2006 Scion xB consumer reviews

$14,030–$14,830 MSRP range
side view of 2006 xB Scion
Explore the 2006 Scion xB

Realiable

If you're are looking for a vehicle that is economic, spacious, reliable, with simple interior and unique appearance, this is the car for you. The only hiccup is that the 2006's cruise control are fatly, I bought mine with it already broken. I've had one major issue with my vehicle, but that was user error. I have since developed a negative opinion about Toyota's customer service as a whole and will never use the dealership or buy another Toyota.

Love it! It's so much fun to drive!

Love this car. Perfect for my needs. Even though it's 11 years old it runs great. It's small enough for me, I'm only 5' tall, but large enough to fit other needs.

" Excellent Vehicle "

This car is excellent. Very low maintenance. Handles the road very well, especially if your a good driver. I've taken this vehicle at high speeds on sharp turns and it hugs the pavement very well. The take off is a little slow, but once you get going you can hang with the bigger liter engines, without using a lot of gas. This is my second car that I've purchased using Cars.com. The navigation of this website is easy to use. Every testimony I've read about this vehicle has been very positive, so with that in mind, never judge a book by it's cover. I don't know much about the 08 ~ 15 models, but the 04 ~ 06 models owners brag about them.

4.4

Fun Cruzin Scion XB

Bought this car at a price could not walk away from. First I would have not thought I could own this type of boxy car. I see a lot of these cars on the road and felt was to square and small from the outside. When I sat in it there was a lot of head space and in the back was very roomy. The dash was so different but I got used to it. I love driving this car around town. The ride handle is OK, not the greatest. The gas mileage is awesome. You can by a lot of aftermarket parts for this car to customize it to your liking. This is a great economical ride.

4.0

scion xb 2006

I love the look of this car, but the engine hums and the blue light looks like a flashing bullet goes on and I don't know what the symbols are b/c the private dealership does not have the instruction book. The car does not go fast on freeways, but has a slow accerlation. Also, the brakes makes a funny sound.

Bigger inside than outside!

We bought a 2006 Scion xB to be my daily driver and our main family car. As a 6'9" tall guy, I am always interested in the seating position and comfort available to someone of my size. My wife is much shorter (5'1"), so finding a car that can be driven by both of us comfortably is difficult. The xB fits that bill. Well, the first gen xB, last made in 2006. In 2007, they didn't make them. Then, in 2008, they came out with the ruined...er...new version. They made the car a few inches longer and wider, chopped the roof down, and filled in the rear panels. Basically, Toyota took the design from "awesome, very efficient use of space, quirky, and super comfortable" to "basically the same as 99% of the boxy crossovers out there." Get a first gen (2004-2006 in the US) model. They have a smaller engine (more efficient, and it still has plenty of power), more unique design, better use of internal space (why on earth would they change it the way they did in 2008? Argh.), etc. You know how many sub-compacts I can fit in, sitting in the backseat, with the front seat ALL THE WAY BACK (set so I can drive it)? One. The Toyota bB/Scion xB. We purchased a manual/standard transmission vehicle from a private seller (not listed on Cars.com), but found quite a few comparable sales on this website. Spend a few bucks and get a 30-day use with a VIN history check website. AutoCheck is great. CarFax is ok. When you're looking for a particular car, it saves you a lot of time and worry. Also, buy from a private seller if you know what to look for (you should check the same stuff even if the car is on a dealer's lot, btw); you'll save a ton of money vs. buying from a dealership.

4.3

2006 Scion xB

Great Car it may look small from the outside really roomie on the inside. Fun to drive great on gas and it looks very cool as well.

I love this car!!

I bought this car based on a friends recommendation... who owned one...because 2006 was the last year the "windows" went all the way back (no panels..better view) sorry they changed that for I would buy a new one...but 2006 has all the comforts I need and reliability I have had it for 4 years now...I just at 50k miles...winter snow in the north no problelm in fact I like the drive with the snow tires so much I use them all year round...smooth ride.

Best Cars Ever

I already own a grey thunder cloud 2006 Scion xB. Recently purchased a Red Salsa Pearl 2006 Scion xB. I just love these cars. They are roomy, comfortable, get decent gas mileage and overall are just fun vehicles to own. I have already started customizing my Red xB with nice tailights, strut bar, rear spoiler, new matts, led interior glow kit, side window vents, center console. The sad part for me is there will never been anymore of these, which is why I latched on to another one. To be honest if I had the money I'd buy another, because I just love them so much. I did use Car.com to find my Scion xB. I live in Louisiana and found this one in Burnsville Minnesota. My experience with Cars.com was fantastic and provided me all the initial info I needed along with the car fax.

4.0

found it on cars.com and bought it!

drove 300 miles from my house for the car. it was exactly as seen on cars.com love it!! thanks cars.com other wise i would have never found my stage 4 dream car