2016 Forester

2016 Subaru Forester

2016 Subaru Forester

4.5

Have You Driven the 2016 Subaru Forester?

Amazing Vehicle

by Beach1010 from Myrtle Beach on Mon Sep 28 2015

This is my first Subaru. I am so impressed. I usually trade vehicles every 2 years so I have a lot to compare this vehicle to. The room is outstanding. My husband is 6'4" tall and has plenty of head room and leg room. The doors open so wide making it so easy to get in the car. The interior is beautiful. The gas mileage is unbelievable. The ride is smooth. The vehicle is so comfortable. I love the automatic tall gate. What a great vehicle. I did a lot of research before we purchased the Subaru and this is rated #1 and for good reason. It is #1

Nice Car, I'm pleased

by First Time Subaru owner from Central New York on Fri Apr 01 2016

I was looking for a manual transmission. In this price range the Mazda CX5 and Subaru Forester came up on this web site. I test drove both and IMHO the Subaru was the winner. Very comfortable, roomy for my family of four and surprisingly good mileage. The Forester is made in Japan (the J as the first letter of the VIN#) and my experience with, made in Japan cars, is that they are very reliable. I just finished the break in period of 500 miles, so time will tell. Likes: The hill start assist (manuals only). The entertainment system, the voice command is a trip. The ride and handling. It is so quiet inside. The mileage, I get about 2 more MPG by mixing 40% 93 octane with 60% 87 octane fuel. My combined 30% city 60% Hwy is 30MPG. It has some pep and the Manual Transmission and clutch are smooth and precise. Dislikes: The fuel gauge, I prefer an analog meter not a LCD bar graph.

Hits the mark

by Bo from Los Angeles Ca on Thu Oct 08 2015

Quality, practical and quirky . In short, it's a Suburu. Good view for the drive, eye sight is a great add on for safety. Handles well on the freeway, gas milage between 25-30 mph. NAV and speakers are of good quality. Also purchased Starlink but not enough use to see if it worth the cost. It should have push button start which it does not. This is my second Forester previous one was a new 2003 which I had for 6 years. Good amount of space for storage but like a more open center storage area between seats. Most controls are pretty easy to figure out but it helps to have a lesson before you drive off. Fog lights are an important feature which i suggest getting. I feel very secure in this car and that is why I purchased it. Plan to keep it for at least five years and with Suburu's rep. for quality , this should not be a problem.

Most impressed !

by Sam from Pittsburgh, PA on Tue Sep 08 2015

We had done considerable research on the Subaru Forester, comparing it to other brand similar models, so we pretty much knew what we wanted before we went to a dealer. And we knew the approximate price to expect, so there was not shock in the negotiation. The car itself is phenomenal. The visibility from inside is remarkable. We got the all-weather and the eye site packages and are very impressed. We've had the car for over a week now. It has much more ooomph than our previous Jeeps. And I really like the smoothness as it goes from gear to gear---you cannot tell it at all. We would most highly recommend the Subaru Forrester. We prefer the PREMIUM version.

Trade-in

by KJ from PV, AZ on Wed Dec 02 2015

This is actually my 2nd Forester after trading in my 2015 due to numerous rattles issues that couldn't be fixed. Long story. I'm finding the '16 has some nice improvements over the '15, including StarLink, a much better rear camera, tighter brakes and steering. This time around I immediately dumped the Yokahama tires for upgraded Continental's. The tires standard on Foresters are really bad in rain and slushy roads. Do yourself a favor and get rid of the Yokahama's.

Subaru Value

by 1stimeSubaru from Los Angeles, CA on Tue Jan 05 2016

Reliable and nice interior! Comfortable to drive! No blind spots! I know I will love this vehicle for a long long time! Best investment ever!

Best Work Car Ever

by Canine Transportation Specialist from Chicago, IL on Tue Sep 01 2015

My 2016 Subaru Forester is at it's best in bad weather. It always starts, even in subzero temperatures and easily handles ice, snow, slush and mud. The sportier, updated exterior design is a really nice change. This car also has a well planned interior, every bit of space is able to be used. The seats are really comfortable with great lumbar support, important since I am in and out of the car all day. The reliable and extremely capable Forester checks every box for me.

I love this car!!

by Happy camper from Turtle Lake, Wisconsin on Mon Nov 02 2015

A very smooth riding quiet car. Lots of power for passing :) The only thing I have bad to say about this car is the cup holders are hard to access. Better gas mpg. than advertised. I average 30 mpg. Make sure, if you buy the car brand new, let it break in before you judge the mileage. After my third tank of gas I seen an improvement. Subaru is very good at following up on your purchase. I also really like that you have a personal page on their website that keeps track for you when you need to have maintenance done. Your car sends info to keep track of your mileage for you. Very impressed!!

70,000 mile review from the Pioneer Mtns

by Buddy from Apex, MT on Thu Nov 01 2018

No mechanical or electrical problems so far. Fuel economy 22-28 mpg at highway speeds, 300 miles for sure on a tank of gas. Wet road and snow traction is excellent with General Altimax Arctic or Hankook Ipike tires. Switched to Subaru 16? steel wheels, 16x6.5, these are spare tire wheels for year 2012 or older. Good low speed acceleration, acceptable highway passing power. Steering wheel adjusts up/down and in/out which is helpful. Good brakes. Good visibility from inside to outside. Nice heavy duty floor mats, much better than aftermarket. For first 11,000 miles, switched to 5w-30 conventional oil with oil changes every 3k miles. I saved the oil and filter and reinstalled in the car after 11,000 miles. At this point switched back to 0w-20 full synthetic oil. Current oil consumption is less than 1 quart between 6000+ mile oil changes. Fine print in manual said 5w-30 was ok. Interior heater / defroster when below freezing best to let the car warm up for at least 10 minutes so windshield can defrost. Seat covers stain easy, clean-up water stains them too. Delay of vehicle movement shifting from forward to reverse or back, have to plan for this lag time.

my 3rd Subaru

by Subaru loyalist ! from rochester,ny - Doyle Chevrolet on Sat Apr 02 2016

Loving the new 2016 that I bought - will always stick with Subarus - a safe car, especially in Rochester winters. Ease of entry, sit right down into the car without banging head or uncomfortable bending or twisting - hate to admit my age but a great car for elders. And, 2 of my adult children swear by Subaru foresters also, consider it a great family car ! Try one !!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16

Our Take on the 2016 Subaru Forester

The verdict: The 2016 Subaru Forester is a compact SUV that impresses us with its cargo space, visibility and peppy engine, but its shortcomings include a choppy ride, soft brakes and a drab interior.

Versus the competition: The Forester is at the head of the compact SUV class when it comes to practicality and utility, but competitors offer nicer interiors and more rewarding driving attributes.

The Forester is styled more like an SUV than Subaru’s other compact vehicles, the Impreza and Crosstrek. Changes are minimal for 2016, with all Forester models getting a touch-screen multimedia system (6.2 inches is the standard size). A subscription-based emergency communication system is also... Read More