2016 Forester

4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Amazing Vehicle

by Beach1010 from Myrtle Beach on September 28, 2015

This is my first Subaru. I am so impressed. I usually trade vehicles every 2 years so I have a lot to compare this vehicle to. The room is outstanding. My husband is 6'4" tall and has plenty of head room and leg room. The doors open so wide making it so easy to get in the car. The interior is beautiful. The gas mileage is unbelievable. The ride is smooth. The vehicle is so comfortable. I love the automatic tall gate. What a great vehicle. I did a lot of research before we purchased the Subaru and this is rated #1 and for good reason. It is #1

Roomy w/hot seat

by Retired & lovin' it from Philadelphia, Pa on February 12, 2016

Could have given a 5 star review, but it lacks a few simple extras. The glove box has no light so you cannot see inside @nite. Sometimes I use the cup holder for a change dish & there is no cover. Doors do not automatically lock when put in drive. Back-up camera is more of a distraction than a plus. The key does not fold up into a case, so, if you put the key in your pocket, the point of the key is going to rip the pocket of your pants. There is a 12 week wait if you do not want light-colored seats. Dark colors were only available on 1 model. Also, a little more chrome trim would be a bonus. On the bright side: roomy, comfortable, good mileage as stated & good performance on the road. Really like the heated seats. Everything is just what we wanted!

Great SUV!

by DjWaver from San Antonio,TX on December 24, 2015

Finally bought a Forester after shopping around for over a year.There is much to love about this Subaru. Lots of interior space. Standard PZEV and an excellent boxer/cvt combo that provides a great ride.The only Issues are the non auto locking doors when you place the car in drive, The AWD is also great for driving in bad weather. This car has surprised me with its fun to drive and great MPG.

Subaru Value

by 1stimeSubaru from Los Angeles, CA on January 5, 2016

Reliable and nice interior! Comfortable to drive! No blind spots! I know I will love this vehicle for a long long time! Best investment ever!

Nice Car, I'm pleased

by First Time Subaru owner from Central New York on April 1, 2016

I was looking for a manual transmission. In this price range the Mazda CX5 and Subaru Forester came up on this web site. I test drove both and IMHO the Subaru was the winner. Very comfortable, roomy for my family of four and surprisingly good mileage. The Forester is made in Japan (the J as the first letter of the VIN#) and my experience with, made in Japan cars, is that they are very reliable. I just finished the break in period of 500 miles, so time will tell. Likes: The hill start assist (manuals only). The entertainment system, the voice command is a trip. The ride and handling. It is so quiet inside. The mileage, I get about 2 more MPG by mixing 40% 93 octane with 60% 87 octane fuel. My combined 30% city 60% Hwy is 30MPG. It has some pep and the Manual Transmission and clutch are smooth and precise. Dislikes: The fuel gauge, I prefer an analog meter not a LCD bar graph.

Hits the mark

by Bo from Los Angeles Ca on October 8, 2015

Quality, practical and quirky . In short, it's a Suburu. Good view for the drive, eye sight is a great add on for safety. Handles well on the freeway, gas milage between 25-30 mph. NAV and speakers are of good quality. Also purchased Starlink but not enough use to see if it worth the cost. It should have push button start which it does not. This is my second Forester previous one was a new 2003 which I had for 6 years. Good amount of space for storage but like a more open center storage area between seats. Most controls are pretty easy to figure out but it helps to have a lesson before you drive off. Fog lights are an important feature which i suggest getting. I feel very secure in this car and that is why I purchased it. Plan to keep it for at least five years and with Suburu's rep. for quality , this should not be a problem.

Most impressed !

by Sam from Pittsburgh, PA on September 8, 2015

We had done considerable research on the Subaru Forester, comparing it to other brand similar models, so we pretty much knew what we wanted before we went to a dealer. And we knew the approximate price to expect, so there was not shock in the negotiation. The car itself is phenomenal. The visibility from inside is remarkable. We got the all-weather and the eye site packages and are very impressed. We've had the car for over a week now. It has much more ooomph than our previous Jeeps. And I really like the smoothness as it goes from gear to gear---you cannot tell it at all. We would most highly recommend the Subaru Forrester. We prefer the PREMIUM version.

Best Work Car Ever

by Canine Transportation Specialist from Chicago, IL on September 1, 2015

My 2016 Subaru Forester is at it's best in bad weather. It always starts, even in subzero temperatures and easily handles ice, snow, slush and mud. The sportier, updated exterior design is a really nice change. This car also has a well planned interior, every bit of space is able to be used. The seats are really comfortable with great lumbar support, important since I am in and out of the car all day. The reliable and extremely capable Forester checks every box for me.

This is my second Subaru Forester

by Silver Frog from Coos Bay, OR on January 22, 2016

Both the 2011 and 2016 Subaru Foresters are great small SUVs. They are comfortable to drive and to ride as a passenger. The design of the exterior and interior are attractive without distracting busyness. I'm slowly learning the new technology in the 2016 (seems logical so far).and look forward to driving this car for many years.

Great car

by Firsttime from Upstate New York on September 19, 2015

This is my first subaru and I am thoroughly pleased. I made the right choice. Smooth ride and ready for the winter.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10