2010 Forester

4.1 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.5 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

It's been one year and so far...GOOD!

by Mustangsym from Texas on June 28, 2011

I upgraded from a Honda Civic to a 2010 Subaru Forester X with Sport Pkg about a year ago. I wanted to wait a while to see how things went before making a review. It has almost 13k miles on it and so far, it's been a great car. The only thing we've done is two oil changes, tire rotation, and cabin air filter. This car has the best turning radius I've ever seen and I've had five cars in my life time, all of them being little cars. When I made a "Uey" for the first time, I shrilled with excitement, it was fun!! It is a beautiful body style and have gotten many compliments. Several people have come up to me asking what kind of car it is. It looks like a Saab to me, and I like that. I average 24 mpg city/hwy. When I do roadtrips, that jumps up to 28 mpg. Not too shabby for a AWD. Drove it in the snow during winter, and had absolutely no problems. (I'm in the south, so when we get snow, it's ice!) I felt it catch itself once or twice. I was one of few that was able to make it to work during a very icy/snowy week. If you want an excuse to not be able to make it to work, don't buy this car, you won't have an excuse because this car does it all. There are just a few tiny complaints that I do have, and a few of them are just because I couldn't afford the mid-line model. One: Rear cup holders on mine are only in the door, have to get Prem. Model to get the fold out ones. Second: The passenger side seat sits waaaay too low. I love how I can raise the seat in the driver's side and get a SUV feel. When I'm in the passenger seat I feel like I'm in a Corvette! I'm 5'4" so not too short, but still, wish I had seat lifter on the passenger side so I can see better over the dash. I have heard that this might be a little better with leather seats. Three: I should have gotten the moon roof! That's my biggest regret on this car! It is huge!!! Fourth: I kinda wish it was bigger, I don't want to loose the clearance though and that's why I didn't go for the B9 (used). I wanted an SUV not a van dressed as a SUV. Plus, if you have more than three in the car, it can feel a little tight. A/C vents in the back would be nice too. Fifth: 4 spd auto? Come on folks! At least a 5 spd would be nice! Conclusion: This car has a few nitpicky things, but overall, this is the best car I've owned. I've had Honda, 3 Fords (never Again!!), and an Acura. It is fun to drive and great for a small family because of all the safety features. I always feel safe in it. Visibility is awesome!! (why I bought the car over the CRV.) My husband is a Tech and is thoroughly impressed by it so far. He said he hardly ever sees Subarus in the shop and they are usually just for maintenance when he does. Just make sure to splurge for that moonroof, it is amazing and so regret not getting it. When I get out of school I will definetly be going back to get a newer one with leather and moonroof. (and perhaps a Turbo)

My 1st Subaru...But not my last! :D

by Tudy from Waseca, MN on February 2, 2011

I really did my homework, before I bought my FX Premium 5 spd. I wanted to make sure that I'd like the car for years to come. Newly retired, I needed a reliable, multi tasking car, that would be economical, as well. People have remarked how easy it is to enter and exit the Forester. It rides and handles great. I get fantastic mpgs for an AWD wagon, 32+ on hwy. It turns a tight circle. Handy to be able to do, sometimes. Love the huge moonroof! All the cup/bottle holders, 2 of each, front and back. I do a lot of home remodeling and I have never lacked cargo space. If needed, it has a receiver hitch for my trailer. Well, I could go on and on. I think l'll hang on to this Forester a long time. It's perfect as far as I'm concerned.

Sense of security

by sprymom from Barstow, CA on February 22, 2011

My Subaru Forester is wonderful; I have never enjoyed owning a vehilce more. I bought this vehicle after a complete year of looking at many different makes and models of vehicles and none offered more value for the dollar. I read an article of the 10 most hated vehicles by mechanics and they stated that they didn't like the Subaru Forester because it never seems to need repairs and they don't make any money on them. What more could you ask for?

Incredible Functionality

by Dennis from Colorado on November 23, 2012

This car does just everything right. The door height entry level is just about perfect, not too low like our Civic, and not too high like our Lexus RX. Good room for taller people; plenty of headroom. Seating position is very good and seats are fairly comfortable with decent lumbar support. Sufficient power for a four cylinder, but if you're careful and lightfoot it, you can eek out 28-29 MPG. The four is a little noisy; wish Subaru would use more sound deadening. Road noise is this car's only weakness. The symmetrical all wheel drive is the best; the car is unsurpassed in the snow. Everything seems to be built for rugged functionaality. Interior is fairly spartan but quite resistant to the day-to-day wear from cargo in-and-out, and the scuffs and wear from boots, snow, ice and mud. We like the styling of this newest generation over the older models and with only 55K miles we think we're going to be driving this one for quite awhile.

The Best Choice after MUCH Research!

by A Subaru Convert from MN on August 17, 2009

My husband and I spent many weeks doing test drives, pricing inquiries, and internet surfing for our first new cross over suv. The Forrester was the last one we test drove, because we knew right then and there it was what we wanted! We looked at (and test drove) Hyundai Santa Fe and Tuscons, Kia Sportage, Chevy Equinox, Taurus X, Ford Freestyle, Mitsubishi Outlander, Jeep Cherokee, Ford Explorer, Jeep Liberty, Nissan Rogue and Murano . . . and the Forrester gave my 6'3" husband the most head room (by far!). I am transitioning from a car to an SUV and get motion sick easily, so the Forrester gives the most cargo space while still driving like a smooth car. It has the best gas mileage and is the best handling. We love it!

Theres a reason its motortrends SUV of the year!!

by Subbie fan from Faifax Va on July 30, 2009

I usually buy a car after a year it comes out because they always have quirks they need to work out, luckily this one didnt! My forester is smooth, comfortable, and can handle cargo with ease. PROS - powertrain - smooth abundance of room inside styling - inside and out! MPG handles like its half the size it is quiet sport mode the puddle lights the MASSIVE sun roof CONS no V6 5 or 6 spd would be better cargo area is somewhat tilted towards the road no temp gauge (idiot lights instead) the seat belt alarm reacts with 2 gallons of milk in the seat.

I love how it drives

by older lady from Gig harbor,WA on May 2, 2011

Best car for turning around- it is amazing!! Drives so nice and smooth.I love my huge sun/moon roof. I do not like how much gas it eats in the city- highway mileage is good. I wood like more comfortable passenger seats. All over it is very, very good SUV.

RELIABLE AND COMFORTABLE CAR

by WORKING GIRL'S CAR from SAN FRANCOSCO on April 26, 2011

MY ONLY FAULT WITH THIS CAR IS POOR GAS MILEAGE. IT'S VERY COMFORTABLE AND HANDLES WELL. AND IT'S SURPRISINGLY FUN TO DRIVE.

Very good

by Pete1 from Pensacola on February 12, 2011

Great car. I was surprised that it got a tad over 30mpg on the highways. I am in Florida. Not bad for a vehicle with this much power and an outdated 4 speed. Plenty of room inside. No problems so far.

1st New Car

by Family Man from Bremerton, WA on March 11, 2011

The First new car i purchased. it took four months to get to the final two vehicles(thanks cars.com). We have owned the Forrester for one year now and can say one thing. "great choice" this is not your grandparents Subaru. the performance, value and reliability are off the charts. throw the Subaru Forrester in the first choice category!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9