NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2016 Forester

2016 Subaru Forester

2016 Subaru Forester

4.5

Have You Driven the 2016 Subaru Forester?

Amazing Vehicle

by Beach1010 from Myrtle Beach on Mon Sep 28 2015

This is my first Subaru. I am so impressed. I usually trade vehicles every 2 years so I have a lot to compare this vehicle to. The room is outstanding. My husband is 6'4" tall and has plenty of head room and leg room. The doors open so wide making it so easy to get in the car. The interior is beautiful. The gas mileage is unbelievable. The ride is smooth. The vehicle is so comfortable. I love the automatic tall gate. What a great vehicle. I did a lot of research before we purchased the Subaru and this is rated #1 and for good reason. It is #1

Roomy w/hot seat

by Retired & lovin' it from Philadelphia, Pa on Fri Feb 12 2016

Could have given a 5 star review, but it lacks a few simple extras. The glove box has no light so you cannot see inside @nite. Sometimes I use the cup holder for a change dish & there is no cover. Doors do not automatically lock when put in drive. Back-up camera is more of a distraction than a plus. The key does not fold up into a case, so, if you put the key in your pocket, the point of the key is going to rip the pocket of your pants. There is a 12 week wait if you do not want light-colored seats. Dark colors were only available on 1 model. Also, a little more chrome trim would be a bonus. On the bright side: roomy, comfortable, good mileage as stated & good performance on the road. Really like the heated seats. Everything is just what we wanted!

Nice Car, I'm pleased

by First Time Subaru owner from Central New York on Fri Apr 01 2016

I was looking for a manual transmission. In this price range the Mazda CX5 and Subaru Forester came up on this web site. I test drove both and IMHO the Subaru was the winner. Very comfortable, roomy for my family of four and surprisingly good mileage. The Forester is made in Japan (the J as the first letter of the VIN#) and my experience with, made in Japan cars, is that they are very reliable. I just finished the break in period of 500 miles, so time will tell. Likes: The hill start assist (manuals only). The entertainment system, the voice command is a trip. The ride and handling. It is so quiet inside. The mileage, I get about 2 more MPG by mixing 40% 93 octane with 60% 87 octane fuel. My combined 30% city 60% Hwy is 30MPG. It has some pep and the Manual Transmission and clutch are smooth and precise. Dislikes: The fuel gauge, I prefer an analog meter not a LCD bar graph.

Hits the mark

by Bo from Los Angeles Ca on Thu Oct 08 2015

Quality, practical and quirky . In short, it's a Suburu. Good view for the drive, eye sight is a great add on for safety. Handles well on the freeway, gas milage between 25-30 mph. NAV and speakers are of good quality. Also purchased Starlink but not enough use to see if it worth the cost. It should have push button start which it does not. This is my second Forester previous one was a new 2003 which I had for 6 years. Good amount of space for storage but like a more open center storage area between seats. Most controls are pretty easy to figure out but it helps to have a lesson before you drive off. Fog lights are an important feature which i suggest getting. I feel very secure in this car and that is why I purchased it. Plan to keep it for at least five years and with Suburu's rep. for quality , this should not be a problem.

Subaru Value

by 1stimeSubaru from Los Angeles, CA on Tue Jan 05 2016

Reliable and nice interior! Comfortable to drive! No blind spots! I know I will love this vehicle for a long long time! Best investment ever!

Most impressed !

by Sam from Pittsburgh, PA on Tue Sep 08 2015

We had done considerable research on the Subaru Forester, comparing it to other brand similar models, so we pretty much knew what we wanted before we went to a dealer. And we knew the approximate price to expect, so there was not shock in the negotiation. The car itself is phenomenal. The visibility from inside is remarkable. We got the all-weather and the eye site packages and are very impressed. We've had the car for over a week now. It has much more ooomph than our previous Jeeps. And I really like the smoothness as it goes from gear to gear---you cannot tell it at all. We would most highly recommend the Subaru Forrester. We prefer the PREMIUM version.

Trade-in

by KJ from PV, AZ on Wed Dec 02 2015

This is actually my 2nd Forester after trading in my 2015 due to numerous rattles issues that couldn't be fixed. Long story. I'm finding the '16 has some nice improvements over the '15, including StarLink, a much better rear camera, tighter brakes and steering. This time around I immediately dumped the Yokahama tires for upgraded Continental's. The tires standard on Foresters are really bad in rain and slushy roads. Do yourself a favor and get rid of the Yokahama's.

Best Work Car Ever

by Canine Transportation Specialist from Chicago, IL on Tue Sep 01 2015

My 2016 Subaru Forester is at it's best in bad weather. It always starts, even in subzero temperatures and easily handles ice, snow, slush and mud. The sportier, updated exterior design is a really nice change. This car also has a well planned interior, every bit of space is able to be used. The seats are really comfortable with great lumbar support, important since I am in and out of the car all day. The reliable and extremely capable Forester checks every box for me.

2016 Forester

by AKQ from Iowa on Sat Dec 10 2016

We had always wanted a Forester, and after my Honda Pilot died in a wreck, we decided to take the plunge. We bought the base model vehicle. I love the viability. I love the mileage on open roads. Where I stopped loving it was in the snow. One of the selling points of this car was its ability to handle well in snow. It doesn't. In fact, it was so poor that I had my husband drive it and he was super concerned for safety in snowy weather. I will be calling the dealer to discuss my disappointment.

Does not recommend this car!!

I love this car!!

by Happy camper from Turtle Lake, Wisconsin on Mon Nov 02 2015

A very smooth riding quiet car. Lots of power for passing :) The only thing I have bad to say about this car is the cup holders are hard to access. Better gas mpg. than advertised. I average 30 mpg. Make sure, if you buy the car brand new, let it break in before you judge the mileage. After my third tank of gas I seen an improvement. Subaru is very good at following up on your purchase. I also really like that you have a personal page on their website that keeps track for you when you need to have maintenance done. Your car sends info to keep track of your mileage for you. Very impressed!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13

Our Take on the 2016 Subaru Forester

The verdict: The 2016 Subaru Forester is a compact SUV that impresses us with its cargo space, visibility and peppy engine, but its shortcomings include a choppy ride, soft brakes and a drab interior.

Versus the competition: The Forester is at the head of the compact SUV class when it comes to practicality and utility, but competitors offer nicer interiors and more rewarding driving attributes.

The Forester is styled more like an SUV than Subaru's other compact vehicles, the Impreza and Crosstrek. Changes are minimal for 2016, with all Forester models getting a touch-screen multimedia system (6.2 inches is the standard size). A subscription-based emergency communication system is... Read More