Very safe, great on fuel , easy to park. fun to drive, seats .ride good, easy to clean, great to see out of never needs to go to repair shop

Roomy vehicle that's dependable

My car has over 200,000 miles and is a stick shift. I do regular oil changes with synthetic oil at 5,000 miles. So far, in total lifetime repairs (I've owned it since 12,500 miles) I have spent about $1800 for major repairs (a bearing and something i can't remember in the engine). I would buy this car again.

The Best Car I've Ever Owned

The Scion xB's came with Toyota's 1.5L engine, the toughest engine ever built. With just standard maintenance, the Scions built in 2006 and before are 300,000 mile vehicles. The xB is roomy, comfortable and versatile while still being very economical and reliable. Hands down, the best car I have ever owned. And I am 72 years old!

3.7

Nice people mover.

Nice car. It gets me to and from work with no troubles. It could use a little more power, but it it what it is.

Best car I ever owned.

What can I say? I loved this car so much and it really hurt me bad when my boyfriend wrecked it. The box doesn't lie, there is enormous amount of space in there for a littler car. Reminds me of a Tardis from Dr Who, it's bigger inside! The only problem I had was that the ac worked only when it wanted to, but no other problems. Let's be fair, it was a 12 year old 189,000 mileage car. Truth, I only had it almost exactly one year, but what a great year my beautiful blue toaster gave me. RIP Skye.

I just wish it had more cargo room . . .

I have only had my 2006 xB for 5 weeks but I'm already very impressed. One sad thing - no cruise control - otherwise it's loaded. I do wish there was more cargo space - I'm used to a 1988 Nissan Stanza Wagon. I drove it for 16 years and needed to make a change. I studied Consumer Reports annual used car info going back for years. I knew I needed to get either a Toyota or a Honda based on reliability. I always thought the xtra-Boxy (xB) Scions were cute but after much research I realized that I couldn't do better on a used car purchase. From what I learned from my sister-in-law I am glad I got a 2006 (gen 1). I think the changes that were made in the later xB's were ill-advised to say the least. From what I can tell this car will quickly outpace my love for my Nissan wagon. I am very pleased with the handling and anticipate a long and happy relationship!

3.6

Spacious, reliable and fun to drive!

Absolutely love the Scion xB. This car gets great mileage, has fantastic room for passengers and cargo and people love to make fun of the ?Box? until they ride in one. I?ve even taken it camping in the Sierras and slept comfortably with the back seats down, front seats all the way forward and a custom high density foam mattress covering the entire back of this vehicle. It has also been great for shuttling grandkids to and from their many activities! They love my ?toaster?. Wish it could last forever and since it?s a Toyota it?ll most likely outlast me!